SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United 0 Blackburn Rovers 1

Eddie

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it just me who thought that Bowyer (?) was pulling Pedersen's shirt sleeve causing him to fall into the ball? Or am I just looking for justification!

Damn happy with the result whatever the manner, just think, only 3 points behind Arsenal...

rover.gif

Was it just me who thought that Bowyer (?) was pulling Pedersen's shirt sleeve causing him to fall into the ball?

rover.gif

376779[/snapback]

No I think that tug contributed much to the outcome. MGP would have got his head on that ball easily but for the 'tug' which caused him to move forward and instinctively knock it in with his hand .......

...........I do think that .......really.

But then I would say that wouldn't I? rover.gif

You lot are bloody hilarious.

Imagine the uproar if the goal had been the other way round?

"F##### southern bias!!!!!!!!!!!! refs hate us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheating f##########s !!!!!!!!!!!!!"

We deserve our bit of luck, excelent win as well, I just hope it shuts some whining dicks up. Won't mind, but I can live in hope.

Fantastic day out. Great win, great support from the fans who sang their hearts out. Never watched a match from such a distance - was it only me who couldn't seem to make out who was who?

Just for fun we went to watch the "Souness out" protests outside the ground, centred around the exit where the Rovers' coach was waiting. Saw Dickov come out of the ground with his arm in a sling. Didn't look good.

"F##### southern bias!!!!!!!!!!!! refs hate us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheating f##########s !!!!!!!!!!!!!"

We deserve our bit of luck, excelent win as well, I just hope it shuts some whining dicks up.  Won't mind, but I can live in hope.

376794[/snapback]

To quote various managers "These things even themselves out over the season" laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

Woke up this morning with this little ditty in my head .... just thought I'd share it with you.

You need hands

To hold someone you care for

You need hands

To show that you're sincere

But the sweetest hands of all

are the hands that scored the goal

That left Geordies once again

crying in their beer

All together now .....

Peter Cucumber eat your heart out! smile.gif

Big blow losing Dickov cause I have a feeling Kuqi is going through a bit of a sticky patch with bad form...Hasnt looked as effective as he did earlier in the season and looks a little tired.

Dont have much faith in JJ either, especially with 3 important "Cup Finals" coming up.

Had another great day yesterday, vocal away support and 3 points.

The Admiral was a stalwart in defence

Tugay was inspirational.......

Nice to see Sergio get another run out and did well

Kuqi's first touch is terrible and lacked alot of pace, but whatever he does he does well...

Another handball goal (never mind chin up)

Newcastle's finishing was luckily well below par........

Commiserations to Souey.....

Oh and the Whale and his Family.... wink.gif

"F##### southern bias!!!!!!!!!!!!

376794[/snapback]

Newcastle is about 100 miles North of us so I think this is actually further proof of the existence of southern bias! rover.gif

I am one of Souey's biggest critics but I can't bring myself to gloat about him losing his job after a controversial goal.

I hope he keeps the job because with him in charge Newcastle aren't going to be competing with Rovers on the fringes of the UEFA cups spots.

Well done, Rovers.

376642[/snapback]

Totally agree with Rover 6 on this. I am not a big fan of Souness, but I think that as long as he keeps his job at Newcastle, they are much less likely to give Rovers any serious competition, and there is no danger of MH being poached.

Souness actually believed that Newcastle were the best team. Now I find that amazing. Rovers looked by far a better side, to me.

Which teams back four looked in control of the situation? It wasn't Newcastles. Which teams midfield looked fitter and had the movement to cause problems all afternoon? It wasn't Newcastles.

Who's strikers were getting more and more frustrated by the way the game was panning out? Newcastle and Shearer in particular.

Notice Savage isn't getting a mention very much on here. Why? I thought he was superb.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.