BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United 0 Blackburn Rovers 1

Eddie

100s of Geordies are demonstrating outside the ground...looks like its all Rover for Graham. They have just been infering on the BBC that he's bought crap naming Titus Bramble and Boumsong  biggrin.gif

Sven's leaving after WC according to the BBC

376619[/snapback]

Calling for robson back , typcal geordies they are the ones who got him sacked FFS

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result...is there anyway Sparky is our manager in 2007/08? Too bad Boro couldn't have nicked a draw after being 2-0 down.

Bit worried about the striker situation now given that Bellamy is so injury prone. We have to bring someone in, at least on loan, don't we?

Heh, I'm amazed the ref and his assistants missed pedersens right hook/jab. I'm sure Lennox Lewis would approve.

Not good news regarding Dickov, it looked like a dislocated shoulder to me and with him gone our attack just faded away. Kuqi showed his ineptness again I'm afraid. Not good enough against any sort of decent opposition. This should mean a new striker, a permanent move or a loan. Wouldn't hurt getting Gally back if that is at all possible.

Good first half today and crap second but we got away with it.

Nice one.

I watched the game online (yes i know its wrong, but i am a skint student at the moment) and i thought we played well, once again i was impressed with the back five, we limited Newcastle to few chances, but the chances they did have could have been costly if they had been on target a la Lee Bowyer second half.

Dickov's arm/shoulder looked a mess from as soon as he hit the floor, i can't see us seeing him playing for us again before at least end of March/early April, juts depends i suppose. If its only a dislocation he may be abck sooner or later, but if he's done tendon or ligament damage, as well as the dislocation/break it may be next season before he plays for us again.

I'm looking forward to some Chop Souey, any one else looking forward to it? Lmao.

Fantastic result for us. I didn't see the first half, but the second was not that good, but as long as we gets the points I'm more than pleased. Did anyone else see that situation when MGP was one-on-one with Given but was called offside? He was at least a couple of meters onside.

If Dickov are out for a long time then we should get Gallagher back. Kuqi just aint good enough, and should not be in our starting XI. He has been awful in our two last games. His first touch and balance is just way to poor at this level, although he is a decent squad-player.

Fortunate result given the balance of play in the second half.

Then the goal. Bounced off Kuqi's shoulder and guided in by the "Hand of Pedersen."

Oh dear ,looks like Souness has been "mugged by lady luck again" laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

"Dole queue on Monday, you're in the dole queue on Monday"

I am one of Souey's biggest critics but I can't bring myself to gloat about him losing his job after a controversial goal.

I hope he keeps the job because with him in charge Newcastle aren't going to be competing with Rovers on the fringes of the UEFA cups spots.

Well done, Rovers.

Edited by rover6

3 away wins in a row- first time since the 94/95 season according to official site.

376641[/snapback]

If there's any way the board can give even more backing to Sparky then they should give it. The man is doing an absolutely brilliant job and really knows what the hell he is doing and where the hell he is going with this club.

I am one of Souey's biggest critics but I can't bring myself to gloat about him losing his job after a controversial goal.

I hope he keeps the job because with him in charge Newcastle aren't going to be competing with Rovers on the fringes of the UEFA cups spots.

Well done, Rovers.

376642[/snapback]

I do feel a little sorry for him with the amount of injuries he has but when you think about it when he was in charge of us we had the same problems so my conclusion is that its something to do with the way they train.

If Dickov's injury is collar bone it wil be pinned and plated in the next couple of days. He should be back in action within a month. I did mine in 3 places 18 months ago, still hurts but was fine to play football within a month. smile.gif

Flipping brilliant result, im so happy i can hardly stand still here at uni! The most satisfying thing about the whole situation is that the goal shouldnt have even stood anyway, but for once this season the ref has been on our side! Sounds like that we played reasonably well but perhaps the draw woulda been the right result. Couldnt care less bout souness, he's history as far as im concerned. Me thinks he will have 1 last chance at Cheltnam, but as for us, onwards and upwards rover.gif

I'm delighted with the result, as it pushed us further up the table toward Europe and away from the bigger club that Souness left us for, it continues our unbeaten run and it puts Souness in the sh!t. It sounds like we should have been 2-0 up by half time and in the second half Newcastle had more of the play without creating much. The goal is a lucky one, but who cares. The last time we won at Newcastle, Gallagher scored with his hand as well! Apparently Kuqi was a disaster again and it was good to see Sergio Peter get a game in the Premiership.

Elsewhere, Thompson scored on his Wigan debut and fair play to him. Middlesborough are in big trouble and after Birmingham's win (damn it!) they are only three points outside the relegation zone. There could be two managers out of a job in the northeast come Monday.

Edited by RoyRover

If Dickov's injury is collar bone it wil be pinned and plated in the next couple of days. He should be back in action within a month. I did mine in 3 places 18 months ago, still hurts but was fine to play football within a month. smile.gif

376649[/snapback]

Not so sure the level of football you'd have been playing at was exactly the same as the Premiership....

376649[/snapback]

If he has injuried his collar bone, then wehave to be on the look out for a new striker. Bellamy is a bit injury prone, Kuqi is useless and Johnson is too young and inexperienced.

Thought we played reasonably well today. It took us a while to get going in the second half and we were a bit lucky to get away with all 3 points i thought.

Not to worried about Dickov's injury. We need to get a new striker in regardless of how long he is out. The man can't finish, dribble or pass. I find it a bit puzzling that when Emerton missed a sitter against fulham there were 3 pages of how useless he is, but Dickov is somehow allowed to miss sitters week in and week out just because he runs around like a headless chicken most of the time. And Kuqi is not nearly good enough either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.