SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United 0 Blackburn Rovers 1

Eddie

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shearer a dead cert to score from a penalty.

Then Graeme Souness's "personal blue devil" Lady luck arrives and tries her best to giftwrap the win to Rovers ...but she's up against for than she can handle in shefki's finishing skills and despite her efforts, Rovers can only manage one goal.

Newcastle 1 Blackburn 1

Shearer pen 36 Dickov 82

I'll take it that's a no, then.  smile.gif    Looks like it will have to be cans on the train then.

375620[/snapback]

There's loads of good boozers in Newcastle and you won't get any trouble unless you start getting out of order. The Witherspoons opposite the station (Union Rooms I think) is a good starting point and then just make your way to the ground. We'll be in there for 11 or so and there's always been Rovers fans in there when I've been.

I wouldn't recommend any songs like "Thank you very much for poaching Souness" mind.

We will have a better side out than Newcastle on Saturday but I just have a feeling we are going to lose this one, I hope I am wrong. Dickov and Bentley as an attacking force might not fare that well. If Bellamy was fit I would think we would stand a much better chance.

Side I would expect:

Dickov          Bentley

Pedersen    Tugay        Savage    Emerton

Gray      Nelsen          Todd      Niell

Freidel

Subs:  Encks, Zurab, Peter, Reid, Kuqi

1-2 Savage, Shearer, Solano

pah! I meant suspended, slip of the tongue.  smile.gif

376090[/snapback]

And Bently is suspended aswell. Good opportunity to give Jemal a go, though you'd have to assume that Hughes will start with Dickov and that lump Kuqi. dry.gif

The Omens are not looking good...

Lawro has predicted us to win 2-1.  <edit - which strangely is what i predicted earlier!!>

Definately going to lose now.

376205[/snapback]

FFS

Lawro has predicted us to win.

376206[/snapback]

Beat me to it. We stand no chance!

Lawro's Prediction

Newcastle v Blackburn

I think Blackburn are playing extremely well. They are turning themselves not just into a difficult team to play against but a good footballing side too.

They have width, they have a cutting edge and they look like they are playing some good stuff at the minute.

As for Newcastle, they are decimated by injuries and they cannot defend, it is as plain and simple as that.

He's changed his tune "good footballing side" WHAT??

I wish that Lawro would make up his mind.

Could it be that he has realised that he is c**p at predicting results - and has gone deliberately against his old team mate Souey in the hope that they actually win biggrin.gif

Still not changing my original prediction - 2-1 to Rovers.

It will be an interesting team selection by MH. Though history would seem to indicate that MH will play his strongest side (personally I would rest Tugay, possibly Pedersen and Dickov - and give the youngsters a go).

I do wonder how injured Todd is - and whether he is carrying only a slight knock - but being rested for Wednesday.

Personally - I would swap a result tomorrow for a win at OT on Wednesday.

To be fair Lawro got stick against QPR for predicting a 1-1 draw, he's now getting stick for predicting we win. HOWEVER- it just shows how little research goes into his predictions - PLus i dont think we have that much width - pederson tucks in a lot plus emo is on the other side...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.