BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Theo Walcott

M-K

Walcott does have that ability to do something unexepected, something that will suprise the opposition.

406736[/snapback]

Yeah like lay a fresh turd on the half way line after his first touch takes him straight into a Gattuso or Viera!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this discussion about Walcott will probably turn out to be completely irrelevant.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even get on the pitch. Sven is far more likely to try Gerrard/Cole in an advanced role if he's struggling.

Wenger has been very crafty and played an absolute blinder from the point of view of Arsenal FC. The experience Walcott will get from mixing with the squad will be absolutely invaluable.

Highly deserved ahead of players who have actually featured for their club this season.

Still Sven dosen't have a record of picking deserving players. Like Matt Jansen and that had worse consequences than him missing out on the world cup squad.

Edited by Anti-Man Utd

Wenger has been very crafty and played an absolute blinder from the point of view of Arsenal FC. The experience Walcott will get from mixing with the squad will be absolutely invaluable.

406804[/snapback]

I'd go along with that. Even if he doesn't play or if he has a cameo role in the last few minutes of a game, the experience of a big tourney and mixing with world class players will surely be good for him and especially when he goes back to L'Arse a better player. Only downside would be the media spotlight, which the red top comics have already started on, but I'm sure Wenger will shield him a bit. Although I thought he came across well in his interview on SSN, not giving too much away, and saying what he liked, despite interviewer trying to set him up by asking certain questions IMO.

Michael ###### Owen will ###### play with Crouch you ######.  He's in ###### training already, he'll be so ###### ready for the first game.

Owen Hargreaves will ###### play because he's a ###### good player.  He's been one of Bayern ###### Munich's best players this season, he's been ###### for England in the past but in the holding midfield role he's been ###### hot this season and got ###### loads of man of the match awards.  I'd be a happy ###### if he started in central midfield with Lampard and had Gerrard further up the ###### pitch supporting Owen.

Back to Walcott for a minute...the more I talk about him with people, the more I talk about it with people the more it makes sense.  If we're losing I'd much rather Walcott came on than Darrent Bent.  Bent never creates things for himself, he might put a half chance away should it fall to him but so should the majority of our strikers.  Walcott does have that ability to do something unexepected, something that will suprise the opposition.  Admittedly, Defoe does this from time to time as well but having never been a fan of is I wouldn't be too keen on him going either.

406736[/snapback]

Yup seen that movie too.

Gonna need plenty of Benson and Hedges for this campaign.

• 1 month later...

Why should Ericsson give a toss? He's been fired rem?

As far as the squad he must be nuts not to take Bent before Andy Johnston. If Crouch gets hurt early doors or suffers a loss of form we have no 'back to goal' replacement should certain tactics require it. One proper target men and a load of midgets is farcical! Crikey everybody and their mother knows BRFC need a big feller up front and the England situation is just the same.

Kinell why does the incompetant con man not read this board. He is a fool of the highest order. How he gets away by simply reading the back pages and doing whatever the press suggest is gobsmacking!

BTW what price Ashton and / or Kevin Davies today?

btw despite being a superb all round player Wayne Rooney is not a back to goal player. :(

......................Carrick/Carragher

Becks......... Gerrard.........Rooney......Cole

...................Ashton/Davies/ Beatty

would p1ss this world cup match.

Edited by thenodrog

Are you suggesting Joe Cole and Beckham play as wing-backs?

You know what would happen if we had someone REALLY good in the air up front. Our long-ball adoring midfielders and defenders would be doing what they love but which isn't much good for winning.

Edited by rover6

Who is Theo Walcott?

A young kid that put Mr Burns' name in the news for being adventurous, showing balls. Not playing him though is just the same as only taking 22. Should have tossed him in when Owen was injured then we could all say, yes in fact Sven does have some rather large Huevos.

A young kid that put Mr Burns' name in the news for being adventurous, showing balls. Not playing him though is just the same as only taking 22. Should have tossed him in when Owen was injured then we could all say, yes in fact Sven does have some rather large Huevos.

So Theo showed his balls to Sven and got picked?

I wish Mr Burns had been adventerous and picked a player who was going to get on the pitch.

Kinell why does the incompetant con man not read this board. He is a fool of the highest order. How he gets away by simply reading the back pages and doing whatever the press suggest is gobsmacking!

BTW what price Ashton and / or Kevin Davies today?

btw despite being a superb all round player Wayne Rooney is not a back to goal player. :(

...................Ashton/Davies/ Beatty

would p1ss this world cup match.

Brilliant, that's the best laugh I've had in ages. Although I have to disagree, based on your take of football, surely we should be playing either....

...................John Fashanu/Brian Deane/Shefki Kuqi

Walcott's Premiership form is only as good as mine. Add him to Hargreaves on the list of players Philipl could replace in the England squad and nobody would notice.

Hargreaves played well the other day, and I think will continue to. You seem to be in a rather isolated position on that front.

Jenas seems the most pointless member of the squad for me. I cannot think of a reason we would ever need to play him short of an injury crisis of mammoth proportions. Hargreaves on the other hand is our only true tackling defensive midfielder and can cover right back.

Brilliant, that's the best laugh I've had in ages. Although I have to disagree, based on your take of football, surely we should be playing either....

...................John Fashanu/Brian Deane/Shefki Kuqi

Damn I forgot to leave Lampard out! :wstu: I'll edit it now.

Anyway it's reported that Sven is looking to play a 4-5-1 formation with Rooney as the lone target man. Rooney is not a back to goal player simple as! He and the other midfielders should be doing what we know they are best at namely coming onto balls held up / knocked down by the likes of Ashton and Davies who are not great but are actually the best we have at that task. Horses for courses Ciren. Great player that he is you wouldn't choose to play Rooney in goal if Robinson got hurt or at Centre half if Rio did likewise so why ask Rooney to do something alien to him. Another danger with the scouse git is that if he is performing poorly the red mist will come down and we will end up with 10 men.

btw heard a whisper last night that Walcotts non appearence is down to the senior players opinion that he is simply not up to the job. The swedes shows himself as more of an incompetent moron by the day.

Rooney is not a back to goal player simple as!

What's your reasoning behind that? I would have thought that the first touch he has and clever passes he can supply make him pretty well suited to the job.

Certainly better than...

the likes of Ashton and Davies who are not great

btw heard a whisper last night that Walcotts non appearence is down to the senior players opinion that he is simply not up to the job. The swedes shows himself as more of an incompetent moron by the day.

Voices in the head now , Theno ; that's a bad sign .... :unsure: But you're right about Walcott I reckon - and Sven .

Going back to the formation of the team , I'm quite hopeful that it will work today . Hargreaves and Carrick should do alright in their respective positions ; this should give the Roonster enough support fom the midfield not to have to play with his back to the goal too much . In theory ;)

Crikey even Alan Ball agreed with me yesterday before the match! :rolleyes: That must be a bad sign. The point he made is that you should never play your best player and most likely matchwinner out of position. Common sense really M-K.

You must know how that feels.

Ahhh at last a SGE supporter! Hows it feel being in a majority of one drawks. :wstu:

Edited by thenodrog

Might as well think like that.

Maybe a bit of positive thinking would do us good. Seems like every other English person is waiting for us to fail, quite a terrible way of approaching things if you ask me.

Brazil always believe they can win, and often do. Maybe if we believed more, we could achieve more.

Then again the media will never let the England team win, they are desperate to see us fail.

Might as well think like that.

Maybe a bit of positive thinking would do us good. Seems like every other English person is waiting for us to fail, quite a terrible way of approaching things if you ask me.

Brazil always believe they can win, and often do. Maybe if we believed more, we could achieve more.

Then again the media will never let the England team win, they are desperate to see us fail.

I know I might get my head kicked in for this.... But as a person outside the UK looking in its hard for me to see another country with higher expectations to their national team than the english - specially if you compare expectations to results over the past 50 years. Of course Brazil... but they kinda have valid grounds I think... where as the english doesnt....

Take spain for instance... over the past 20 years or so they have been regarded as one of the contenders and they have had high hopes for themselves. But this year they have sort of realised that their recent performances couldnt merrit the high expectations and therefor they have been more humble this year.

Again looking from the outside... I find England under sven playing the most boring football known to man... but its hard to really knock what he has done in the big tournos result wise . losing to brazil 4 years ago and going out on pens 2 years ago can be put down to those marginals that top footie is all about.

Souness' Lady luck does have a say when it comes to deciding the big tournements and this year might be it for england. Certainly based on the first 4 games...

Edited by brfcjon

I know I might get my head kicked in for this.... But as a person outside the UK looking in its hard for me to see another country with higher expectations to their national team than the english - specially if you compare expectations to results over the past 50 years. Of course Brazil... but they kinda have valid grounds I think... where as the english doesnt....

Take spain for instance... over the past 20 years or so they have been regarded as one of the contenders and they have had high hopes for themselves. But this year they have sort of realised that their recent performances couldnt merrit the high expectations and therefor they have been more humble this year.

Again looking from the outside... I find England under sven playing the most boring football known to man... but its hard to really knock what he has done in the big tournos result wise . losing to brazil 4 years ago and going out on pens 2 years ago can be put down to those marginals that top footie is all about.

Souness' Lady luck does have a say when it comes to deciding the big tournements and this year might be it for england. Certainly based on the first 4 games...

I like your summary of the situation, and I tend to agree with it. Certainly on the results so far, and given a fairly large portion of "lady luck" we just might go all the way this time. BUT given the original squad selection, and the injuries sustained so far, combined with the performances on the pitch I would say we are looking at a bit more than "lady luck" to actually win the trophy; more like a miracle!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.