Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Theo Walcott

M-K

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't relying on a 17yr old kid

What are you talking about. We have Gerrard, Cole, Lampard. They all know how to score goals and perform at the highest level (unlike Defoe and Bent, who have never shown that they can perform at International level)

406495[/snapback]

of course we are !!why take him if you cant rely on him ...waste of a place then.

but they aint strikers....so if one and thats alls is going to take one injury to our owen and the wonderfully amazing crouch then step fprward a midfielder...thus then weaking the midfield........and everyone used to slag soey off for playing players out of position.

i think Abbey and Bucky should have a BRFCS.COM celebrity boxing match!

It'll sure make the time go quicker until we sign Gudjohnsen! rover.gif

406501[/snapback]

only if hannah,rach debs and roversmum rub us down with oil and jelly...go on then claire i will let you as well rolleyes.gif

of course we are !!why take him if you cant rely on him ...waste of a place then.

but they aint strikers....so if one and thats alls is going to take one injury to our owen and the wonderfully amazing crouch then step fprward a midfielder...thus then weaking the midfield........and everyone used to slag soey off for playing players out of position.

406515[/snapback]

Rely implies that he is our only hope, which he most certainly is not.

Very surprised about Walcott.

Never been seen and never played premiership - 'nuff said. What a slap in the face for all those players who've had a great season and got no reward.

Incidently I wouldn't have had Bent, despite his good form, I'd have gone for Defoe who I think is a more talented player. Either way they're both proven and proven is what you need for a world cup, where the margin for error is minimal. (Unlike say a friendly or even a qualifier where there's anopther chance to put things right.)

If he was a viable option, why didn't the pundits mention him, why hasn't Sven seen him play, why hasn't he been tried in a friendly. I'm sorry but if he's not good enough to play some role at Arsenal then he shouldn't be in the england team.

The whole squad however is somewhat flawed, as others have stated. Hargreaves I understand - he's our defensive midfield option - but no back up target man, an unfit rooney allowed but not King who has qustion marks over his fitness, and Jenas is enough to make the staunchest england fan feel somewhat less optimistic.

Hopefully we'll be proved wrong though - we've seen unknown talents work before, for example Stead keeping rovers up a couple of years back. Hopefully Walcotts confidence will be the same, but with a lack of striking support I fear there may be too much pressure on his shoulders.

IF ROON FAILS AND OWEN GETS INJ ...HE WILL BE !!!

406533[/snapback]

will he ######

Andy Johnson and Defoe will be called up to play alongside Crouch with Walcott on the bench.

Dont be so ###### overexcitable

Owen ###### Hargreaves dear god. And he'll sodding get played I bet you

I had to laugh at parts of this article in the Daily Mail yesterday by Des Kelly. You do wonder if there is an element of this about it:

Watching Sven Goran Eriksson unveil his World Cup squad was a disconcerting affair. It was like watching the office bore mark his last day in the job by leaping onto the photocopier and running off portraits of his bare backside.

.......................So could Eriksson explain the extraordinary decision? "No not logically" he replied, wrapping his necktie around his head and pinning a scan of his bare buttocks up on the notice board.

"When did you decide to pick him" "Oh er this morning" he added pocketing a desk stapler and sticking another close up shot of his derriere in the internal mail for the attention of the chief executive.

"Sometimes it just feels right" he grinned, revealing the wild, hit me with another dry sherry side to his personality only glimpsed previously by Nancy, a gaggle of FA typists and old Swedish weather reporters.

Must say that having seen the interview with him on ITV News he looks like a top bloke who I think is destined for great things.

Anyone with that sort of pace can be a real asset, especially coming off the bench against the aging defences of countries such as Sweden and Trinidad and Tobago.

SGE has shown a certain genius here. Faced with two of the better strikers England has had in the past 50 years both injured and all other striking options so poor they wouldn't have been selected in any of the other World Cup squads in the past 50 years, he has pulled a master stroke.

All the press can witter on about Walcott and let Owen and Rooney recover/moulder in peace. When the press get bored with Walcott, Lennon can go in the firing line.

At the World Cup, facing a 17 year old kid who is so raw he doesn't even feature in Prozone could be a terrifying prospect for any ageing defender with a reputation at stake.

SGE has shown a certain genius here. Faced with two of the better strikers England has had in the past 50 years both injured and all other striking options so poor they wouldn't have been selected in any of the other World Cup squads in the past 50 years, he has pulled a master stroke.

All the press can witter on about Walcott and let Owen and Rooney recover/moulder in peace. When the press get bored with Walcott, Lennon can go in the firing line.

At the World Cup, facing a 17 year old kid who is so raw he doesn't even feature in Prozone could be a terrifying prospect for any ageing defender with a reputation at stake.

406590[/snapback]

Or he'll get dicked on as he's just a raw talent, and not a very productive one at that. wink.gif

Theo could be the next big thing after the W.C. if he comes on and play superb football and scores a winning goal, Sven will be justified in picking him. But if he comes on, plays shocking football it will do nothing for the team and it will do nothing for the lads confidence. He's only 17, hasn't played English professional football since January versus Plymouth and has played reserve team football twice, only TWICE.

For the country and the lads sake i hope he plays well as it could ruin him before his career has even begun if he plays bad.

We aren't relying on a 17yr old kid

What are you talking about. We have Gerrard, Cole, Lampard. They all know how to score goals and perform at the highest level (unlike Defoe and Bent, who have never shown that they can perform at International level)

406495[/snapback]

At least they've proven they can perform at a level.

I would agree it was a worthy pick if there were 2 circumstances:

1. He'd actually scored goals in the Championship, at least

2. He was the 5th striker, not the 4th with one half-crocked and one all-crocked.

Rooney will not be dropped from the squad if he has any chance of playing in the later rounds.

will he ######

Andy Johnson and Defoe will be called up to play alongside Crouch with Walcott on the bench.

Dont be so ###### overexcitable

Owen ###### Hargreaves dear god. And he'll sodding get played I bet you

406541[/snapback]

Michael ###### Owen will ###### play with Crouch you ######. He's in ###### training already, he'll be so ###### ready for the first game.

Owen Hargreaves will ###### play because he's a ###### good player. He's been one of Bayern ###### Munich's best players this season, he's been ###### for England in the past but in the holding midfield role he's been ###### hot this season and got ###### loads of man of the match awards. I'd be a happy ###### if he started in central midfield with Lampard and had Gerrard further up the ###### pitch supporting Owen.

Back to Walcott for a minute...the more I talk about him with people, the more I talk about it with people the more it makes sense. If we're losing I'd much rather Walcott came on than Darrent Bent. Bent never creates things for himself, he might put a half chance away should it fall to him but so should the majority of our strikers. Walcott does have that ability to do something unexepected, something that will suprise the opposition. Admittedly, Defoe does this from time to time as well but having never been a fan of is I wouldn't be too keen on him going either.

I thought he had scored in the championship.

One in each of his first three games.

Also he scored a brace in his first two arsenal reserve games.

And he is faster than Owen was when he was 17, and we know what an impact he made.

At least they've proven they can perform at a level.

I would agree it was a worthy pick if there were 2 circumstances:

1. He'd actually scored goals in the Championship, at least

2. He was the 5th striker, not the 4th with one half-crocked and one all-crocked.

Rooney will not be dropped from the squad if he has any chance of playing in the later rounds.

406690[/snapback]

Sven has said that Joe Cole will be used as a second striker if need be. So Walcott could well be 5th choice.

Back to Walcott for a minute...the more I talk about him with people, the more I talk about it with people the more it makes sense. If we're losing I'd much rather Walcott came on than Darrent Bent. Bent never creates things for himself, he might put a half chance away should it fall to him but so should the majority of our strikers. Walcott does have that ability to do something unexepected, something that will suprise the opposition. Admittedly, Defoe does this from time to time as well but having never been a fan of is I wouldn't be too keen on him going either.

Unadulterated sense. Well done.

Edited by rover6

Michael ###### Owen will ###### play with Crouch you ######.  He's in ###### training already, he'll be so ###### ready for the first game.

Owen Hargreaves will ###### play because he's a ###### good player.  He's been one of Bayern ###### Munich's best players this season, he's been ###### for England in the past but in the holding midfield role he's been ###### hot this season and got ###### loads of man of the match awards.  I'd be a happy ###### if he started in central midfield with Lampard and had Gerrard further up the ###### pitch supporting Owen.

406736[/snapback]

#### off wink.gif

hes never been good in and england shirt and there are much better midfielders than this one, playing at munich or not.

Sven has said that Joe Cole will be used as a second striker if need be. So Walcott could well be 5th choice.

[

Unadulterated sense. Well done.

406757[/snapback]

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA withstupid.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! SURLEY NOT THE SAME THING PLAYING PLAYERS OUT OF POSITION.....WOWOWOWOWOW ,MMMMM I REMEMEBER AN OBSESSION WITH SLAGGING SOUNNESS OFF FOR THE SAME BUT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO MAKE YOURSELF LIKE THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE NON ATTENDING FOOTY PERSON IN THE WORLD YOU BEG TO DIFFER WITH WHAT SOUNESS DID... withstupid.giflaugh.gif

NEVER ENJOYED OR LAUGHED AS MUCH IN WEEFS ROVER6 EVERY CREDIT TO YOU!!!!!!

Firstly, Abbey, I thought you had located the capslock key.

Secondly, Joe Cole playing as a second striker is veritably sensible in comparison to Souey's demented ploy of playing silky skilled Scotsman, Dom Matteo, on the left wing.

Cole has all the attributes to play as a second striker. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, when he broke through at West Ham, that was his favoured position because he has skill but not bags of pace. Mourinho has got good performances out of him as a winger - but who's to say Cole's not capable of playing through the middle, especially as his shooting has improved dramatically.

Playing a footballer out of position is not prima facie insanity. Benitez has used Gerrard effectively as a second striker this season. Alex Ferguson has revived Giggs' career by moving him in field. Our very own Lucas Neill has put in at least two admirable performances at centre back this year - although that position is not completely new to him.

Edited by rover6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.