BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really see why we should sign Upson, we already have a lot of central defenders. If we're in for a left back, sign a left back - not a central defender who has played there on a few occasions.

we're not adequately covered at centre back (shown up by the fact that- zurab is suspended for sunday, with henchoz being his likely replacement).

todd and matteo will be leaving in jan, so they'll be space for upson.

Fair enough, but we're not £4m short. I'd rather keep Todd around as backup than spend £4m on a third good defender. (pre-Ooijer I would've agreed though, Upson is a good player)

edit: Sorry, fourth good defender - Zura's more than good enough!

Edited by herbergeehh

Commons is a class act. Way to good for that division! Is he a Forest fan or was that a dream?

He started his career off with Stoke before moving to Forest about 2 seasons ago for £300,000.

Born in Notingham he probably is a fan of them. I have watched him closely since last season as I had a bet on them and is an essential player for them. Both Commons and Clinghan will get a move out of Division 1 either if they get promotd but certainly a few big clubs will make a move for them.

Over to you Rover6!! ;)

Is he another fan of him??

Going by our past disagreements I think Rover6 will not be with me on this one!! :lol:

Anyone out of the three possible midfielders I would love to see join Rovers are

Kris Commons

Sammy Clinghan

David Dunn.

Forget about any defenders on that note and also please forgive me about suggesting a move for Forrsell in the summer!

:blink:

Im at uni in notts so go watching notts forest quite a bit. Trust me, we do not want kris commons! Yeh he scores goals and has a great left foot but he is a poor mans pedersen. He's slow, lazy, doesn't track back etc. He stands out in league 1 because he's playing against relatively average players. He wouldnt cut it in the premiership. Some games you wouldnt no he was on the pitch. Bad enough having one pedersen in rovers team!!!

Id love to see Dunny back at ewood. Theres no doubting it would be a massive gamble due to his injury problems. But its a gamble worth taking. He's a proven premiership player and was one of the best players ive seen playing for rovers. Add the local lad/increased crowd factors and we should put in a realistic bid for him.

Edited by david brent

Im at uni in notts so go watching notts forest quite a bit. Trust me, we do not want kris commons! Yeh he scores goals and has a great left foot but he is a poor mans pedersen. He's slow, lazy, doesn't track back etc. He stands out in league 1 because he's playing against relatively average players. He wouldnt cut it in the premiership. Some games you wouldnt no he was on the pitch. Bad enough having one pedersen in rovers team!!!

I've watched a fair few games of Forest and believe that both Commons and Clinghan are a pivotal part of Nottm Forest. Fair enough they are playing against average players, but these lads are fit to step higher. Clighan is a really strong player and does everything simple. On the International front he has shown this against Romania, Spain, Finland and also against Demark. He doesn't get over-awed by the step-up and would be more than capable of playing in the Premiership.

When you look at Common's I feel its the fact that the Division 1 is a slow league and this style is part of many teams. I feel that you are too harsh on the lad. He's only turned 23 a few months ago and has a good attitude to his game. At the age of 23 and when he moves to a bigger club, playing with quality players, then you will see this man break into his own.

Id love to see Dunny back at ewood. Theres no doubting it would be a massive gamble due to his injury problems. But its a gamble worth taking. He's a proven premiership player and was one of the best players ive seen playing for rovers. Add the local lad/increased crowd factors and we should put in a realistic bid for him.

90% of everyone here echo this view and we'll soon see in January.

I've watched a fair few games of Forest and believe that both Commons and Clinghan are a pivotal part of Nottm Forest. Fair enough they are playing against average players, but these lads are fit to step higher. Clighan is a really strong player and does everything simple. On the International front he has shown this against Romania, Spain, Finland and also against Demark. He doesn't get over-awed by the step-up and would be more than capable of playing in the Premiership.

When you look at Common's I feel its the fact that the Division 1 is a slow league and this style is part of many teams. I feel that you are too harsh on the lad. He's only turned 23 a few months ago and has a good attitude to his game. At the age of 23 and when he moves to a bigger club, playing with quality players, then you will see this man break into his own.

90% of everyone here echo this view and we'll soon see in January.

Cant really argue with most of what you say. Still feels commons lacks the pace required to be a quality player at the top level. And like pedersen he will quickly get found out. There again, playing with better players around him, who knows?

Edited by david brent

Fair enough, but we're not £4m short. I'd rather keep Todd around as backup than spend £4m on a third good defender. edit: Sorry, fourth good defender - Zura's more than good enough!

we're in agreement. if it was up to me todd would stay, and play a prominant role. not gonna happen, though

Guest Kamy100

LET today morning is running a story that dunn could be available for as little as £1 Million and that Rovers amongst other clubs will be going for him in January.

LET today morning is running a story that dunn could be available for as little as £1 Million and that Rovers amongst other clubs will be going for him in January.

If Birmingham have any say in the matter, they will be reluctant to sell to us, especially after turning down £2,000,000 on the last day of the Summer transfer deadline.

If Birmingham have any say in the matter, they will be reluctant to sell to us, especially after turning down £2,000,000 on the last day of the Summer transfer deadline.

Brum haven't really got much choice in the matter. His contract runs out in June and he's one of their biggest earners. I think the deal would be under £1 million-especially given the risk for any club signing him.

He wont fetch more than 500k with 6 months on his contract left, brum will have to let him go at a ridiculous loss and he wil only move to one place, his beloved Rovers.

Dunny may find himself in the next few weeks or so getting fitter and fitter with a point of putting him firmly in Rovers sights however I dont see him moving until right up to the end of January as brum become desperate for cash for him.

500k on him is not a waste of money, its one place in the Premiership and I dont see it as a gamble, twinning him with Tugay may prove very valuable for Rovers.

Come home son and bring Bellamy and your good mate Duffer with you :brfc:

He started his career off with Stoke before moving to Forest about 2 seasons ago for £300,000.

Born in Notingham he probably is a fan of them. I have watched him closely since last season as I had a bet on them and is an essential player for them. Both Commons and Clinghan will get a move out of Division 1 either if they get promotd but certainly a few big clubs will make a move for them.

Is he another fan of him??

Going by our past disagreements I think Rover6 will not be with me on this one!! :lol:

Yeah, I like Commons but I have to agree with the criticisms of him being slow and injury prone. I think he can play at a higher level. Also, I reckon Andy Reid (a similar winger - well at least in skill and speed) will be a top signing for Charlton.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.