BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

I think the time could be right for Dunn to return but clearly his fitness is a real worry. If his desire isn't there then he's in real trouble because he lost his home town club once, he should be motivated enough not to make the same mistake again.

It should be pointed out though that he's not had a decent run of good games since our promotion season many moons ago.

Pay as you play and a very attractive transfer fee to boot.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He went off injured again today....

Has played 8 games, 3 as substitute, this season, totalling 743 minutes of a possible 1170- or alternatively 63%.

Not too bad but still a major risk.

63% still isn't good enough for a player that we'd sign with a view to being a player in our starting line up, even if he plays 7/10 games we still have to find a player who can start 30% of our games, which means we'd have to sign another good player, meaning this transfer would be pointless.

I thought he had a calf injury now, not the hamstring?

63% still isn't good enough for a player that we'd sign with a view to being a player in our starting line up, even if he plays 7/10 games we still have to find a player who can start 30% of our games, which means we'd have to sign another good player, meaning this transfer would be pointless.

Yes, but we're losing Savage for a game now, and will no doubt be losing him for 2 more soon, so why is that any different?

Because savage doesn't have a history of missing 40% (or more) of games over the course of a season, Dunn does. Every player will miss a game or two now and then, but missing 40% of a season is a lot, the saddest fact is that he's played in 63% and it is an improvement.

What if Blackburn were to sign a player tomorrow who wasn't from Blackburn, but had shown some promise at a young age before being sold a few seasons ago and subsequently struggled to get onto the pitch. We'd all be up in arms, why should we sign him simply because he's a Blackburn fan and he still attends games? He's a talented player, but he's not fit enough and he gets too many injuries.

What if Blackburn were to sign a player tomorrow who wasn't from Blackburn, but had shown some promise at a young age before being sold a few seasons ago and subsequently struggled to get onto the pitch. We'd all be up in arms

Francis Jeffers... come on down!!

What if Blackburn were to sign a player tomorrow who wasn't from Blackburn, but had shown some promise at a young age before being sold a few seasons ago and subsequently struggled to get onto the pitch. We'd all be up in arms,

Craig Bellamy anyone?

Edited by Cheshireblue

• 3 weeks later...

Mirror reporting that Brum are selling Upson and Dunn in January.

Both have had bad injuries (well Dunn just keeps getting them)

I wouldnt like to be the team that gambles on them and Brum (thinking they are better than they are) will want 4m + for each of them.

No thanks

I wouldnt like to be the team that gambles on them and Brum (thinking they are better than they are) will want 4m + for each of them.

There is no-one who would pay 4m for Dunn. An injury prone player with 6 months of his contract left. I'd personally not like to see us pay more than 1.5m, but or relationship with Big Club probably means they'll try and screw us for at least 2m. I think it's a gamble worth taking - Prodigal son and all that - bring a few fans back IMO.

There is no-one who would pay 4m for Dunn. An injury prone player with 6 months of his contract left. I'd personally not like to see us pay more than 1.5m, but or relationship with Big Club probably means they'll try and screw us for at least 2m. I think it's a gamble worth taking - Prodigal son and all that - bring a few fans back IMO.

I know there is no team that would pay that but my point is that I doubt big club do. I totally agree that if we were to go in then they would try to screw us over. If these two players could stay fit (without an injury) then I would take them both however, I dont think they can (Dunny mainley) so I would stay well clear

I know there is no team that would pay that but my point is that I doubt big club do. I totally agree that if we were to go in then they would try to screw us over. If these two players could stay fit (without an injury) then I would take them both however, I dont think they can (Dunny mainley) so I would stay well clear

Is Reidy not due back early next year anyway? With Sav, Reid, Toogs and Dunny - sure we could patch up at least two players to put out every week.

after reading the little snippett on the beeb website, the anticipation is growing that dunny might just be coming home. there is no doubt in my mind that he is an extremely talented footballer, but the potential is still there to be realised. as phil said, if he does come back then hopefully his health can be managed properly, much in the same way that we did with bellars and look what he did when we got him fully fit!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.