BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this article not strike someone as complete and utter amatuer rubbish?

I've read better things on this site, which were done for free and for fun.  Someone actually got paid to write that? Pish.

388195[/snapback]

Certainly strikes me as a bit conversational. I thought the guy who writes Rovers for the LET posts on here?

Certainly strikes me as a bit conversational. I thought the guy who writes Rovers for the LET posts on here?

388199[/snapback]

That's LD Rover who posts on here. He does a fans perspective piece every Tuesday in the LET - and long may he continue. Andy Nield is the official Rovers 6 days a week LET reporter - I'm pretty sure he doesn't post on here.

The article posted by Philip is a piece attributed to Simon Garner who also has a weekly column. Whether he actually writes it or not is anyone's guess.

Online, the article had no attribution when it first appeared.

LDRover consistently produces excellent articles well-thought through, well-written. Andy Nield is a weak link and there is no sense of Rovers being "our club" at LET in the way you get that sense of belongong with other local press for their club.

That doesn't mean blanket loyalty is asked for but Peter White wrote like a Rover and called it as it was. Nield could be describing a small earthquake in Chile for all the sense of place or belonging he brings to his reports.

Back on topic, stylistically this piece is different and not written the way Garns' articles usually appear. Who knows what the real authorship but I've noticed in the past a similarity in writing style between Keeley and Garner (and perhaps?), the Roverall View.

However, it is no secret that Garner remains well in touch with the football world (isn't he working as Deputy to Gorman at Wycombe now) so could this be a tacit come and get me from Dunn?

Meanwhilst the Brum fans are getting wound up that a fully fit Dunn is their only possible route to survival salvation.

Will the Baggies pull off a miracle against a Barca-obsessed Chelski at lunch time??? Very unlikely.

Online, the article had no attribution when it first appeared.

However, it is no secret that Garner remains well in touch with the football world (isn't he working as Deputy to Gorman at Wycombe now) so could this be a tacit come and get me from Dunn?

388220[/snapback]

It still doesn't, or at least I can't see it, I only knew it was SG's column 'cause I'd read it in the rag which for some reason I still get delivered every night. So anyone reading on line would have no idea who's name was against it.

I'm sure I read that Garns is at Wycombe as Striker coach.

It still doesn't, or at least I can't see it, I only knew it was SG's column 'cause I'd read it in the rag which for some reason I still get delivered every night. So anyone reading on line would have no idea who's name was against it.

I'm sure I read that Garns is at Wycombe as Striker coach.

388255[/snapback]

Gorman could always send Simon on for a cameo appearance, I certainly wouldn't bet against him scoring. An added benefit of having Simon around again will be the increased sales of beer and ciggies.

Dunny went off injured AGAIN after lasting just an hour.

Too injury proned for my liking to consider a return to Ewood.

388334[/snapback]

Apparently he wasn't injured, from bbc:

But manager Steve Bruce's decision to withdrew his most effective attacking player Dunn just before the hour did not help the visitors' cause.

After Dunn's departure, Birmingham lost much of their invention and as they increasingly ran out of ideas the visitors were reduced to speculative shots.

It was a surprise when Bruce replaced Dunn just before the hour, sending on striker DJ Campbell, with the former Brentford forward making little impact.

I have rooted around on a few brum message boards- he dfinately wasn't injured, merely taken off to put on a striker and to protect him from injury.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Dunn back to Rovers ...why are people living in the past? a big NO, NO, i say.

After watching todays game v Spurs, Rovers need someone to compliment Bellamy in attack another quality centre half and a good left back.

After Zurabs disgraceful behaviour for his country midweek, Rovers dont need that from someone within their ranks.

Dunn back to Rovers ...why are people living in the past?    a big NO, NO, i say.

After watching todays game v Spurs, Rovers need someone to compliment Bellamy in attack another quality centre half and a good left back.

After Zurabs disgraceful behaviour for his country midweek, Rovers dont need that from someone within their ranks.

388679[/snapback]

What did Zurab do?

1) Dunn despite only playing 55 minutes before being tactically replaced by Einstein Bruce made it into BBC's team of the week.

2) Zura made a regulation last man professional foul for Georgia and got sent off after a massive horlicks by the Georgian midfield in front of him by all accounts (they lost 5-1 to Moldova!). Another Georgian was dismissed for spitting at the Moldova bench. JAL must have got them confused.

1) Dunn despite only playing 55 minutes before being tactically replaced by Einstein Bruce made it into BBC's team of the week.

2) Zura made a regulation last man professional foul for Georgia and got sent off after a massive horlicks by the Georgian midfield in front of him by all accounts (they lost 5-1 to Moldova!). Another Georgian was dismissed for spitting at the Moldova bench. JAL must have got them confused.

388703[/snapback]

The report i read stated that it was Zurab who spat at the Moldova bench after being sent off my apologies if thats not the case.

In the back of my mind i just wonder if Zurab is another Gresko, played outstandingly well at the beginning but once he got his contract, he then relaxed and the performances dipped alarmingly.

Also cant say i'm a big Andy Todd fan, his probabilities of having a good game must be something like two error free games in three not bad but hes not the fastest, not the tallest and certainly not the best passer of a ball over thirty yards but he does do..... a decent job for Rovers.

Having said that Ledley King was at fault big time for Rovers second goal at Spurs and hes supposed to be good.

Also cant say i'm a big Andy Todd fan, his probabilities of having a good game must be something like two error free games in three not bad but hes not the fastest, not the tallest and certainly not the best passer of a ball over thirty yards but he does do..... a decent job for Rovers.

388757[/snapback]

Are you kidding? I think Todd has been outstanding recently. Can't fault him! His performance against Arsenal the other week was as good an individual defensive performance a Rovers player has put in in a long time!

Are you kidding? I think Todd has been outstanding recently. Can't fault him! His performance against Arsenal the other week was as good an individual defensive performance a Rovers player has put in in a long time!

388759[/snapback]

Against Arsenal you have to look at the whole picture in that Thierry Henry just wanted an easy easy afternoon without having to try to much, their midfield was or is of a poorer standard than in previous seasons and with Henry aided with a young not so good partner upfront in Adebeyor our defence should have been good ...and it was. That day was one of the best opportunities we've probably had in recentl times to face an Arsenal side.

If Van persie had played how good a game would Todd have had.... because Van Persie has done Todd in every game they've ever played agianst each other.

Todds just allowed himself to be sold for Spurs first goal regardless of whose throw it was, if he could pop up at the other end with the odd few goals each season from MGP or Savs free kicks/corners then i'd be happy but he doesnt do it enough for me.

'fraid not.

Nothing against him personally, if I were in his position I would probably lead the same unprofessional lifestyle, if not worse. Id be a real #### with it aswell.

I just dont want him for the reasons I have stated. Its real life not Football Manager. All he would be is a huge cash drain on our already tight resources.

If that makes me look to have an agenda in some way the so be it.

388120[/snapback]

I think that was aimed at Jan, not you.

I saw an article this morning - Bruce has come out and said that DD can be the difference between them staying up and going down... The same article also stated that he has only started 35 games since he joined Birmingham in 2003 - That's approx. just 12 games a season!

I'd love a fit David Dunn back at Rovers but I dont think it will happen simply because there is no such thing as a fit David Dunn!!! :s

I saw an article this morning - Bruce has come out and said that DD can be the difference between them staying up and going down... The same article also stated that he has only started 35 games since he joined Birmingham in 2003 - That's approx. just 12 games a season!

I'd love a fit David Dunn back at Rovers but I dont think it will happen simply because there is no such thing as a fit David Dunn!!! :s

389179[/snapback]

talk about putting pressure on a player.

great managerial skills laugh.gif

i thought there was 11 players in a team.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.