BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 Middlesbrough 2

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody likes us but we don't care! What character by the players, by sparky. To go 3-4-2 after going a man down, when we could have sat back to try seeing out a 2-2 draw, speaks volumes about the team and our manager. To pull it off and come away with the points, is just the stuff of dreams. And beller's first goal was top top class, how many times have we seen henry do that! Fantastic performance, what bottle. Keep the faith lads, times are good.

ps: only downer was savage's sending off, but i'm in euphoria now so i shan't comment on that.

Brillant!! What a performance from the lads.. although Savage sending off is abit harsh by the sound of it. How many match will he sit out?

Bellamy had done it for us again. He is simply few class above all the rest. thumbs-up.gif

Lets hope he stay fit and Europe is near.. very near. rover.gif

Brillant!! What a performance from the lads.. although Savage sending off is abit harsh by the sound of it. How many match will he sit out?

391620[/snapback]

As it was for two yellows it'll be just for one game.

Magnificent result!!.....we are simply playing some of the most entertaining football in years,this Rovers team has the heart of a lion. rover.gif

Graig Bellamy,what is there more to say about this little gem of a footballer.

We can barely scrape 18K Rovers fans to watch this great team...I personally feel so frustrated and sorry for the team,manager and Rovers board.

I simply dont know what the answer is anymore. sad.gif

We can barely scrape 18K Rovers fans to watch this great team...I personally feel so frustrated and sorry for the team,manager and Rovers board.

I simply dont know what the answer is anymore. sad.gif

391623[/snapback]

How can the gate be accurate ?? the electronic card scanning system packed up at 2.45 at both ends of the Riverside and the stewards opened the emergency gates and let everyone pile in.

Fabulous performance of great heart from the lads. Superb!

The people who aren't coming to the games that could are really missing out, IMHO. A top class football team is back at Ewood Park.

It seems the better we get, the worse the crowd becomes. How many Boro fans there today? More to the point, how many folk watching live feeds in local hostelries?

Bellamy is a magician- that guy got us all three points today (McLaren was scared stiff- three centre halves against one forward for 25 minutes of XI against X?)

Is there a bit of an anomaly/silver lining to Sav's unjust sending off?

On one booking Sav was up for a two match ban (ten bookings). When he walked he got a one match ban for two yellows and is back to nine yellows.

Or is there a rule I don't know about?

Just back from the match.

First up - why is everyone surprised by the gate? We always dip a couple of thousand when there are 2 consecutive home games - anyone who goes knows that.

First half was good - Bellamy's goal was a cracker. Defence went to sleep for about 5 minutes during which Boro scored and Brad made his only real save of the half. Got it back together when Pedersen scored direct from a free-kick wide on the right as we attacked the Boro goal in the Darwen End.

It must have been my fault - at half-time I said to the missus - can't remember the last time I've seen a half of football without a booking. Oh dear.

Second half started with a Boro attack and Yakubo appealing for a penalty. Ref then lost the plot entirely. Booked Sav for a challenge in which from the BBE he clearly seemed to have won the ball. A few minutes later and Sav was off. I still cannot understand why. From that point onwards the ref basically dug himself into a hole and decided the best way out was to keep digging - yellow cards here, there and everywhere.

Feared the worst when Boro equalised but what can you say about Bellers? We always have a chance with him on the pitch. What a brilliant goal, cutting in from the right towards the BBE, hit a screamer into the far corner.

From that point on I actually felt reasonably comfortable. Great game apart from the ref.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.