BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 Middlesbrough 2

Dead Leg apparently, can't say i am to disappointed, he hasn't been fantastic recently.

391576[/snapback]

So many people dislike Todd for some reason. I guess it's in the make up of many that they need favourites to praise and favourites to hate. Anyway I prefer him to Zurab when partnering Nelsen. Zurab is a good player but lacks Todds concentration and has an annoying habit of 'doing a Dailly' once a game...... imho.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree. I think Todd and Nelsen play much better together. Zurab is a good player and one we should definately sign, because of the options that he can give us in defence and he has shown that he can cope with the Premiership. Sometimes he can switch off for a second and that's all it takes for a goal to be scored. I'm not worried when I see his name on the team sheet, like I would be if I saw Amoruso or Matteo. Still, I prefer Todd, plus he's our captain.

Zurab is not premiership standard on his performance yesterday. We really missed Todd.

Our defence as a whole is still prone to being split open and exposing Brad, that is why his positioning is off, he has to make up for and/or predict just what the defence are trying to do!

We need two top draw defenders and one striker, then next season should be a lot more comfortable. And if you disagree...The fact that Ewood get so quiet and nervy kind of backs be up!

Edited by Rovers Air Force

Have you said anything positive recently Rev, or are you 'on't blob'

Christ.

391545[/snapback]

Just sick to death of people who don't go criticising other people for not going.

I personally don't judge people who won't cross Nuttall St. to watch us but people in glass houses etc............

391551[/snapback]

Let me guess.

Your mate's Gordon

(and you're trying to be as provoactive as him),you're on the fans forum, you have several bad hair days and you like the sound of your own voice

391552[/snapback]

Says he always criticising Blackburn and who ran away to the glorious environs of Merseyside.

391553[/snapback]

Look who pops up.

The original agent provocateur.

391556[/snapback]

I've just looked at my list of games I've been to. Between leaving Blackburn and getting a base in Malta.

I averaged 21 English games a season

I averaged travelling 150 miles a game

...and did that for 28 seasons

Which works out as travelling 88,000 miles watching domestic football.

Just sick to death of people who live close to Ewood criticising other people for.... (I presume that you are going for a drink before the game- easy relaxed preamble to the game and you are still able to post 99 minutes before kick off)

391563[/snapback]

Wow! Theres a few barbs in there ....methinks they do protest too much!

Well for what it's worth imo.......

1. Lee bangs on about low attendances stiffing our chances of signing top players in the close season on the official site. Fine.......but it's not that is it Lee? The problem is income. Income is linked to attendance but not joined at the hip. Rovers need money first and support second. What about you exiles getting together and being regular sponsors of kit / match balls / kids for a quid etc? You might not make much difference........ or you might make a lot BUT surely you'll feel better. Or am I being naive? huh.gif

2. Whatever you all say I know that Rev works all kinds of unsociable hours in order to chuck about £500 (after tax!) the way of Blackburn Rovers every single season! What do you lot contribute in financial terms? Let me guess at Sweet FA!....... apart from maybe the token purchase of a Rovers shirt for the latest family addition. tinykit.gif . Judging by your number of posts you all make you must get something from being a member of the Rovers supporters (albeit passive), you appear to watch most matches too so why you can you be so selfish to leave financing it all to the likes of us lot over here? When Rovers inevitably succumb to the forces of gravity it wont be your fault will it? You didn't go anyway! It's the fault of those other selfish gits who actually live in Blackburn and who have given over going!

3. 21 English games a season Philip? How is that different to 21 games attended at Ewood Park? Cos thats all that matters to the accountant and bank manager.

I knew a lad in the late 70's who couldn't attend a home match (first in years that he missed) because of his sisters wedding. Despite not earning much money he sent the club a cheque for his admission money! How committed is that? That one lads worth more to BRFC that all the stay aways and exiles on the sodding planet. And that is indisputable.

Just like the thousands who thanks to illegal reception of foreign TV channels now watch the game through the bottom of a glass your support in body or spirit is as useful and transparent to BRFC as those empty beer glasses. Unless you choose to offer financial support in some way the club may as well be without you. You make no difference.

Remember support does not just mean jumping up and down and singing in the Blackburn End with your mates, it runs much deeper. When this site asked for donations I sent a cheque for £25 (accepted that was ages ago and nobody seems to ask anymore unsure.gif ). The point is that if you want to feel a part of something then support it financially or one day it wont be there. Simple as.

rover.gif i suggested many moons ago that exiled roverites could buy a number off season tickets too be distributed among the not so privliged only to be lambasted,when i finally leave these shores maybe i will feel differentley,as i will be asking for bed and board at my internet chums smile.giftinykit.gif

Actually, got my numbers wrong- that average is 150 miles one way, so 300 miles round trip and well over 170,000 miles in total. Given I lived 210 miles from Ewood, you can see the high proportion that were home games.

As for sponsoring match balls, buying season tickets etc., done all that many times.

So many people dislike Todd for some reason.

391784[/snapback]

I don't dislike todd, i agree that for the last couple of seasons ago he has been one of our best players, but he seems to have hit a rough patch recently. Bad placement and some awful judgement calls.

The first time i noticed it was the Manyoo ewood win, with the ball that he should have belted in row Z.

did anyone else see the linesman snub bellamy at the final whistle. bellers went and offered him a handshake and he just brushed him away. i've got used to petulant players but officials!

a great performance from us but could not understand boro's attitude at times trailing 3-2 and leaving three men at the back to mark bellers despite having the extra man.

the one positive from savage's sending off is that parts of the media are now portraying as hard done too on a regular basis, a far cry from last season.

did anyone else see the linesman snub bellamy at the final whistle. bellers went and offered him a handshake and he just brushed him away. i've got used to petulant players but officials!

a great performance from us but could not understand boro's attitude at times trailing 3-2 and leaving three men at the back to mark bellers despite having the extra man.

the one positive from savage's sending off is that parts of the media are now portraying as hard done too on a regular basis, a far cry from last season.

391805[/snapback]

I didn't really see what went on at the end but it seemed a bit heated. I think at the end Bellamy didn't get a decision from the linesman about a goalkick or something similar. Bellamy obviously said something and the linesman actually walked towards him looking furious before going back to his line. I'd prefer that to him waving his flag and getting Bellamy booked though.

BTW good post drog.

Edited by bellamy11

Crap post drog. Now I never have a go at anyone for not going, nor do I pay much attention to the attendance, it isn't really one of my major issues, but having a go at fans in other countries just isn't fair.

It is true that you give more money to the club than I do every season, that is probably true of every foreign supporter, but that doesn't make us any less of a supporter. Why don't we chip in and buy a season ticket? Well I have considered it, but then, to spend several hundred pounds for a product I may only use once or twice just really isn't possible for me as a student. If I lived in the area I could at least justify it by saying that it was an outing every other Saturday and so made some sense, from here, I can't.

I think many of you don't realise how difficult it is to support the club and be so far away from it. It is very strange to be the only Blackburn supporter where you live, most people don't even know we exist and a trip to a game is at least a day's activity if not a weekend, or in some of the cases, almost a week trip.

If we mean nothing, then would you like to cover me for the next 60 seasons and send an extra 100 pounds to the club every season, it isn't much but I'm sure you'd feel great about it as you'd be so much more of a supporter than me. You can also cover whatever everyone else contributes, we are useless after all and you'll probably be glad to see the back of us.

remember that our attendences are down so much that any rise in the league table is taking away our spending power."

391750[/snapback]

What a load of cobblers from the club. By my calculation, a decline of 3,000 fans over 19 games at the club's stated income level of 13 quid a seat works out to the massive sum of 741k. If we were to finish 5th, that would be a rise of 10 places at 500k a place - 5 million.

Attendance income comes a poor third behind Sky and commercial incomes, so for the club to state that it drives our purchasing power in the market is simply misleading. Fans won't come out of fear, especially when it is so transparently ungrounded.

Good performance, three points, that will do.

As for attendances, go on about it all you want. I'm sick of hearing the same stuff, if people want to go they will.

We're playing good football and getting results, if people don't want to go you can't force them.

Truth is eddie how would anybody at the club notice you (collectively) had gone? huh.gif

391819[/snapback]

I'm sure that the number of kits we buy and the odd games we attend are much welcomed by the club. I also try to make as many of my friends who don't support a club in England Blackburn fans, so far that has probably created 3 or 4 new Blackburn fans. Of course they don't go to games either, but they have bought kits and have gone to games so it all helps.

We aren't a club in any position to turn away a single pound really, so I'm sure it isn't something they would like to get rid of. I consider myself a die hard blackburn supporter, anyone who knows me would say the same, my inability to make it to every home match doesn't change that.

The Guardian:

The visiting team found an unlikely second-half ally in referee Chris Foy, who showed Robbie Savage a second yellow card in the 54th minute for the most innocuous-looking of hand-balls. Quite how the he was expected to get out of the way of Yakubu Aiyegbeni's powerfully struck pass only Foy will know.

Football365

There can be no doubt, though, Savage was harshly done by - even if there are those who would claim he has occasionally managed to get away with murder in the past.

BBC:

Having collected his first yellow for a foul on George Boateng on 52 minutes, Savage was then penalised for hand-ball two minutes later by referee Chris Foy - even though the ball was drilled at him from close-range.

Not just those of us with Blue & White specs, even Lawro on MOTD said it was a harsh decision.

I must be the only person who thought that Robbie deliberately put his hand out to stop the ball!! It was subtle but I am wondering if he knew that a red card would bring less retribution than a yellow??

As for the game, Bellamy has become a hero in a short space of time and the reaction after the third goal was tremendous not just from from the crowd but his teammates too. He was very emotional and with wearing a black arm band would suggest a personal loss which his goals helped him to get over.

I started a topic at the beginning of the 2005 season about possible problems with the turnstile system. No problem until yesterday. The stewards were asked about a contingency plan to which they replied that they didnt have one! old men were told to climb over the turnstiles and only after some heated exchanges were the fans allowed in via the disabled gate at the side of the Riverside and Blackburn Ends. No way could an accurate assessment of the crowd be made and since their cards were not swiped at the turnstile are now entitled, I believe, to free admission at the next Category B game.

Many people are wondering where the fans have gone. It is still difficult to get a ticket if you have not got a history of going to a game. The casual spectator is possibly a thing of the past.

Great result. Bellamy is a class above.

Gripes:-

Terrible reffing lost it with the Savage incident and after that.

Why has no-one from the club said sorry to all of us who missed the kick-off? Not the biggest issue in the world but these little blips all detract from the match day experience - like missing the KO for example.

As for attacking the abroadie's - pointless. We will always have fans abroad.

What was Lucas Neill doing with that throw in ? Commandment 1 of the throw in bible says " Thou shalt not throw the ball to a player level with your own penalty box."

Commandment 2 of the throw in bible says " Thou shalt not throw the ball to your centre half at anytime, anywhere."

He broke two commandments with one throw.

Many people are wondering where the fans have gone. It is still difficult to get a ticket if you have not got a history of going to a game. The casual spectator is possibly a thing of the past.

391826[/snapback]

This is a myth and has not been the case for years. The database history is used for the Liverpool and the Manchester United home games to ensure minimum infiltration in home areas. Existing supporters should make potential supporters aware that they can buy tickets for any home game.subject to availability wink.gif

Remember you can also book ON LINE

I must be the only person who thought that Robbie deliberately put his hand out to stop the ball!!

391826[/snapback]

Yes, he did move his arm towards the ball. What I want to know though, is should every hand ball during a game be punished by a yellow card?

Simple yes or no will do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.