Terry

Gerrard

Hargreaves

Lennon

Downing

Rooney

Johnson

Nugent is on the bench

This is impossible and goes against the forward thinking of our glorious leader! Nobody is playing out of position!

England team to face Andorra

Robinson

Richards

Cole

Ferdinand

Terry

Gerrard

Hargreaves

Lennon

Downing

Rooney

Johnson

Nugent is on the bench

That line up should have played last weekend against Israel. I forecast a big win albeit against tripe. Will Lampard be dropped because of it? No chance.

We could do a lot worse than Davies

Davies would be a disaster for England.

Bolton used to base their ENTIRE game around lumping it to Davies and feeding off the scraps...even then, in a team that orientated entirely around him, he struggled to get 10 a season. I'm not doubting he was effective for Bolton before Anelka arrived, but for him to do that with England we'd have to adopt the same tactics. What then would be the point of having Gerrard/Lennon etc in midfield when their primary job would be trying to pick up scraps and flick-ons from Davies?

I don't deny would could do with a physical presence up front, but quality has to be the priority over sheer size and weight.

trueblue, i disagree with your notion that downing is useless. as bazza said in an earlier post, it is about tactics and desire. for me it is totally tactics and mclaren has no ###### clue. downing wide left, with lennon wide right, then half way through the first half this morning lennon comes over, and downing goes central, i mean come on....for (Please don't use that word again) sake, what is that all about. secondly, hargreaves and gerrard....when our cenre halfs have the ball and are looking for somebody to lay it off to....both gerrard and hargreaves are sitting there infront of the back four. rooney (get him the (Please don't use that word again) out of the england side) and johnson are totally still with no movement down the channels at all.

the sooner we get somebody to manage our country whom appears to have tactical nouse, and at least looks like he is trying to pick the opposition aprt...the better, cause at the moment we are totally void of everything.

hoping for a goal in the 2nd half, cause 1 will win it for us.

I've just heard the England Manager, captain and vice-captain (total salary for the week c£150,000+) use the following excuses for taking 70 minutes to score against a butcher, baker and candlestick-maker (total salary for the year c£60,000)

- conditions

- confidence

- two banks of 4 behind the ball (erm, you mean just like the premiership <_< )

- diving and rolling around (no hint of irony Steven Gerrard, after that shocking embarrassed-to-be-English penalty dive you tried)

Shocking, and a demonstration of the contempt in which they hold the fans.

Sky commentator actually used the phrase "McClaren has come through it" and despite evidence stretching back years, and the fact that Gerrard clearly played better without Lampard tonight, Ray Wilkins patronised everybody by stating that "football people" knew that Frank and Steve could play well together.

And Rooney looks like he is going to kick a big lump off the next player who gets in his way given the way his temper is going, so I hope the ref on Saturday doesn't bottle it when he does.

So overall, another evening spent shouting at the TV and swearing more than is good for me

And Rooney looks like he is going to kick a big lump off the next player who gets in his way given the way his temper is going, so I hope the ref on Saturday doesn't bottle it when he does.
Oh yes? I just hope you are wrong about that, because the next player who gets in his way is likely to be the Admiral.

Well I was one of the thousands who booed ginger sven off the pitch at half time.

How we can be 0'0 after 45 minutes against that lot is a disgrace. Its time the players and the coaching staff took a good look at themselves. Steve McLaren is not the right man for the job, end of!!

Anyway, off to bed now. feeling fairly wrecked now and have the prospect of 2 days on the lash in Dublin to come. Leave Barca at 10.00 in the morning.

Goodnight all!!!!

Here is Neekoy again spouting off this anti English crap we had this debate about Spain and England at this rate you’ll be telling us that Craig moore is better tan JT and Cahill better than Gerrard , the problem is not talent it is desire and tactics. How are chimbonda and Escude, Silvestre better than wood gate. Silvestre is one of the worst defenders in the prem. Beckham Lennon and cole are also better than Malouda and are at least on par with Ribery.Then you’ve got cisse in front of a raft of better English forwards the guy is abysmal

Coupet, Frey, Landreau - Is this meant to be a joke? Not 1 English goalie is better than any of them are you for real

In a starting XI based on natural ability alone, you would say that Viera, Henry and Ribery would get into a combined XI and possibly Willy sagnol instead of G Neville. Apart from that, you are letting you’re obvious bias against the English rule your decision making and im not even that bothered about the current overpaid, big tome Charlie lot. You cannot doubt the obvious natural talent there though

:wstu:

Such a shame Bazza, where I can look at it openly you would rather make silly claims like Beckham, Lennon and Cole are better players then Malouda. I can't imagine any pundit knowing anything about the game who would agree with you. You need to take your settle down pills because I don't recall including any Australian players at all, all of which mind you I could only imagine Kewell and Cahill in full form getting in to the England squad.

If you think a English goalie is better then them then let's have some names. At least Eddie could name someone who he thought was better.

No one was doubting the talent in the English squad, but at all levels the French players are better technically then the English players.

Unfortunately you are deluded as much as the players when it comes to judging player ability outside of the English Premiership.

jesus that 1st half must have been the most inept performance from ANY sports team ive ever seen.The way Terry and mac dont care about the fans is a joke .As for saying the second half was good ,well result = 3 goals against a poor sunday morning pub team.

A staggeringly inept display last night.

You have Ashley Cole and Aaron Lennon playing out wide, two of the fastest players in the premiership, and between them they took on a man three times all game. Surely a professional sportsman, who is renowned for his pace, can skin a plumber over 10 yards? All you have to do is knock it past him and run.

But no, they stop, play the safe ball back, and it all starts again.

Did Rooney get the ball and run at a player once all night?

We should be able to beat a bunch of part timers using individual skills alone, let alone as a collective team.

Maclaren has simply got to go.

Davies would be a disaster for England.

Bolton used to base their ENTIRE game around lumping it to Davies and feeding off the scraps...even then, in a team that orientated entirely around him, he struggled to get 10 a season. I'm not doubting he was effective for Bolton before Anelka arrived, but for him to do that with England we'd have to adopt the same tactics. What then would be the point of having Gerrard/Lennon etc in midfield when their primary job would be trying to pick up scraps and flick-ons from Davies?

I don't deny would could do with a physical presence up front, but quality has to be the priority over sheer size and weight.

You can't say that he'd be a disaster with conviction. Such a player would at least be an option on the bench. All we've got up front with Crouch out is midgets. To me it's a straight choice between Davies and Crouch for that position in the squad. Replacing Owen with Defoe / Johnson during a match offers nothing different.

BTW Now we've hopefully sidelined Lampard until he gets his arse in gear what the hell does Dyer offer? In the past I've seen occasional flashes from him for Newcastke BUT I have never seen him have a good 90 minute game in his entire career. Has anyone else? He simply has too little to offer the England set up other than a few Geordie bums on seats.

Maclaren is now a dead man walking after that interview. The press will savage him! Musing here..... BUT is it beyond the realms of possibility that Maclaren has been angling for a pay-off in the shortest possible time from day 1? Fantasy? Maybe but it would certainly explain a lot.

we got the 3 points we needed, but the performance was crap, Mclaren should resign, he is not getting the best out of the players and should walk away now.

The FA should be ashamed of themselves for selecting him to be the manager of England, he might be a good number 2 but he's never going to be a good manager

Absolutely disgraceful. To go 45 minutes against a team full of part timers, 3 of them were plumbers ffs! They are a set of overpaid t**** who will never win anything! I hate Ashley Cole more and more every time I see him. Over-rated and got a face on him like he needs a right good hiding.

You can blame McLaren, and I do, for a large proportion of it but the fact the players cannot even pass to each other against a team like that is absolutely shocking and the blame for that cannot be heaped on the manager for that.