BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mclaren

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disaster disaster, end of world is nigh! Get a grip... the media have obviously gotten to you. One bad competitive result and we should sack The Mac!

Very humerous ET but I think you'll find that most of the comments on the thread were not media inspired but rather were made just after his appointment had been announced and certainly before he had even fielded a team.

I did say that you should read it all again..... I trust you will do now.

It wont happen of course but the clowns at the FA should be the first to fall on their sword..... followed closely by Maclaren.

In addition TND , England aside, this can be and has been said about alot of things throughout the game over the past few years to date.

The game is run by a collective group of numpties - and the amount of money flowing throughout the game has only gone to make it worse especially at the top with the 'poison' slowing dripping its way down the levels.

Sorry, have I missed something, have we failed to qualify yet or something? Why don't we wait until after the Croatia game and then we can give a verdict on whether he's a failure or not?

England have a good enough crop of players to be able to qualify without having to take it down to the last game needing other results to go in their favour. I personally think we will make it through but i still think that McClaren should go as he has no idea of what team he wants or how he wants them to play.

Let a proper manager have a go and allow him to go back to building a very inconsistent premiership team.

How come Stuart Pearce is up there on 9's? :blink: Oh I forgot..... he'll be the best 'YES' Man available for hopelessly out of touch Barwick. That bugger really should be 1st out the door. Should we fail to qualify then Maclarens failure is his failure.

TND, from reading your posts I couldn't help but notice we think alike on the FA. I getting a bit worried. :lol:

It's what it's really about though isn't it. Always has been.

:rover: what most pundits have over looked,isreal now has a million russians living there,the game will be virtually a home game for russia,as 20% of the population will be backing russia,we are out off euro08 and i am glad as i was not going :rolleyes::brfc:

Disaster disaster, end of world is nigh! Get a grip... the media have obviously gotten to you. One bad competitive result and we should sack The Mac!

England keep falling at the big hurdles. Simple as!

Sack the lot.

:rover: what most pundits have over looked,isreal now has a million russians living there,the game will be virtually a home game for russia,as 20% of the population will be backing russia,we are out off euro08 and i am glad as i was not going :rolleyes::brfc:

Abromovitch is Russian and Jewish and he will bring his considerable wealth errr sorry 'persuasive powers' to bear on all and sundry connected to the match.

Abromovitch is Russian and Jewish and he will bring his considerable wealth errr sorry 'persuasive powers' to bear on all and sundry connected to the match.

Oh dear! I do hope you're not implying anything illegal there Theno. :rolleyes:

How about Russia winning on the fact that they're better than them? Not that unrealistic....

Russia coach Guus Hiddink has claimed England are a team that panics under pressure and are tactically naive.
It's funny how he never said that after we hammered them 3-0 :rolleyes:

So here is my quote:

BRFCS member Tim Southampton Rover has claimed Russia are a team that were lucky and their coach only got his first win against England after 10,000 previous attempts.
Edited by Tim Southampton Rover

• 1 month later...
I cannot remember ever being as incredulous in my life. Anybody can see that the man is a DEMOTIVATOR with no redeeming talents whatsoever. This is not a safe appointment it is international suicide.

Good Points

1. It'll be sh1t but not for long! Barwick and Maclaren will not see 2 years in their respective posts. But it will almost certainly flerk up Euro 98 first.

2. The FA will not get all that sh1t ever again from press, media and pundits about appointing Englishmen.

3. The fall out will be that FA may well be knocked from their ivory towers and dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Wembley, Ericson and now this! WTF can they ever get right?

Bad Points

1. Maclaren is far worse and less capable of managing and motivating footballers than Graham Taylor ever knew how to be! But he and his family surely do not deserve the unrelenting scorn and criticism that he is now certainly lined up for. It will certainly destroy him as a manager but it could easily destroy him as a person, and his family life too! I always feel sympathy for Turkeys 10 days before Christmas.

2. Gibsons out of a hole. I suspect he must have had some influence here! I suspect Gartside wanted mega compensation whilst Gibson would have waived anything at all. Unless Maclarens teams domestic performance this season improved by next October Gibbo would surely have seen him sacked.

3. Boro have been strengthened, Bolton have not been weakened. Boro will be a greater threat whoever manages them. Bolton will be the same so now we are looking at a tougher fixture list already.

4. The world and his wife will be laughing at our ineptitude.

Word of advice do not go to watch England and do not buy a scrap of merchandise of any sort. The FA have chosen to ignore the fans completely so now it's trime for us to ignore them! What a sad day and a shambles.

Damn! I got one wrong!

Bad Points 3.......Boro are still sh1t! If form is to be believed I guess Southgate is now in line for the England managers job. :rolleyes:

Damn! I got one wrong!

Bad Points 3.......Boro are still sh1t! If form is to be believed I guess Southgate is now in line for the England managers job. :rolleyes:

Everyone bow to the great Gord, for he knoweth all.

Lancashire United anyone ?