BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Away Shirt On Sale On Saturday

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit we were disappointed - I'd hoped to see JR. Sorry Steve, Andy and Dom, I've met you all before (they must have twigged I was coming and that's why they legged it....... :P ) but come on, lads, an hour of your time wouldn't have hurt.

Oh my goodness! Next I'll be coming out of the shower and the last season will all have been a dream..................... :blink:

*Takes SG 194 aside.* It's like this. Sometimes you have to have a different shirt 'cos the other team's colours will make it difficult to tell them apart. Still a Rovers shirt and we'd all love for them to wear blue/white for all matches but not gonna happen. I'd go for red/black halves personally.

Anyway, I just wanted to taunt Son-in-law because his team Leeds have the same sponsor! :P

I dont know why people bother with away shirts,there is only one style of shirt and colour synonymous with Rovers

kind of agree with that, people dont really recognise the away shirt, but the home shirt is easily recognisable as the blackburn shirt anywhere.

I dont know why people bother with away shirts,there is only one style of shirt and colour synonymous with Rovers

Tend to agree. But if we also had an instantly recognisable and permanent halved away strip (in say red and black) it would surely further strengthen the Blackburn Rovers brand.

Save the daft pink, yellow, grey, copper colours for the 3rd strip.

Been saying for years that we should have a halved away kit. In fact, I think we should have 3 kits. Blue & white halves (home), red & white halves (if blue clashes), and red & blue halves (if white clashes).

Whoever picked our recent kits must be either colour blind or Burnley fan.

I completely agree- halves are the Rovers brand.

Not having a halved away strip massively dilutes the visual impact of the Rovers brand.

It is blindingly simply obvious but why are Rovers missing the point?

If you look back at past video compilations of Premiership games, very often I haven't got a clue who the opposition were from their away strips. It will be the same with this years allover cherry strip for Rovers.

Stick with halves home and away so whenever you see Rovers it is instantaneously recognisable as Rovers.

I guess the 64m dollar question now is would people buy a slightly tweaked halved away shirt in the same sort of numbers as the current away shirts?

Personally I've never ever bought an away shirt, I just don't see the point in forking out on a Liverpool coloured top or a tour de France yellow jersey just because someone has stuck a Rovers badge on it! I'd much rather sport the blue and white halves if I'm going to wear a football top.

However if we had a permanent away strip with "our" design on it i.e. halves I'd feel much more morally obliged to make a purchase now and again.

Worth a poll? - more/less likely to buy etc?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Certainly worth a poll, I would also be more inclined to buy though I have bought away strips in the past and will probably be buying this one. Perhaps something that BRISA could put forward to the club if we found that the majority were in support of it.

I must be the only one on here thinking that having a halved away shirt is a crap idea. Don't get me wrong i love our halved home shirts, but away shirts are something different, something that can be changed year by year. Away games to me are all about going away from home and with that we lose the halves.

...Plus the designs i've seen so fat look utter crap to me so that may be why. I like this seasons shirt, i liked last seasons shirt, i loved the yellow skin tight kappa one, i remember getting a yellow card against my username on here for saying something to somebody about the Kappa shirt who didn't like, i think i said something about his being skin tight because he is fat and mine being skin tight because i have some muslce lol.

I lvoe our away shirts but if the consensous is that Rovers fans want black and red halves i'd still buy the shirt and wear it with as much pride as i do any other Rovers shirt!

I only purchase the red and black away shirts. All the others have been rank. Although one of my faves is the 3rd shirt we had in Division One a few years ago. I brought it from the club, longsleeve as well. Was navy blue and red with a sash on it. But I really do think our away shirt should be halves as well.

I think some people are being very harsh on our away kits...granted we've had some uninspiring ones, but on the whole I've liked them. In fact...I think it's only recently that they've gone poor, the HSA sponsored ones were especially dull.

This one is my particular favourite from the past(best picture I could find):

IPB Image

I was also a fan of this...although not the other yellow one, which I won't offend younger viewers with by posting.

IPB Image

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.