BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Signs !

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance you could give us a run down? 56 k here!

Im sure It'll be on the official site soon but basically, he's delighted to join and cannot wait till the season to start. Still thinks he can learn as a player and wants to get better. Thinks his game best suits the premiership and wants to see his great team mates and manager fighting to win the league! LoL.

Said the club is really ambitious and wants to win things with the Rovers

Edited by greggyk

That hammers board makes from great reading... what a nasty bunch of tossers!

Why are people slagging Shefki........the lad makes do with limited skills, we

should be kissing his arse as he is all of us personified! :angry:

There should be plenty of room for him at BRFC. loyalty, lads.

Edited by blue/white

Kuqi will rarely be 1st choice.

We know it and so does he.

However, all teams need a different option when plan A or even plan B are not working.

He was efffective as a sub last year and can do so again. If he is good enough for Sparky thats fine by me.

As for Benni, I don`t know jack about him but AT LAST.

just a word about Kuqi.

while his touch is not the best rememeber he came on a free and as scored 6-8 goals.

That is very good from rovers point of view, and we should keep him for back up and for the last 15 min when teams are tired and he can use this strength to good effect.

Here's what Benni had to say for himself. Looks a great signing to me.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...1369454,00.html

he's really enthusiastic isnt he! that's pretty good reading, and he seems really sold on the idea that we're going places. good job by the negotiators i say, and good on you benni. his enthusiasim shines through, and together with his conviction that we'll do well and his respect for the trainers and teammates all bode well; in short, he's everything mido isnt. i like him already. (side track: not gonna get his name on my shirt this season. i have every kit since 1994 but only printed 2 players' names: sutton in the relegation season and bellamy last season; i guess i'm the jinx).

just a word about Kuqi.

while his touch is not the best rememeber he came on a free and as scored 6-8 goals.

That is very good from rovers point of view, and we should keep him for back up and for the last 15 min when teams are tired and he can use this strength to good effect.

But will he stay? His demeanour in certain games near the end of the season - particular the last game when he didn't celebrate his goal, weren't positive. I have heard (not sure if this is true) that Kuqi was particularly miffed that he had to play second fiddle to a unimpressive Pongolle for most of the latter stages.

I agree that having him on the bench is very useful. I'd suggest he'd be a better option than Jeffers if the team need a late goal or two.

kuqi was free with not a massive wage, he scored 7 goals and made a nuisance of himself. his style of football was apitimised by that goal he scored against west ham at home, which was a important goal. but now we have more options. hughes is a transfer window magician. :brfc:

Kuqi may have very little technical ability but he is a big, strong workhorse and even in the Premiership there is room for a player like him in a squad just because he gives his all and is a nuisance to tired defenders which can be very influencial on a result of a match.

When Bellamy left I thought it was time for a bit of transfer magic from Hughes, who didn't disappoint when we agreed a 3 million fee for Mido (or thereabouts). When Mido decided he didn't want to come I thought the bargain season was over - but Hughes has done it again in with a rediculously low fee (2.5 million) for Benni.

Not my first choice truth be told, as I feel he'll need more time to adjust than Mido or Bellers if we still had him. But he is a class act no doubt about it and if he can adjust quickly then he could well be the premiership signing of the season. And Hughes has a habit of bringing out the best in players - so am optimistic.

Regarding the debate as to is our attack stronger I'm in the yes camp. Niether Roberts or McCarthy is as devestating as Bellamy, but overall the attack is much stronger. Dickov imo is beginning to fade and Roberts as a replacement is much better. McCarthy is a class act and imo from the odd bit i've seen and what I've heard is not streets behind Bellamy. So overall on paper the attack is stronger in terms of ability.

The options are much greater - Roberts provides speed and power, Benni that bit of trickery and clinical finishing, and we've still got Kuqi who's physical and as subtle as a brick - which is ideal agaist certain teams (e.g Boro, City.) In addition to which niether are our striking options resting on some dodgy hamstrings. Loosing either Benni or Roberts to injury, we've still a lot more of a threat up front than we did when Bellamy was out last season.

Great move by rovers who also must have a fair bit in left in the transfer kitty, well for us anyway. Still time for Hughes to unearth a world class left back and a right mid.

Well, as one of only a handful who thought we were infinitely weaker without Duff seeing what was brought in to replace him, I'd like to say that this time I think we will be better off. OK, Bellamy is, on his day, world class, and I don't think any of the three brought in are that, but that's the point. Between the THREE of them I think we've improved the front line immensely (I don't think that the loss of dick-off was of any import whatsoever - he was pretty useless last season to us-so don't think any of them really were replacing that).

I agree with all that. We may not have replaced the quality of Bellamy with anyone to match him but with Benni and Roberts brought in we have, overall, a better frontline.

Bellamy's influence is being slightly overrated on here. Excellent for us yes but from what some on here are saying about him they seem to believe we were a one-man team last year. We weren't. :P

Kuqi may have very little technical ability but he is a big, strong workhorse and even in the Premiership there is room for a player like him in a squad just because he gives his all and is a nuisance to tired defenders which can be very influencial on a result of a match.

For some reason there appear to be lots on here who simply cannot grasp that ihd. 11 Thierry Henry's would win nowt, any good team is made up of 'Violinists and brickies'.

Awesome to see Benni, Roberts and Jeffers come on board this season!!

But.. would STILL like to see Gallagher make some more appearances- he's been over-looked by Hughes so far in my opinion! My pecking order for this season would go something like

-Benni

-Roberts

-Gallagher

-Jeffers

-Kuqi

(######, we've got a fair few number of strikers now)

-Derbyshire

By the way- anyone see Thommo leaving Wigan?? Poor guy just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere these days

"Rovers spending spree continues"!! according to the Guardian.

Got a link phillip. Wouldn't exactly call it a spree. Are they setting us up for another "bought the title" deal.

Watched Benni's interview on Rovers World, the lad seems genuinely excited, good positive outlook. Hope he still feels that way on a rainy day in January with the wind whistling around Ewood.

Got a link phillip. Wouldn't exactly call it a spree. Are they setting us up for another "bought the title" deal.

Watched Benni's interview on Rovers World, the lad seems genuinely excited, good positive outlook. Hope he still feels that way on a rainy day in January with the wind whistling around Ewood.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/...usrc=rss&feed=5

ESPN on Benni signing. I must say, the lad knows all the right things to say. I'm genuinely excited by him signing now in a way I wasn't earlier. He really seems to be up for it!

Saying things like

I am used to finishing in the top four and being top scorer. I believe I can do that with Blackburn and be amongst the top four or five scorers in England.

'I must feel that way otherwise there is no ambition for me, Blackburn have won the title and been in Europe. Now they are back there again and I believe we can achieve a top-four finish.

can only endear him to the Ewood faitfhful.

Also,

I am just grateful to this club that they kept trying, they waited for me for a long time. Over 12 months, and they have kept hanging in there and made it happen.

'I hope now I can give them the best football that I have left to give.

'From what I have seen they have got everything it needs to be successful, but maybe I can produce that little bit of quality that I have, that bit of extra experience from playing in Holland, Portugal and Spain.

'Maybe I can bring that extra flair and class to the team to help win medals.

We hope you can too, Benni!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.