BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Views On Kuqi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a tad harsh - his close control aint the best - but he has power and pace and a cracking celebration. I wish him all the best at Palace and think 2.5million is about 1.5million too much (but not that Im complaining)

I wish him all the best

thats a tad harsh - his close control aint the best - but he has power and pace and a cracking celebration. I wish him all the best at Palace and think 2.5million is about 1.5million too much (but not that Im complaining)

I wish him all the best

I think Gav still hates palace :(

kuqi scored some vital goals last year for us though he was a bench man most of the season.

good in the air but terrible on the deck, well pleased for the dosh you forked out, money in the bank!

i wish him all the best and so does our groundsman, i bet the palace groundsman is having nightmares and waking up in a cold sweat if he's seen his celebrations!!!

Why dose he hate palace?

just a guess but probably because of our play off defeat when we lost 3-0 in extra time after leading 3-1 from the first leg. To say there was some unbelievable decisions from the ref, George Courtney would be an understatment!!

:angry:

as for Kuqi- he has heart and will run and run- a decent player at championship level but i dont think any rovers fan could believe you paid 2.5 million for him after we got him on a free!

1 million would have been a bonus, but give our thanks to your chairman!

:lol:

just a guess but probably because of our play off defeat when we lost 3-0 in extra time after leading 3-1 from the first leg. To say there was some unbelievable decisions from the ref, George Courtney would be an understatment!!

:angry:

as for Kuqi- he has heart and will run and run- a decent player at championship level but i dont think any rovers fan could believe you paid 2.5 million for him after we got him on a free!

1 million would have been a bonus, but give our thanks to your chairman!

That was back in 89 and all should be forgotten.

It dose seem like a lot of money but we got 8.2million for aj which i think was a bit overpriced.

You might like to check out this thread as well...

Kuqi original thread

For me, his first touch was pretty poor, but he did have some great moments in a Rovers shirt. My two favoutrites were the cross for Pedersen's wonder goal against Fulham and his bargeing through the West Ham defence to score a splendid goal at Ewood.

Heart in the right place, even if the ball wasn't always!

Forgotten!!! Broke my heart and I still remember sitting in that corner quietly weeping at the end. I can never listen to the DC5 again.

At £2.5m Rovers have done very, very well. You've paid far too much, probably three times his value, but have got a player with great heart and committment. I think he will do well for you.

Forgotten!!! Broke my heart and I still remember sitting in that corner quietly weeping at the end. I can never listen to the DC5 again.

At £2.5m Rovers have done very, very well. You've paid far too much, probably three times his value, but have got a player with great heart and committment. I think he will do well for you.

Well then again, he is going to add goals to them and push them back up towards the premier league/ championship play-offs. Could easily pay for himself

You've signed a gem

We also have some other excellent players looking for a new challenge that you might be interested in paying too much for

Matteo is excellent, what do you reckon, 5 Mill?

Good luck to you palace, Shef' used to give every Sunday player hope that they could still cut the mustard one day !

Gives 100% ALL the time, causes chaos as he is quick considering his size, your opposition defenders will need more than tanks to stop him and he is great in the air, TBH I liked the guy, his celebration will be missed, scored VITAL goals for us last season. :rover:

Edited by daveoftherovers

A players value is however much someone is willing to pay for him!

He was frustrating to watch sometimes, but I liked the way he always gave 110%. If he does that for Palace I am sure he will score twice as many goals in the championship - he did afterall manage 20 for Ipswich just a couple of seasons ago. In that respect he's probably worth £2.5 mill to your club, even if it is more than we had expected.

It dose seem like a lot of money but we got 8.2million for aj which i think was a bit overpriced.

You must be joking ... nightmare for us Rovers fans cramped in that corner and the rest... although we would like to forget it just won't disappear. Any of your fans skint at the moment as they certainly thought we where that day with the amount of change they 'donated 'to us at the 'End' (according to Courtney).

GLAD ALL OVER .... :angry: (don't let Abbey near ya)

As for the Cookie monster - he will do well for you but certainly not of Premiership calibre.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

I still get goosebumps when I hear Glad All Over!! Easy for Palace fans to tell us to forget about it - broke my heart!

Kuqi is a good honest pro who will do well in the Championship - not the best technically but difficult to defend against. I wish him all the very best and don't consider £2.5m to be overpriced when you got £8.5m for AJ.

Kuqi was Ipswich's Player of the Season the year he departed (ahead of Darren Bent, I believe) so he'll do well for Palace no doubt.

Simon Jordan has set Peter Taylor the task of getting Palace up immediately (a job too daunting for the might Souey even) and I think that's all Taylor's worried about. Kuqi's suitability for the Premiership is irrelevant to him, I guess.

Paul Dickov was considered not fitting for the Prem for so long and then he had that season under Mickey Adams (the freebie revolution that ended so disastrously) where he scored something like 12 goals. Kuqi could have a season like that left in him. BTW I still think Dickov isn't fit for purpose, to use a contemporary phrase, in the Premiership but he did a job.

Edited by rover6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.