BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] And The Beeb Says We Want Beckham.....

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The times article also quotes Hughes as saying "He could be the right player at the wrong time"

It also goes on to suggest what Beckham would be swapping in the move including the line -"He would improve his chances of winning a trophy" :D

My girlfriend was also go - as I think everyones would!

Edited by LeftWinger

The Hughes quotes make this something more than just paper talk- just!

It would be a coup but so were Archibald and Ardilles. How many times have I got to write about the impact of next year's Sky deal? A top ten EPL finish and one half decent cup run will lift Rovers into about 25th place in the World Rich Club league even if supporters get in for £15.

Paella for tripe, I can't stop laughing, good that FLB

On Becks, I'd have him here. He may not be what he was but he is still an excellent passer and crosser of the ball. The PR factor would be a phenominal boost for Rovers. Is it too far fetched? I don't think so, there would be a lot less pressure on him here than the likes of the Geordies and, just look what we did for Bellamy. It just might look good to him, surely the simple fact that he moved to Blackburn would get him tons of publicity. Big stumbling block, would posh allow it.

Edited by USABlue

I seem to recall on an interview on redio 1 recently he clearly stated that he wouldn't return to a premiership club.

Correct he definetely said that. Still we can dream for a while :)

The Beckham for Blackburn story has two advantages to us IF we can get him.

In my opinion he is the best player as a direct replacement for Tugay, great passer but not the best tackler but would love the deep lying playmaker role. This would also prolong his career greatly, remember we bought Tugay at about the same age and he has lasted 5 years.

Secondly, in relation to the gate debate, would a Blackburn with Beckham in it sell out Ewood? This is a difficult one, a suspect not however I think an increase in average of about 5,000 to our previous levels is possible. With a marked increase in merchandising and a massive increase in World status it could be a self financing signing.

For me on a pure footballing perspective and leaving the maths to JW I think this could be a masterstroke. Let's hope it's true.

Totally agree here NEARREY - not a big Beckam fan really but would be a good ideal shortish term replacement/sidekick job share with Tugay rather than for the Right hand side berth

Might not be as pie in the sky as some people think

looking beyond the hypr and front page headlines the fact is that Beckham is quality - phenominal workrate and great passing. Much as I love Toogs it would be great to see Beckham in the centre of our midfield, trouble is I seem to remember Martin Jol publicly courtng Becks. If that's the case that's where he's going.

This would be a great signing if we could pull it off, he would be a great addition to the side not to mention the revenue we could generate from it

But i just can't see it happening if he was to come back to the prem i think he will want to move back to London i reckon someone like Tottenham will be favourites. I can't see Posh turning up on a cold winter's night at Ewood when were playing someone like Reading but you never know

I'am sorry but if Mr Beckham is going to join the EPL the following clubs, I humbly suggest, would rate more highly than Rovers on his wish list.

1)Chelsea - need a right winger, another trophy player for Roman.

2)Bolton - third in the premiership, the dream of champions league, close to Manchester.

3)Portsmouth - fourth in the league , Redknap, new rich backers, close to London.

4)Aston Villa – ONeil, new rich backers.

5)Spurs - London based, my favorite if Lennon goes to Chelsea.

6)Newcastle – Have a habit of throwing money at problems, fan base , Owen.

Personally I hope I am wrong and Mr Hughes pulls of the signing of the decade. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.