BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 1- 3 Newcastle

ihtd

A comment on Chelsea -Arsenal. Did Lehmann and Drogba both get booked for diving? That "altercation" was the comedy moment of the season for me; Two 6'4" blokes falling over like they'd been shot when touched.

This should have been an edit but I pressed the wrong button.

Edited by speeeeeeedie

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about time the Rovers managements stopped the practice of putting away fans in the executive boxes of the lower BBE. Its been going on for a while, and it came perilously close to kicking off in a major way on Saturday. There's nothing worse than being goaded by a load of ######-up corporate free loaders. Get it sorted Mr. Williams.

1. How can it kick off when neither parties can get at each other? It's prob only a bit of banter anyway and would have been far different if we were winning 2-1 with them down to 10 men.

2. Tell you what, lets have your suggestions for filling the boxes with BRFC fans. With the pathetic support that we have we cannot afford to turn away people who will pay well over the odds for their entertainment.

Edited by thenodrog

For a start, they could raffle a couple of boxes for the next home game at half time, all seat numbers sold could be entered.

Other than that, how about the more affluent supporters taking up a few games, why leave it up to corporate users.

There's a few that post on here that could afford it. Yourself included, Jan with her five figure salary, just to name two.

Also they're ideal for the more snobbish attendees that find some football chants a bit hard to swallow.

1. How can it kick off when neither parties can get at each other? It's prob only a bit of banter anyway and would have been far different if we were winning 2-1 with them down to 10 men.

That's balls and you know it. Getting berated by gloating away fans when you're in the home end is unacceptable and leads to an even worse matchday experience. This is not going to help those fans who are on the verge of not turning up the next week.

Other than that, how about the more affluent supporters taking up a few games, why leave it up to corporate users. There's a few that post on here that could afford it. Yourself included, Jan with her five figure salary, just to name two.

Rubbish I couldn't afford it and I very much doubt Jan could. If she indeed has a large salary (btw won't most people have a 5 figure salary? :blink: ) most of it will be spoken for in other commitments . I did actually sit in one of those for the Liverpool game of 2 years ago (2-2) and actually watching football from behind glass is nowhere nearly as good as the real thing.

Insulting?..... yes. Why does the simple word 'black' cause you such a problem? To a professional sportsman any insult is only in the other two words surely?

If it's not intended to be racist, why use the word "black" at all?

2. Tell you what, lets have your suggestions for filling the boxes with BRFC fans. With the pathetic support that we have we cannot afford to turn away people who will pay well over the odds for their entertainment.

1. Its only a matter of time before someone puts through one of the windows on the exec. boxes or at least has a bloody good go.

2. Suggestions for filling up corporate boxes? Haven't got a clue, I don't see the appeal myself. A few more prawn sandwiches or carafes of house wine perhaps? What I am willing to bet is that none of those Newcastle fans had paid BRFC a penny for watching that game on Saturday and they were just on a corporate jolly on freebie tickets.

Edited by Ray-Von

2. Suggestions for filling up corporate boxes? Haven't got a clue, I don't see the appeal myself. A few more prawn sandwiches or carafes of house wine perhaps? What I am willing to bet is that none of those Newcastle fans had paid BRFC a penny for watching that game on Saturday and they were just on a corporate jolly on freebie tickets.

Appeal or no appeal BRFC will have received approx 6 times more money for the people in the boxes than for any one of the people sat on the Blackburn End. Argue about the design of the ground all you like but the fact is that BRFC obviously cannot either fill those boxes with Blackburn supporters nor stipulate that the few local companies that do hire those boxes will not invite supporters from the opposing teams (that really is usually why they are hired btw). It's revenue and we are desperately short of such, we damned well need it so accept that fact and move on. If the alternative was to ban away fans from the boxes and put up the BBurn End Lower ticket prices to compensate for the loss in revenue how would that do?

Edited by thenodrog

From memory, Boxes are about £10k a pop. Corporate hospitality is from £130 to £400 a person in other suites. I normally do that 5 or 6 times a year. Plus I have an on-site parking place, so I think I already do my bit.

Although have considered getting a hospitality season ticket (if we did such things). You can get them at Parkhead for about £1,500 a year

Even if i had the money to buy a box i wouldn't purchase one, mainly because i much prefer to be in the stands with the true loyal fans and not with the up them selves business people who couldn't care less about the club.

Plus the atmosphere is far better in the stands

Even if i had the money to buy a box i wouldn't purchase one, mainly because i much prefer to be in the stands with the true loyal fans and not with the up them selves business people who couldn't care less about the club.

Plus the atmosphere is far better in the stands

Aha- but you don't have the option of watching from inside the lounge if it's cold!!!

(this is very important to me!)

On the way up to the Sunderland home game last season (which was ultimately cancelled) my friend and I were practically crying at the thought of having to sit outside (we had corporate hospitality booked but outside seats). We both agreed that we were willing to pay whatever they asked to sit inside!

Then 50 miles from Ewood, they cancelled the game. We still went and got our food, but agreed it was a very long way to go for a meal!

Because I'm a girly woose!!! I sit in my office with a heater on (winter or summer- the air-conditioning makes it too cold).

I whine when the temperature drops below sub-tropical and my house's thermostat is set at 28 degrees.

I'm probably responsible for global warming all on my own!

Because I'm a girly woose!!! I sit in my office with a heater on (winter or summer- the air-conditioning makes it too cold).

I whine when the temperature drops below sub-tropical and my house's thermostat is set at 28 degrees.

i wouldn't like to pay your heating bills lol

Had a few days to reflect now and I keep thinking that unless we inject some pace into the side somewhere, we are going down. Our wingers have no pave to get behind defenders and our strikers are painfully slow (I am sorry but Nonda is useless and Benni is a lazy sod - walking around like Andy Cole used to)

Opposition teams defend a lot higher and squeeze our play.

I do not think we will find an answer in January but Hughesy really must address the pace issue

You are a girl after my own heart Jan. Come and live at my house any time.

Or better still invite me to your box. I'll bring the sweets and popcorn.

1. Its only a matter of time before someone puts through one of the windows on the exec. boxes or at least has a bloody good go.

Corporate boxes are there for executives to a) have a perk, B) take out favored clients, and c) reward employees. The worse Rovers play, or the smaller our fanbase is, the less all 3 become viable reasons to buy in. It happened in Dallas with the Cowboys in the late 80s-early 90s.

The attraction isn't so much the "I'm at the game" as "I'm above the hoi polloi, in luxury, getting served food by a waiter, and I'm watching footy. w00t!" I think it's the air of privilege more than anything else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.