BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 1- 3 Newcastle

ihtd

About 16,000 home fans blue,agree thats its going to get worse looking at those next few fixtures...I just dont know where our goals are going to come from.

Considering that McCarthy is reported to have got his 5th yellow today.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The long long dark spectre of a hard winter has settled over Ewood Park, after todays result it just doesnt have the energy to move away and will remain over Ewood until a full 90 minute work ethic is re-established amongst our team.

I cannot recall such an inept first 45 minutes when we committed suicide against a poor Newcastle outfit.

Moving on to the second 45 minutes, we saw a dedicated Rovers 10 men outfit come to the party, score a fantastic goal and then nearly snatch a draw only for the curtains to be closed by a breakaway 3rd goal as Brad sat on his arse in the Blackburn End goal.

My Leyland, blue eyes spectacled view of today is as follows.

In the first 45 minutes LN played like he no longer wanted to wear the blue and white shirt, he was simply awful along with MGP, Nonda,Mccarthy,Gray,Bentley. There was no effort, no energy, no interest, no nothing despite the encouragement of Savage and Andre and the prodding of Tugay. It got so bad that even Tugay invited the invisible friend to try and help him out. Add to this yet anoher woeful piece of refereeing by gallagher the inbred halfwit when he decided that from the left wing position, henchoz had denied a goalscoring chance. It was as shocking a decision as Rovers first half performance.

So, the second half. Whatever the tea lady gave them worked. A fantastic goal by MGP gave Rovers the kiss of life and frightened the living day lights out of the biggest club in England with the most fantastical support ! Oly two saves by our old goalie Shay prevented Rovers from levelling. The likes of LN,Gray,MGP and co were transformed, even Todd and Derbyshire entered the cause.

Lo and behold, it was not to be and the 3rd breakaway goal killed off Rovers spirited second half challenge.

In a week of what could or should have been, Rovers have seen fit to fritter away 6 points. Those points would have seen us safely mid table on 22 precious points and a platform to attack the Christmas period with blue and white verve. How different it is going to be.

From somewhere, Rovers need 7 wins to ensure Premiership survival and the big bucks that come with it. We have 9 games left at home, games that only show Arsenal as the outstanding game.

Things are going from bad to worse, and I cannot see Rovers getting out of the rut they have placed themselves in. Its not the tactics, its the lack of the work ethic that was so evident last season. There are only 5 players trying and carrying the other 6.

So, we now move to Wednesday and a game against the girly named nancy lorraine. I know we are through but Rovers should forget about trying to beat them and play the reserve team to rest our overworked stars. Reading away is a far more important a fixture.

Finally, a mention for the so called best supporters in the league. You may well have had 2900 fans at Ewood in a sparse 19200 crowd, but believe me, I have seen far better. I would, at best describe the majority as simple football supporters.

Winters here boys and girls, its gonna be a long hard trek through to January :(

As i said eddie, it couldn't get any worse. The more i hear on Radio Rovers and from you on Five Live the more annoyed i am getting at Dermot and his inept performance!

Pathetic to Sublime, it's a game of 2 halves! Lets hope we can take this into the Nancy game.

Not too sure why you are blaming the referee.Just exactly what did he do wrong.? If you are referring to the 1st goal, that certain members of the CIS stand seemed to think may have been off-side, that is down to the assistant, and the referee would not over rule in that quadrant. The sending off of Henchoz was unfortunate but Mr Gallagher had no choice but to produce a red card. So why was is performance inept? The main culprits were the Rovers players themselves, certainly in the first half.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, we need a striker with PACE, once 1 of our defenders hoofs the ball upfront we need a striker to latch onto it, if the striker cant, then he can still put the defender under pressure and the defender may just kick out of play. But the problem this season is McCarthy and Nonada both dont have pace and they are not as commited as Bellamy was, so when we do hoof the ball upfront, the opposition collect it and hoof it back again towards our defenders. This puts our defenders under pressure. So , a pacey striker is very important, not only can it create goals it can also take pressure off our defenders.

Not too sure why you are blaming the referee.Just exactly what did he do wrong.? If you are referring to the 1st goal, that certain members of the CIS stand seemed to think may have been off-side, that is down to the assistant, and the referee would not over rule in that quadrant. The sending off of Henchoz was unfortunate but Mr Gallagher had no choice but to produce a red card. So why was is performance inept? The main culprits were the Rovers players themselves, certainly in the first half.

Mr Gallagher had a choice of using pure common sense or making a complete arse of himself, HE chose the latter in this game. His performance was totally unacceptable and will result in him spending time in the lower divisions. The linesman was spot on everytime he called Mccarthey offside as he is just so god damned lazy, he did however get 3 decisions wrong in calling MGP offside.

Following me suffering the hell of 92 mins of Rovers garbage at charlton I had the joy of Newcastle at home today. The 500 fans (mainly South East based) at Charlton saw a game when Rovers rarely improve above the level of sh@@e, today's first 45 mins was just as bad...thank god less than 16000 home fans saw this rubbish.

Please don't blame the attendance on local pubs and TV; my local landlord mate told me after the game that he had the match on and hardly a soul came to watch.

We (Rovers) are in deep cack. We have Nonda the Wanda up front and Benni Offside Mc Useless wandering around winging rather than getting his backside into gear. Sav has been a joke recently and even worse the fans have turned on Neil which is a real demotivator.

We are a side that at present would struggle in the bottom half of the Championship, our fans have left on masse (fewer home fans today than we had against Fulham!!!!!!) and we have no strength in depth.

ACTION is needed now before we slide into relegation.

I am flipping angry. :angry:

I am flipping angry. :angry:

etc :angry:

etc :angry:

About 16,000 home fans blue,agree that its going to get worse looking at those next few fixtures...I just dont know where our goals are going to come from.

Again a big plea to the Rovers board to back Hughes with hard coin come January.

I'd have said less than 15000 home fans today, and if you had any bunce SG would you invest in BRFC when so many of the towns inhabitants will clearly not?

OldLeazes Posted on 9/12 17:42 Email this Message | Edit | Reply

re: DIRTY DIRTY BLACKBURN !!

Little clubs always have chips on their shoulders, and they try and take it out on the bigger clubs like Newcastle. Three points to us, and I almost hope Blackburn go down now. Unfortunately I want Man City, West Ham, and Boro to go down and they won't let another one join them.

big fan base doesnt automatically mean big club, dony u have to win things?

Cant read previous posts as post game anti-depressant drinking has made me late for my works xmas do. Appologies for spelling as I've had few.

Whether it was a sending off or not I thought it was a silly thing to do. Hencho new he'd not got enough on the ball with his head and made sure he brought the striker down. I don't think he was 'clear' on goal but we had been very poor and 2-0 down long before then.

The defence looked shakey again. Not sure where the blame lies but IMO Henchoz is a risk now due to lack of pace. He cost us a goal against Chelsea in the cup, he was clumsy and Charlton for 'that' free kick and was clumsy again today. I'm not saying he's that bad but Todd was player of the season two years running. Now he's 6th choice centre back. :blink:

Nonda has had his chance. We lack options but he's not quick enough.Watching the video of him that was posted when we signed him , in France he had lightening pace. Now he doesnt. Unfortunately neither Franny or Gally look good enough to do much better. Top reserve striker Derbyshire probably wont get a chance now that he has proven he's not a right winger.

McCarthy runs offside too ofter, takes too many fancy touches and needs to play off someone strong to take the heat off him. I've not given up yet but I'm beginning to feel disappointed.

Micky Gray and Todd have been left out of the side becuase of IMO personal reason by Mark Hughes. Souey got chastised for this. Sparky has been lucky that results have been good for him but he should tread very carefully now else people will turn.

Bentley has had a purple patch. I fear the rest of the season may be a sort of mouldy brown colour for him.

Nice kick by MGP for the goal. About the only one.

Off for my Christmas do. Ho Ho Ho Ho.

P.S - Still no Sergio, even 2 down with 10 men :(

I do quite like Gallagher as a rule cos he does let the game flow. But the sending off was harsh as I am not certain that

1. any foul was committed

and

2. The 'foul' was intentional. Fouls are not always intentional... rem Tugay catching the spurs lad with his trailing foot?

Finally I would bet my mortgage that Terry / Ferdinand / Hypia would never have walked for the same offence.

After watching Zurab, Ooijer and Henchoz all season I've got to say that Todd looked really strong when he came on

Finally I would bet my mortgage that Terry / Ferdinand / Hypia would never have walked for the same offence.

Exactly Drog. That's what is so infuriating. We see Tugay sent off last season for a second yellow, for hand ball on the half way line. That would never have happened at OT, Anfield, Arsenal or Chelsea to a home player. There's many more like that that have gone against us. It all depends who you are. :angry:

Erm, i'll wait for you to watch the highlights later. According to five live, lucas was punched by n'zogbia. Throw into that the sending off, which from most accounts most definately was not a "clear goalscoring opportunity". Not to mention the handball in the dieing minutes that wasn't given. That doesn't even start to take into account his free kick decision making which appeared like he had lost his whistle. We don't see Mr Gallagher at ewoo much and i'm glad. I have met the man and he is a very nice chatty guy but please stay the hell away from our players.

As for derbs i felt he added alot to the second half performance, he added pace and didn't have any fear. In what you have to remember is nothing like his normal role and to rule him out at his age is a bad mistake Stu. I think this one could come back to haunt you, looks like a handy player to me!

I liked the look of Derbyshire as well, i've been one of the few wanting to see him get a chance to prove himself and with Nonda being well out of form, i hope he is given a chance to show us what he can/cannot do. IMO he cannot be any worse than Nonda at the moment. He gave his all when he came on and thats all i ask of our players is that they try their hardest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.