BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolverhampton, Here We Come

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sat next to a Wolves season ticket holder who reckons it's cobblers. That'll be wishful thinking, mind.

Simon :brfc:

I'm sitting next to one who just gave a wry smile and said "won't happen". He's in for a bad landing if it does!

I'm sat next to a Wolves season ticket holder who reckons it's cobblers. That'll be wishful thinking, mind.

No, he definitely said Wolves. Although it would be very like Souness. Northampton Town - the Jean-Alain Boumsong of League One.

Graeme Souness having £20m to spend on a football club sums up precisely what is wrong with the game these days. How on Earth has he made that much?

From the article ...

"I have a partner and I see the club having vast potential and I would put more money into it - if I got the opportunity."

It doesn't say how much money his partner has. To be able to put £20m in, you wouldn't want to have "just" a £20m fortune, as there is no way of telling how much you would get back.

I'd be surprised if Graeme had more than £10m clear. He wouldn't want to sink all of that into Wolves.

But I'm no alvin Hall, I'm wildy guessing.

I thought Jack Haywood was willing to give the club away, as long as it received 20 million guaranteed investment?

Indeed. The chairman seems a strange fellow to reject an offer that the owner is willing to sell for. I don't understand why he sees himself as an authority to directly contradict the owner of the club.

Very good! :lol:

Looking on the bright side from a Rovers point of view, maybe he can take Matteo off our hands and team him up with Amouseless in central defence. :tu:

Souey at a championship side is a GREAT idea, we all know he loves to raid his old clubs,and Im sure he'd take the deadweight off our hands,and probably take some loanees as well.

It does surprise me that Souey would want to buy Wolves.

Not as much as it surprises me though, that it surprises some of you, that after so many years of being involved in Football at the top level, Souey can find £20m. :)

I seem to recall in the bbc article that it stated he and a partner, so I'm guessing he doesn't have 20m to throw into Wolves. I'm guessing he has a backer in much the same way that Niall Quinn wouldn't have had the money to buy Sunderland AFC

It does surprise me that Souey would want to buy Wolves.

Not as much as it surprises me though, that it surprises some of you, that after so many years of being involved in Football at the top level, Souey can find £20m. :)

1. Why? If he wanted to buy a club, there's not that many outside the prem with a larger following and potential.

2. He did say he has a partner. So he doesn't need to have more than £2 mill if his partner is sitting on the cash :P

I'd be surprised if our Graeme had £20m knocking around in the bank somewhere ...

I heard he was heading a consortium of investors willing put up £20m

As for Souness` dosh situation, the guy played for Liverpool (THE top european club at the time) & in italy (where the money was at the time) He`s managed a good half dozen clubs & got handsomely paid for doing it, whilst also having a rumoured slice in Galsgow Rangers (when they were being successful) I`d safely say the guy is slightly minted.

...& that doesn`t even include all the backhanders over the years.....allegedly :unsure:

I heard he was heading a consortium of investors willing put up £20m

As for Souness` dosh situation, the guy played for Liverpool (THE top european club at the time) & in italy (where the money was at the time) He`s managed a good half dozen clubs & got handsomely paid for doing it, whilst also having a rumoured slice in Galsgow Rangers (when they were being successful) I`d safely say the guy is slightly minted.

...& that doesn`t even include all the backhanders over the years.....allegedly :unsure:

Or the payoffs for being sacked

Archived