BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

I can - we went for the jugular from the off and their defence couldn't cope - it was only our backing off in the 2nd half and the cheating antics of Arteta that got them back into the game as well as their inability to shoot.

Do the same again and we should be able to beat em - if we don't I can see us getting beat

cheating antics of Arteta?!? Do you turn a blind eye whenever Savage goes down like he was shot or do you term that as cheating antics?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cheating antics of Arteta?!? Do you turn a blind eye whenever Savage goes down like he was shot or do you term that as cheating antics?

Both Hypo, and is the reason why Savage is not exactly one of my favourite players.

Also if you read the Arsenal thread you will find I commented upon his actions there.

Anyway back to the game - as mentioned, we started off like a house of fire and hit them them early with the goals- however after that we couldn't get any fluidity due to the stop start of the inept referee all mainly down to Wibble Wobble Arteta - thus we went a bit defensive and if they had any shooting boots between them could have easily got back on level terms.

People go on about Sheff Utd but to me Everton are as bad and always have been.

However a tough game and agree we will probably escape with a point.

MGP doubtful, Tugay just played 80 mins in Georgia, too cold for Benni (short sleeves and gloves) German trip on Wednesday, stinkin cold/manflu, skint, busy at work, £28 ticket, nasty locals

11.00am train from Balshaw Lane, Lime St for 11.50 straight into the Vines! See you there.

(PS Anyone heard The Maybes? There is some graffiti on a wall near the Gwladys St end at Goodison.)

Tugay just played 80 mins in Georgia

That's outrageous- the guy's 36 for christ sake! It's hardly like he is going to turn up at Euro 2008...

Oh well. We are in the poo midfield wise. Could be looking at:

Peter-Dunn-Axe-Bentley

If Dunn runs out of steam we are going to be looking even more seriously makeshift.

After todays injury news with Europe beckoning we appear to be up sh%% creek without a paddle :unsure:

Rovers will approach the game defensively, play a 5 man midfield and 1 up front. They have little option but to go for the draw as I cannot see a team being put to win the game.

Its gonna be a cold long 90 minutes of boring up and at em football.

Oh well. We are in the poo midfield wise. Could be looking at:

Peter-Dunn-Axe-Bentley

Is it just me or does that midfield look potentially very exciting. I know that Dunn & Peter have never played together before, but I like the idea of Bentley & Peter, & The Axe can cover for when Dunn goes off in search of a goal.

I must be ill, optimism isn't my natural state.

Everton 1 - 1 Rovers

Beattie 36 -- Dunn 42

Hopefully we'll get at least a point here, not going to this one. Don't like Goodison at all, sh1t ground for away fans as well.

Team:

----------Friedel

Zurab - Samba - Nelsen - Berner

Emerton - Dunn - Axe - Bentley

-------Benni - Roberts

Subs: Brown, Henchoz, Peter, Nonda, Tugay/Jeffers

Team:

----------Friedel

Zurab - Samba - Nelsen - Berner

Emerton - Dunn - Axe - Bentley

-------Benni - Roberts

Subs: Brown, Henchoz, Peter, Nonda, Tugay/Jeffers

That's the team I'd want to see too. And certainly Tugay on the bench, even if he played midweek he could still come on for the last 30 minutes if we need a goal.

Not very optimistic with all the players we're missing, but then again the team we fielded last time at Goodison didn't look all that great either, so who really knows what will happen?

Archived