BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't normally post to previews, but I just know that we are gonna get whooped.. it always happens after a good cup game against the same teams..

Middlesborough last season springs to mind.

With Wednesday and next Saturday in mind - I think Hughes will go with the following :-

Friedal

Zurab Henchoz Nelsen Bruno

Emo Bentley Axe Peter/Gray/Gally

Nonda McCarthy

Really not certain about the left sided position. With a new left back making his debut - and Arteta play in their right - I would be tempted to start with Gray.

For me Dunn and Tugay should be on the bench - and hopefully saved for UEFA and FA cups.

this is obviously gonna be a togh game!!!

but i think the 4-1 will wiork to our advantage.

they will feel obliged to get-at-us so if mh has his stuff worked out (as usual) then i can see us getting the result that out beauty-boys deserve!

maybe that sounds a bit simplistic ........ maybe sm needs to think like that? wkr

Why no chance with regards to the weather and a postponement? Thought it was due to snow again in sunny Merseyside tonight. Oh by the way, a nice evening in Spain. 17 degrees at the moment. Yes I know, I will shut up now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe they're too big a club to risk a postponement ;)

Simon :brfc:

Not sure at all about what today will bring, the performance, team, result all these will be interesting. I have a funny feeling Hughes might go a little defensive today. The only doubt I have with my team is whether Hughes feels Berner is ready or not:

Friedel,

Emerton,

Nelsen ©,

Samba,

Berner,

Gallagher,

Mokoena,

Dunn,

Bentley,

McCarthy,

Roberts.

Subs: Brown, Henchoz/Zurab, Tugay, Nonda, Jeffers.

From the official site:

ROVERS: Friedel, Khizanishvili, Samba, Nelsen ©, Berner, Emerton, Bentley, Tugay, Dunn, Gallagher, McCarthy. Subs: Brown (GK), Todd, Henchoz, Jeffers, Roberts.

Edit: so 4-5-1 with Gally behind McCarthy? And either Emerton or Dunn on the left and Bentley or Dunn with Tugay in the middle?

Too many players missing today, another different back four in all probability , I fear the worst. With a full squad to chose from we can give anybody a game but injuries are going to blight our season.

I fear you are spot on there TS.

Qualification for europe will be a step to far IMO, however, the next two weeks will dictate if we are in for a season to remember (cup wise)

Official site says no Mokoena in sixteen and has Dunn starting.

Soccer Saturday has no Dunn in the starting 11 - but has Mokoena.

:unsure:

The official club text service (and our front page) has Dunn starting. I think Soccer Saturday have got it wrong (unless there was a last minute change and nobody told Lee ;) )

Archived