BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Jose Mourinho after losing to Liverpool.

"We were the better team"

"We were the only side trying to win the game throughout the 120 minutes"

Watching a different game from the rest of us Jose. :lol:

Chelsea were the better team for the first half of the first leg and thats it.

Jose Mourinho after losing to Liverpool.

"We were the better team"

"We were the only side trying to win the game throughout the 120 minutes"

Watching a different game from the rest of us Jose. :lol:

Thourght that L'pool should have won within regulation time, chelksi had more possesion but didnt create the chances that L'pool did. As for Jose when does he ever admit his team were outplayed its all part f the pschology he uses to motivate his team & deflect attention away from his teams performance

I thought he was fairly respectable and over the course of the two legs Chelsea had been the better side. He didn't complain about Liverpool's goal, in which Kuyt committed a blatant foul.

I thought he was fairly respectable and over the course of the two legs Chelsea had been the better side. He didn't complain about Liverpool's goal, in which Kuyt committed a blatant foul.

Sorry mate but I disagree. They got in front at Stamford bridge and then foresaked possesion to make sure they didnt concede. Tonight apat from the last 15 minutes of extra time when everyone was knackered and SWP carved out a chance they created nothing compared to Liverpools goal, Crouch header, Kuyt offside goal, Kuty header on bar, Kuyt shot in last minute.

Chelsea are a strong solid unit that are efficient and resilient. Almost germanlike. However they don't like to go on the front foot.

Sorry mate but I disagree. They got in front at Stamford bridge and then foresaked possesion to make sure they didnt concede. Tonight apat from the last 15 minutes of extra time when everyone was knackered and SWP carved out a chance they created nothing compared to Liverpools goal, Crouch header, Kuyt offside goal, Kuty header on bar, Kuyt shot in last minute.

Chelsea are a strong solid unit that are efficient and resilient. Almost germanlike. However they don't like to go on the front foot.

Liverpool were hardly bounding forward. They scored a goal which should have been, Crouch was climbing all over the back of the defender for his header, Kuyt's chance only came from Cech dealing with a shot poorly and Kuyt's header onto the bar was a well created chance but amazingly poor marking. It was a low quality game, but I would stand by the fact that over the course of the two legs and probably even tonight Chelsea were the better side. I don't really mind who went through, although I do hope United win it (or AC Milan if they make it) as they have been by far the best side in Europe this season and deserve it.

Chelsea were the better team over the two legs but it is hard to feel sorry for them or their manager.

In the event of a Liverpool - ManU final, it's the citizens of Athens who I feel sorry for.

I hope for everyones sake that Scumchester get put out tonight.

Can you imagine 40,000 football "fans" from 2 bitter rivals, all trying to fly out of manchester airport on various routes to Athens?

Admittedly, most Scum fans will be flying from Gatwick, but there are bound to be a few going from Manchester.

English footballs reputation could well be back down the pan if it does end up Scousers V Scum.

Come on you Rosso/Neri!

What a terrible game that was last night. If Liverpool win it again, having never really come close to being Premiership champions, it will make a mockery of the competition.

What a terrible game that was last night. If Liverpool win it again, having never really come close to being Premiership champions, it will make a mockery of the competition.

When was the last time that a league winner did lift the trophy?

Scumchester have never won it when they have been champions. The whole tournament is simply a european super league by the back door, so from a credibility point of view, it already has none!

Barcelona did it last year.

Chelsea got what they deserved for being, as always, far too negative. An away goal last night and they were through as Liverpool weren't going to score three during normal time. Far too cautious, as usual, from Mourinho in Europe. Jose got lucky at Old Trafford in 2004 and should have been out. Since then their two semi-final defeats have been because they were just TOO negative. One goal in four semi-final games against Liverpool tells its own story. In fact I can remember very few chances at all in those games. Liverpool are good defensively but Chelsea made it easy for them.

Barcelona did it last year.

Chelsea got what they deserved for being, as always, far too negative. An away goal last night and they were through as Liverpool weren't going to score three during normal time. Far too cautious, as usual, from Mourinho in Europe. Jose got lucky at Old Trafford in 2004 and should have been out. Since then their two semi-final defeats have been because they were just TOO negative. One goal in four semi-final games against Liverpool tells its own story. In fact I can remember very few chances at all in those games. Liverpool are good defensively but Chelsea made it easy for them.

I've got to agree about Chelsea being too negative, why didn't they throw more men forward in the 2nd half.Were they so sure of themselfs,with Cech in goal that they would win on penalties.Liverpool are masters of Europe,and it would be great to see an all English final.

Has theree ever been an all English final in europe, I know there's been a british final, but not sure about English.

My moneys on Liverpool to win it,and i think A C Milan will be to strong for Man United,and they'll make the away goals count.

My money is on Liverpool. There is something about them and European football.

As much as I dislike Scousers, at least theirs is a proper club, that has a decent history and tries to play proper football. Scum are the very definition of glory hunting shites and Chelsea are just a billionaires play thing that also employ Peter Kenyon. More than enough reason to dislike them.

The brother and sister in law were at Anfield last night, they said the atmosphere was phenomenal, and that beating Chelsea was almost as good as winning the whole thing.

Even as a lifelong rovers fan, I still have an obvious affinity with my loose permed brethren, and want them to go all the way. Anyone who thinks Chelsea were unlucky etc are talking out of their arses. Agger's goal was a fantastic touch, Kuyt bounced one off the bar and (as the television replays showed) scored a perfectly good goal in normal time. Carragher snuffed out Drogba the entire game, Reina hardly had a save to make.

I think Milan will go through tonight, and Liverpool will be too much for an aging opposition in Athens.

Scumchester have never won it when they have been champions. The whole tournament is simply a european super league by the back door, so from a credibility point of view, it already has none!

I don't mean this year alone, I mean Liverpool haven't made a serious challenge to be English champions since the 1980s yet the current Spanish mob have won the Champs league once and may well do it for a second time in three years. That's the sort of record that suggests an 'all time great team' but they're just a poxy cup side.

Hates 'em, I does. Hates 'em with a passion, from the smug gold stars on their badge to their mawkish little anthem. Hope they get stuffed by whoever they face in the final, but that's unlikely given what a tedious, defensive team they are.

The brother and sister in law were at Anfield last night, they said the atmosphere was phenomenal, and that beating Chelsea was almost as good as winning the whole thing.

Even as a lifelong rovers fan, I still have an obvious affinity with my loose permed brethren, and want them to go all the way. Anyone who thinks Chelsea were unlucky etc are talking out of their arses. Agger's goal was a fantastic touch, Kuyt bounced one off the bar and (as the television replays showed) scored a perfectly good goal in normal time. Carragher snuffed out Drogba the entire game, Reina hardly had a save to make.

I think Milan will go through tonight, and Liverpool will be too much for an aging opposition in Athens.

Chelsea are rumoured to have returned tickets. Is this true? If so they are getting off very lightly.

Imagine if we'd have done the same :angry:

It the "Dirty Norfurn Scaausers" (as they say down here) for me.

Chelsea (and by that I mean Mourinho) are annoying, so I was relieved that they went out and what Rovers fan wants Man U to win? Couldn't care less about Milan.

Come on the "Scaausers"

Archived