BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

Yeah but in the Inter Fairs Cup only IIRC back in the sixties. The forerunner of the Uefa Cup.

Wolves v Tottenham, Uefa Cup final, 1973. Totttenham won if I remember correctly.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure what you mean mate.

If Rovers had returned tickets for the Champions League semi, we'd have been crucified by the papers. Did you hear about it? I didn't.

Just wanted to say, my god, what I wouldn't give to somehow implant Dirk Kuyt's workrate into Benni Mac's body somehow....

Ooh joy, then we could have someone who scored fewer goals but ran around a lot. And didn't even look as good as Ashley Ward.

If Rovers had returned tickets for the Champions League semi, we'd have been crucified by the papers. Did you hear about it? I didn't.

Unsubstantaited rumours on various phone-ins but has been repeated by some broadcasters. A small point I know but the likes of Talksport would have made slaughtered us in similar circumstances.

I think United get screwed by the officials tonight. I can see UEFA having sleepless nights over two English teams in the finals they just won't have it.

I wanted Liverpool to win and I want an all English final. On a side note, are Chelsea fans the fattest in the league. They kept showing their fans and every one of 'em looked like a damned whale. And they call the yanks fatties bloody hell the Brits are fast catching up.

You know the song they play at the Champions League games, what are the words?

I think it goes...

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONSSSSS,

THE CHAMPIONSSSS,

REJOICE THEM INDEEEED...

THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUEEE!!!!

The reason you probably cant get all the words, is because the song is in 3 different languages!!

http://www.magiaontour.com/videos/UEFA_Cha...cial_theme.html

Chelsea will win the Champions League. In fact, they'll do the treble. However, I've got a feeling in my water that they won't win the FA Cup.

Good thing I didn't take that tip to the bookie. :)

If fact, the only thing they now can win, is the FA Cup. So they probably will.

The atmosphere last night was second to none. Apologies for mentioning Celtic but they hijacked Liverpool's anthem some time ago and have always done it better imo. However Liverpool reclaimed it yesterday and Anfield looked some sight swathed in a red blanket covering three and a half sides of the ground.

Shots of the Kop showed it to be predominantly male in the 20-50 age bracket, stood up and singing throughout. Exactly how football should be. I know all seater stadia on the whole dampen the atmosphere but last night showed how for certain games the old days can be rekindled. And how thoughtful of LFC to recreate the Kop in the redeveloped ground, albeit seated in a single tiered, vast stand. Where did the Stretford End disappear to at Old Trafford, the Shed at Stamford Bridge, the Kipppax at Eastlands, the North Bank at the Emirates or even the Longside at Burnley?

Well done Liverpool. :brfc:

Guest Kamy100

Comical defending buy United and now 2-0 to Milan, United now need a huge performance to get through. The only hope that they have is that history shows that this Milan side have thrown away big leads in the second half.

What a terrible game that was last night. If Liverpool win it again, having never really come close to being Premiership champions, it will make a mockery of the competition.

Tend to agree with that.

Does anyone actually think that Liverpool are that good, or is it more the case that they're really pretty cack but Benitez lives an extremely charmed life at times?

:huh:

The atmosphere last night was second to none. Apologies for mentioning Celtic but they hijacked Liverpool's anthem some time ago and have always done it better imo. However Liverpool reclaimed it yesterday and Anfield looked some sight swathed in a red blanket covering three and a half sides of the ground.

Shots of the Kop showed it to be predominantly male in the 20-50 age bracket, stood up and singing throughout. Exactly how football should be. I know all seater stadia on the whole dampen the atmosphere but last night showed how for certain games the old days can be rekindled. And how thoughtful of LFC to recreate the Kop in the redeveloped ground, albeit seated in a single tiered, vast stand. Where did the Stretford End disappear to at Old Trafford, the Shed at Stamford Bridge, the Kipppax at Eastlands, the North Bank at the Emirates or even the Longside at Burnley?

Fantastic Post.

Well if we were playing burnley in the semis of the champs league, the atmosphere would prob be something to behold of.

Archived