BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The title race could be settled by then so they could play a weakened side (enough to beat Hull you would think but you never know).

I've thought for a while now that the only win I can see Hull getting is on the last day of the season against a weakened Man U. However, I just don't see the other teams threatening us now.

Guest Vinjay606

Kroenke share purchase (Arsenal)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5316687,00.html

The main rival of Kroenke speaks out on transfer policy.

Alisher Usmanov comments...

http://www.eufootball.biz/finance/7085-usm..._transfers.html

Not Premier League as it involves Derby County FC but didn't see any other thread to post it in. This involves a former director and others accused of taking money from the club prior to a takeover in 2003.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Ex-...il/article.html

Tevez linked to Liverpool. Ferguson would be unable to prevent such a move with Tevez only on loan. He wouldn't be able to do what Jack Walker did with Shearer and refuse to sell him to Liverpool (or in Jack's case of course refusing to sell Shearer to Man United)

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...5316166,00.html

From the remaining games I reckon Portsmouth and Newcastle might get 4 points each & Hull and Sunderland just One.each.Any cricket score against us by Chelsea will give me Sleepless nights though..

if hull/Newcastle or Sunderland fail to win on saturday, even a cricket score against Chelsea would not send us down!!!

Guest Kamy100
if hull/Newcastle or Sunderland fail to win on saturday, even a cricket score against Chelsea would not send us down!!!

Sunderland play Portsmouth on Monday evening, so if wHull and Newcastle have won and we have been thrashed at Chelsea then I suspect that Monday evening game will make for nervous viewing. Having said that I think we will be ok come Saturday evening as can't see Hull beating Bolton at the Reebok, they may get a draw but that will still be good enough for us.

Sunderland play Portsmouth on Monday evening, so if wHull and Newcastle have won and we have been thrashed at Chelsea then I suspect that Monday evening game will make for nervous viewing. Having said that I think we will be ok come Saturday evening as can't see Hull beating Bolton at the Reebok, they may get a draw but that will still be good enough for us.

your right, i forgot sunderland don't play till Monday, i still think we be ok come saturday night though!!

I might see if I can get a ticket for the bolton game - wouldnt mind watching that one and seeing exactly how Hull do. Even if they win, I cant see them beating United on the last day to get to 40pts.

Even then if they did - I dont believe we will lose both our remaining 2.

I don't know how some people on here get up in the morning and o to work.

- You might get caught in the bathplug

- You could slip on your grannies knickers on the stairs

- You could choke on a cornflake

- You could get shot as you opened the door of your Audi by a car hijacker

- You might hit a speed bump and brake your steering, veer off hit a bull who could gore you to death (nearly happened to me)

but it won't so we're staying up and thats that.

I think we'll give Chelsea a real game and beat an already relegated WBA 3-0. None of the bottom 4 will win their remaining games. 3 won't win one so we're safe. OK.

- You might hit a speed bump and brake your steering, veer off hit a bull who could gore you to death (nearly happened to me)

I think we'll give Chelsea a real game and beat an already relegated WBA 3-0. None of the bottom 4 will win their remaining games. 3 won't win one so we're safe. OK.

Now we're definitely going down :angry:

Interestingly (and sadly) I there is a distinct probability of Newcastle finishing above us. I can see them beating Fulham at home and with Villa in a poor run of form (since year dot it seems this season!) I wouldn't put it past them taking 3 points from there, too.

We may give Chelsea a run for their money but will we come away with anything?

And I don't think beating West Brom is as easy as some may think.

Anyway, as long as we're safe... Just hoping that this weekend finishes the season for us and we're home and dry. Until then I can't rest to be honest! And I have a feeling that this weekend WON'T be the end of it...

Nah - barcodes have used Viduka quota of games for the season up by now. As fat as he is he made the difference up front last night. Fulham will stop any revival and Villa could just pull one out of the bag. Borough were awful last night.

• Backroom

What, so suddenly Newcastle are a really good team because they beat an awful Boro side? I don't think so. No way they'll turn over Fulham IMO, people don't give them enough credit and still see them as the team that struggled last season.

Newcastle won't beat Villa either. I'd put money on it.

Unfortunately, Hull are so ###### that I can't see them picking up another point all season, meaning the Geordies will scrape safety :angry:

there is a distinct probability of Newcastle finishing above us

Oh come on, you can't honestly believe that. From freefall to winning 3 games in a row? They'll never do it. Add to that we're not allowed to pick up another point.

I'll happily take a wager with you if you do believe it's going to happen.

• Backroom

Hold on a second, why would your Grannies knickers be on your stairs?

Bolton has put a £20 million price tag on Gary Cahill

Didn't know that Arsenal are rumoured to be interested in signing the player. I haven't seen much of him, is he really that good?

Never ever worth that - not even worth half of it yet, but he could be in a couple of years.

I have had enough. Every thread I read is about bloody Vinjay. I am sick to death of it. Someone please notify me via text/facebook when this jerk has been banned so I can return to the site. Thanks

so I didn't instigate this.
and you seem unable to end it so I will.

I shall flick through the last few pages of unrelated rubbish and delete any that aren't on current premiership happens. If you want to debate our rivals open up a thread :unsure:

I believe it COULD happen. Of course it could. If we get beat off Chelsea and Newcastle win a thome against Fulham at the weekend you might agree more with the possibility. If that then happens, are you saying that it's outrageous to think that Newcastle would win at Villa and West Brom could sneak a win at Ewood?

IF Newcastle escape by having won their last 3 games then I'll be astonished but they'll be staying up at someone elses expense not ours. Probably Hull. You're worrying about nothing.

Archived