BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

Hull have to get 6 points as well as overhaul a 6 goal difference to even get near Rovers (and play manure last game) If they won 2 and we lost two, the goal difference would be to their advantage

Boro cant catch us no matter what.

Newcastle have to win both games to equal our points tally. and finish above us

sunderland need 2 wins to finish above us (and play Chelsea last game).one win and one draw is what they need

sleep tight, you will be dream,ing of burnley beating reading next

:unsure:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle the better of 2 poor teams on the night, they will face a lot tougher team in Fulham, still can't see us getting dragged into it due to how bad the teams below us are.

I think it will go to the last day to decide the relagation race, will also be interesting to see what team Man Utd put out against Hull if they have won the title by the time they play each other.

Hull have to get 6 points as well as overhaul a 6 goal difference to even get near Rovers (and play manure last game) If they won 2 and we lost two, the goal difference would be to their advantage

... only if they make up a goal difference of 6 in those games (-18 vs -24).

Summary: WE'RE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kamy100

Relax everyone, we are almost safe. It would take a set of really freak results for us to be involved in this after this weekend, even in the unlikely event that we are then I am confident that we can get what we need against West Brom.

I predicted last week that Shearer would get Newcastle clear by beating Boro and Fulham. Hull in big trouble, as are Sunderland.

• Backroom

I really didn't think Newcastle had it in them... but then again, I didn't expect Boro to be so terrible. How did that team beat Liverpool? How did we not beat them?!

And why was Downing on the right? Why was Tuncay on the left? Why was Marlon king signed in the first place?

Relax everyone, we are almost safe. It would take a set of really freak results for us to be involved in this after this weekend, even in the unlikely event that we are then I am confident that we can get what we need against West Brom.

I predicted last week that Shearer would get Newcastle clear by beating Boro and Fulham. Hull in big trouble, as are Sunderland.

I'm not at all confident that we would get what we needed against the Baggies in the very unlikely event it came down to it.

Hopefully either the Barcodes or Hull will fail to win on Saturday making us mathematically safe.

Looking fairly certain WBA, Boro and Hull will go now I would say.

Put it this way, according to the Guardian, only one bookies is actually giving odds on Rovers being relegated - Betfair at 299/1, same as Bolton - and none are giving odds on us NOT getting relegated.

We're not going to go down, absolutely no way.

Somebody wrote 'stranger things have happened'...I honestly don't believe anything like the sequence of events needed to send us down has ever happened before. Hull, Newcastle, Sunderland and Portsmouth would all need to get to 40 points or more. The odds of it happening are so outrageous, 299-1 doesn't really do it justice to be honest.

• Backroom

I like shearer but i'm going to find the stories of him being some sort of genius hard to swallow, I don't think they are any better under him and will survive based on how truly awful Hull have become.

Guest Vinjay606
I like shearer but i'm going to find the stories of him being some sort of genius hard to swallow, I don't think they are any better under him and will survive based on how truly awful Hull have become.

That's exactly why Shearer took over seeing it as a no lose situation and he would be hailed as a genius if the club survived. Shearer hasn't been beneath telling lies to Newcastle fans in the past so will be pleased to accept the increased adulation that would come his way. That's what he wants.

That's exactly why Shearer took over seeing it as a no lose situation and he would be hailed as a genius if the club survived. Shearer hasn't been beneath telling lies to Newcastle fans in the past so will be pleased to accept the increased adulation that would come his way. That's what he wants.

If Shearer keeps them up he will have done exactly what he was asked to do. Shearer, is a Geordie, simple as that and his club means alot to him, in the same way that the Rovers means something to Bryan Douglas. I think that you are way off the mark with your remark about increased adulation.

Pretty much right. Like the rest of the world, I'd have preferred Newcastle to lose tonight, but when it became clear there was no way on earth they would lose, I switched my attention elsewhere (screen 2 - SU v PNE).

Beggars can't be choosers. We've also needed results to go our way for our own good for the last two months. Celebrating victory against Portsmouth is our only important outcome from this round of fixtures.

If Newcastle stay up it'll be largely down to the same reasons we are staying up. Many thanks to the teams who finally take their places in the bottom 3.

if only boro had the attitude of being hard to beat when they go out, what on earth must southgate be thinking when he names his teams they'd have been better off with huth upfront than the garbage excuses they have for strikers..........it may only have been newcastle who are terrible but when u too are crap u can't go naming so many attacking players away from home and rely on some homeless gypsy lookalike( shawki) to keep it tight.

we are as safe as houses and my only interest in the remainder of the season was seeing the barcodes go down...........i'd bet now that 34pts is enough to stay up...so incensed that boro gave them such a gift :angry:

I'm not at all confident that we would get what we needed against the Baggies in the very unlikely event it came down to it.

3 home wins in a row! I'll happily not beat WBA if it sends Newcastle down, but they have liverpool next.

Rovers are down if they lose by 3 at Chelsea and by 1 v WBA. Hull and Newcastle win both their games and Sunderland win at Pompey and draw v Chelsea and Pompey win at Wigan. Be afraid be very afraid. I always said it would go to the last game - and it will.

Rovers are down if they lose by 3 at Chelsea and by 1 v WBA. Hull and Newcastle win both their games and Sunderland win at Pompey and draw v Chelsea and Pompey win at Wigan. Be afraid be very afraid. I always said it would go to the last game - and it will.

Not going to happen. Hull wont get anything againt Man U. We wont lose against West Brom. Sunderland wont get anything against Chelsea.

Archived