BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Was coming. Boro are absolutely AWFUL. How they beat Liverpool 2-0 I will never, ever know. Deserve to be going down. Hope they can grab something from this, but I can't see it :(

• Backroom

Cue the press hailing Shearer as a genious when in fact he is just very lucky.

The one chance to be rid of them for good is gone.

# southgate u complete tool going too attacking when it was'nt required and in one fell swoop the barcodes stay up and all interest in the relegation issues for the rest of the season die..............no one neutral gives a monkeys if hull boro and west brom go, thats just dull.......everyone neutral wants the barcodes down and a talentless manager goes 3 upfront away from home with 25 to play, southgate u loser.

painful the realisation that 34 pts and a bettr gd will keep them up, could easily see fulham beating them and i don't think villa will let their home support down in the last game.................really annoying the timing of the boro game, draw would have been awesome but a useless clown manager gave them a gift and sealed his own sacking come the summer. so, so, pi$$ed off right now

and now next season when after so many millions of spending they'll finally get it right, finish above us, and their fans will go on about how "the last few seasons have been just a small blip, but this is the "real" Newcastle!" and they'll think themselves kings and Gods of the universe again. "The most passionate and loyal fans" , back "where they deserve", etc, etc.

frakking joke. this season is officially ruined.

You said it RVR

Southgate and Boro heading down down and down.

Shearers already hero status will be elevated to King of the Geordies.

Just hope Roy comes good and beats them leaving a miracle result when Villa lose at Boro and Hull snatch a last minute win at the breezeblock :rolleyes:

• Backroom

Bad bad night, the geordies move towards safety and we are still not guaranteed it.

I just pray we aren't going into the last game with even a 0.5% chance of going down.

• Backroom

Yup only a real tactical god would think to bring a player like Martins on wouldn't he.

Typical BBC journalism

Bad bad night, the geordies move towards safety and we are still not guaranteed it.

I just pray we aren't going into the last game with even a 0.5% chance of going down.

Technically all we need is Newcastle OR Hull to DRAW in their next game and we are safe, regardless of the result against Chelsea, dont panic :rover:

• Backroom

Do you really see Hull or Boro getting anything out of their remaining games? Championship teams going down to the league they belong in.

Do you really see Hull or Boro getting anything out of their remaining games? Championship teams going down to the league they belong in.

Stranger things have happened.

All i know is i want this sewn up before the final game, if we need a point against West Brom to stay up i can see us blowing it.

Hull have to get 6 points as well as overhaul a 6 goal difference to even get near Rovers (and play manure last game)

Boro cant catch us no matter what.

Newcastle have to win both games to equal our points tally.

sunderland need 2 wins to finish above us (and play Chelsea last game).

sleep tight, you will be dream,ing of burnley beating reading next

:unsure:

Technically all we need is Newcastle OR Hull to DRAW in their next game and we are safe, regardless of the result against Chelsea, dont panic :rover:

If Sunderland lose, Newcastle or Hull only draw - we're safe.

southgate is the white paul ince.........this is what sticking with an incomprtent manager gets you, marlon king for petes sake just rank bad

I can't believe he put Downing on the right of midfield and then moved him to left back. He's easily their best player and the team should have been built around him tonight, not the other way round. As good as Johnson is, Downing is a bigger threat and therefore shouldn't be the one being moved to accommodate someone else.

I can't believe people think we aren't safe though. Hull and Newcastle aren't both going to win their last two games. We are fine, this season definitely isn't going to be one of those rare ones that break the sacred '40 points' rule - the teams down there this year simply aren't good enough.

right before newcastles 2nd, boro had tuncay, emnes, king, alladirre, downing, o'neill on the pitch. What a weak as pi$$ midfield where was the defensive cover.

if i was steve gibson i'd be asking southgate to pick a window at this moment...................huge hull fan for the last 2 games now

Archived