BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

United showed last night why they deserve to win the league - because they can grind out results against the poorer teams when not performing that well.

Last night was a perfect example of that - although I do believe Liverpool are getting better at it though and seem to be closing the gap a little.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hull squad has gone away for a few days it seems. They are staying between Ambleside and Windermere, I've just seen some of the coachign staff tonight and loads of people have seen the team bus. Interesting way to get ready for a vital game this weekend.

Hull squad has gone away for a few days it seems. They are staying between Ambleside and Windermere, I've just seen some of the coachign staff tonight and loads of people have seen the team bus. Interesting way to get ready for a vital game this weekend.

They did not fancy Gleneagles then...

There's a theorem in statistics that (roughly) states: if you expect to expect something in the future then you expect that thing now. Maybe that's why there's talk of £20m. :rolleyes:

I dont know about statistics... I would say that is straight forward logic, and perfectly obvious.

Something a bit different from Martin Tyler and Opta.

Records not to be proud of, a couple of players that have been mentioned in, BS shopping list.

Whoop's.

MOST SHOTS PER GOAL

Player Team Goals Attempts

Bentley Tottenham 1 40 :lol: :lol:

Koren West Bromwich 1 40

Ballack Chelsea 1 39

Pedersen Blackburn 1 37

MOST SHOTS WITHOUT A GOAL

Player Team Goals Attempts

Downing Middlesbrough 0 60 :lol: :lol:

Nolan Bolton/Newcastle 0 38

Palacios Wigan/Spurs 0 37

Muamba Bolton 0 32

Givet is ours, he's a happy man and should therefore sign soon enough.

It mentioned in the press this morning that O'Neill wasnt sure if he would have any money this summer, as he think Lerner has been hit with the credit crunch.

Givet is ours, he's a happy man and should therefore sign soon enough.

It mentioned in the press this morning that O'Neill wasnt sure if he would have any money this summer, as he think Lerner has been hit with the credit crunch.

Lerner is pretty OK. But it was a smart move for reducing monetary expectations when the phone calls go out to the clubs where Villa's targets are.

On last night's showing, MK Dons can be added to the list of clubs Leeds wil have problems getting ahead of next season.

Southampton's points deduction might not be that big an issue- Leeds were docked 15 oints and still comfortably made the play-offs last season.

The MK Stadium will be very impressive when they finish it.

I think it may have been the national hockey stadium once, but then the hockey association in their wisdom sold it to the Franchise Firecats leaving hockey without a major stadium. The Franchise Firecats may have moved though, and it is their own stadium, I can't quite remember to be honest.

I love the fact Leeds are down there in the 2nd division. Their fans are arrogant thugs who think they belong in the top division when no team other than those in that division do.

love the fact Leeds are down there in the 2nd division. Their fans are arrogant thugs who think they belong in the top division when no team other than those in that division do.

How the nation would love em to be joined by the mags the season after next! ^_^

I like Zola though. Not West Ham, but Zola seems a decent guy. Mind you I liked Cantona as well, but that might be down to my older sister being a Cantona loving Man Utd fan. Perhaps the teams will end up all over the leagues if the Premiership (sorry Premier League) bubble bursts.

• Backroom
RAFA BENITEZ has taken another swipe at Alex Ferguson, sniping: Winning the title doesn’t mean you are better than us.

Fergie’s Manchester United will make it a hat-trick of crowns with a point against Arsenal today.

But Liverpool chief Benitez said: “It’s the team that has more points, that’s all.

"Sometimes they can be the best at the beginning, in the middle or maybe with consistency, but it just means they have more points.

“It depends on the time of the season. I don’t think I ever said we were playing the best out of everyone, maybe just at certain moments.

“I do have a lot of respect for the other teams, but to say who is the best at one moment is not easy — there are a lot of good teams in the Premier League.”

Yet Benitez thinks the major deciding factor has been United’s greater wealth — plus a stroke of luck here and there.

He added: “Always they spend more than we can spend. If they make mistakes they can use different players. When we won there, they had Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Dimitar Berbatov on the bench."

“Maybe we’d have to bring in some young players without the experience at this level, and that could be the difference.

“And, for example, you look at the home game against Stoke, when we had a goal disallowed in the first minute. That could make a massive difference.

“But I’m really pleased with our season. It’s a pity we don’t have maybe more than we do.

“But if United have more points, it only means they have more points, that’s all, nothing else.”

This man is an idiot, he's really shown himself up this season. More proof as to why i do not want them to win the title.

So the team with the most points are not the best. Errrrrr, OK then :unsure:.

Rafa is making himself look like a right turnip, with this rubbish as well as his lecture a few months ago. Ferguson has cracked another nut. Rafa can go and join Wenger and Keegan in his collection of mentally broken managers.

Archived