BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

Never ever worth that - not even worth half of it yet, but he could be in a couple of years.

There's a theorem in statistics that (roughly) states: if you expect to expect something in the future then you expect that thing now. Maybe that's why there's talk of £20m. :rolleyes:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe it COULD happen. Of course it could. If we get beat off Chelsea and Newcastle win a thome against Fulham at the weekend you might agree more with the possibility. If that then happens, are you saying that it's outrageous to think that Newcastle would win at Villa and West Brom could sneak a win at Ewood?

You said 'distinct probability' which makes it appear you thought it was likely to happen, that makes a little more sense.

But still...I believe it's outrageous to even think that the following conditions will all happen:

Newcastle win their next 2

Hull win their next 2

Sunderland pick up 4 or more points

Portsmouth pick up 2 or more points

Rovers lose their next 2

Honestly, the odds against it happening are so MASSIVE. If anyone genuinely believes all that will happen go and slap a few quid on an accumulator, or take the 299-1 offered for Rovers' relegation on Betfair and become a few grand richer. If you're not prepared to do that then stop trying to ruin the relative comfort these last two games offer for the rational among us, lord knows this season's been hard enough as it is. :)

Honestly, the odds against it happening are so MASSIVE. If anyone genuinely believes all that will happen go and slap a few quid on an accumulator, or take the 299-1 offered for Rovers' relegation on Betfair and become a few grand richer. If you're not prepared to do that then stop trying to ruin the relative comfort these last two games offer for the rational among us, lord knows this season's been hard enough as it is. :)

At those odds, I'd have a conflict of interest.

I never said "I think we'll get relegated", even though it's still a mathematical possibility. I was merely pointing out that Newcastle may well end up finishing above us.

You may also get struck with lightening on your way home tonight and die... whats your point? :lol:

I'm assuming all us pessimists (who aren't mathematically safe yet) are hoping for a ManU win tonight? To keep them interested in the Hull game...

EDIT: Oops - yes, I meant loss. Thank you Phil.

Fantastic first half from Wigan, 1-0 up, the Red Scum and Ronaldo and Vidic in particular in finest foot stamping, toys out of pram mode.

Steve Bruce will be wondering why he hasn't got a similar performance out of his players the last few weeks.

Would luv it if the score stayed the same, just luv it.

If I were a better, I would back Ronaldo to get sent off tonight. And as for Vidic wingeing about the goal, what a puff-he gets away with twice as much every week at Old Trafford.

Agree about Vidic, he's hard as nails normally, gets done legitimately on the goal tonight and he's turned into a right mardarse.

No chance Ronaldo will be sent off, how did he not get booked when he was flagged offside just before H/T?

Decided to try and put the ball in the net anyway, keeper saves it then he has ANOTHER do and lifts it over the bar!

99.99999% of players would have seen yellow for that.

• Backroom

I'm torn about tonights game, I'd rather united win the league than liverpool even if I do dislike them.

Part of me wants united to need a win against Hull but if we were safe I'd like hull to beat united to send newcastle down.

• Backroom

2-1 United

Interestingly when they scored Evra was doing the same hands motions that Fergie criticsed Benitez for making, wonder if there will be complaints this time lol

• Backroom

Wigan are going to struggle hugely next season if they don't invest. Valencia's their only real threat and they're going to lose him. Utd have been running through their defence like a warm knife through butter all game, was a matter of time until Utd's second went in.

Archived