BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul's Progress

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In fact as the insult against me hasn't been removed i'd like to clarify that Manc Rover is a cock.

I'd also like to clarify that I have read Hasta's response to the insult levelled at him by Manc Rover and that he has responded by saying that he is a 'cock'.

Can I also add that if Paul Ince thinks that by matching Keith Andrews against Cesc Fabregas it will nullify the threat of the Spaniard then I regard him in the same way.

I'd also like to clarify that I have read Hasta's response to the insult levelled at him by Manc Rover and that he has responded by saying that he is a 'cock'.

Can I also add that if Paul Ince thinks that by matching Keith Andrews against Cesc Fabregas it will nullify the threat of the Spaniard then I regard him in the same way.

I think that sums up Ince very nicely. Fabregas v Andrews. Hmnnnnnnn. 2 more games.

Who do you actually think would be prepared to come in if we panicked and sacked our current manager after just four or five games?????

Someone who is better? Basically at the moment that would probably be anyone, including the tea lady. There's less shame in admitting you made a mistake and moving on than there is in persisting with it week after week. Happens sometimes with my company. People come in on 3 month trials, and if it's not working, they aren't kept even for that period.

Who do you actually think would be prepared to come in if we panicked and sacked our current manager after just four or five games?????

Well if this Plan B does not work they could always go back to the original Plan A...BFS.

Would there be another Facebook petition this time do you think?

Not pressing the panic button yet as it is only four games in but if there is a Rovers supporter who is not concerned at the moment then you have to ask what is wrong with them.

Simple fact is this is a harsh league. People may be being harsh on Ince after such a short time but that is the pressure of getting things right in this league. If we get caught in a relegation scrap then, as we know, it is a long haul out.

I'm one of those who groan when we appointed Ince and i'm one for sacking/ letting him join newcastle too but i don't think this is the right time to do that.

There are NO managers available right now that i think will be an improvement.

Laudrup and Henk Tat Cate have both gotten new jobs.

Billic has come out to say he's not interested in the west ham job so it's every less likely he'll be interested in us.

Who else is left?

Sam Allardyce? Alan Curbishley? Keagan?

At this point in the season, anyone who's any good would have been employed by now so basically we're left with either the bad or the recently sacked/resigned types.

anyone could kindly shed some light why the "relegation" thread was closed and referred to this thread instead? it was a genuine concern from the fans. i shared this concern too.

I'd guess because it was basically about Paul Ince and the match and there are already threads in which these subjects were being discussed. Too many threads on the same subject become confusing because folks then start posting the same posts on two or more threads and this also uses up bandwidth unnecessarily.

Give Ince a chance, you bunch of hysterical ninnies!

I am the first one to recognise that Ince is showing naivity. Against Arsenal, under NO circumstances (unless you are Real Madrid or Barcelona) do you challenge them to their own game. Arsenal are arguably the best team in the world at end-to-end football. They'll give you opportunities but they will kill you with their lightning pace, movement and slick passing.

The way to play Arsenal is to field two holding midfielders, thus setting up a solid defensive platform for your wingers and forwards to attack from. Ince should not have let Warnock and Reid, in particular, go careering forward. It was suicide.

HOWEVER!!!! This is Arsenal. We always lose - even under Hughes. Souey did the double in the most fortuitous circumstances (Friedel magic).

I admire Ince's commitment to flowing football. He has not excelled in the transfer market, but do people seem to want to sack him for that! Why not let him manage, give him games to prove himself. You don't get awards for "sensational" transfer market dealings - otherwise Spurs would be perennial champions.

I am reading people demanding Ince to be sacked after defeat against Arsenal. Sheer idiocy. It wasn't Ince's finest moment but it was Arsenal. Give him a chance, shove your prejudices back where they belong and judge him objectively - fairly.

I for one will be happier when Ince starts playing Villanueva. I have read that Ince is aware of Hughes' exile treatment of Gamst when he first arrived. I fear that Ince is going in for that nonsense. And it is nonsense because no matter if you think a player is not muscular enough for the Prem, you don't crush his self-belief by denying him a minute of football for weeks and months.

Just to add, in absence of edit, I am not advocating unconditional support for Ince. I think people should give him more games before reaching real conclusions. I'm currently undecided as to Ince's managerial potential - but that's because he's only had four games.

anyone could kindly shed some light why the "relegation" thread was closed and referred to this thread instead? it was a genuine concern from the fans. i shared this concern too.

It will have to reappear soon - bottom three this afternoon. And if stoke / everton is a draw and spurs win - bottom.

Give Ince a chance, you bunch of hysterical ninnies!

I am the first one to recognise that Ince is showing naivity. Against Arsenal, under NO circumstances (unless you are Real Madrid or Barcelona) do you challenge them to their own game. Arsenal are arguably the best team in the world at end-to-end football. They'll give you opportunities but they will kill you with their lightning pace, movement and slick passing.

The way to play Arsenal is to field two holding midfielders, thus setting up a solid defensive platform for your wingers and forwards to attack from. Ince should not have let Warnock and Reid, in particular, go careering forward. It was suicide.

HOWEVER!!!! This is Arsenal. We always lose - even under Hughes. Souey did the double in the most fortuitous circumstances (Friedel magic).

I admire Ince's commitment to flowing football. He has not excelled in the transfer market, but do people seem to want to sack him for that! Why not let him manage, give him games to prove himself. You don't get awards for "sensational" transfer market dealings - otherwise Spurs would be perennial champions.

I am reading people demanding Ince to be sacked after defeat against Arsenal. Sheer idiocy. It wasn't Ince's finest moment but it was Arsenal. Give him a chance, shove your prejudices back where they belong and judge him objectively - fairly.

I for one will be happier when Ince starts playing Villanueva. I have read that Ince is aware of Hughes' exile treatment of Gamst when he first arrived. I fear that Ince is going in for that nonsense. And it is nonsense because no matter if you think a player is not muscular enough for the Prem, you don't crush his self-belief by denying him a minute of football for weeks and months.

I know your trying to do the right thing and back Ince but i promise you your wasting your time and the sooner you realise what a huge mistake appointing Ince was the better, when you sign a lower league manager and lower league players you get relegated, FACT. He is completely useless in the transfer market, doesn't inspire any of the players hence the average players MH made look good now look rubbish. You can say what you want about me but we're doomed under Ince, I'm sure by xmas we will all be aware of this. Looking at all the premiership teams there are only 2 teams i can hand on heart say we have a better squad than.

Archived