BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul's Progress

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who were the silly people who started a petition against the appointment of SAM, they should hang their heads in shame, we have ended up with real problems now and I am surprised we have as many points as we have at the moment! <_<

Daft pimply know-nowt adolescents on some teen site called 'facebook' I think. Even dafter our Chairman gave em credence. :rolleyes:

Give Ince a chance, you bunch of hysterical ninnies!

HOWEVER!!!! This is Arsenal. We always lose - even under Hughes. Souey did the double in the most fortuitous circumstances (Friedel magic).

How often can we keep saying we always get beat off west ham, Arsenal?

its the most stupid comment ever! Why do we bother playing if we always

get beat!

The fact is were getiing beat and conceding 4 goals!Nelsen and Samba are awful

and one of them needs to be dropped!All four goals consisted of bad defending!

People suggest that Hughes didn't get off to the best of starts, but let's get some perspective here. Hughes had inherited Souness' mess, and the transfer window was already closed. His job was to rebuild the side and ensure we didn't get relegated.

Ince on the otherhand takes over a top 7 side, sells our two best players, one of which hasn't been replaced, and then uses the transfer window to sign lower division journeymen. He's also ripped out our fighting spirit, as we bend over and let sides like Arsenal screw us in the jacksy.

One of the key things when you do not have the resources, is to be organised, difficult to beat and be physical/fit.

That why I worry when I keep hearing about the type of football Ince 'wants his team to play'. It just does not work like that, unless you have decent money to bring in top class attacking players. Bolton in the past and even Everton, base their success on being difficult to beat!!

On yesterday, I do think we need to take into account that Nelsen and Santa for example, had very long trips to their respective countries, therefore the sharpness may not have been there as a result.

This time next week after a defeat against rejuvenated Fulham and upcoming matches including MU, I suspect most of the "Ince must stay" brigade will be hoping Fatboy and Ratface come in to take him off our hands. But by then even those Charlies will have realised his appointment would only add to their problems.

I sense a return to 4-5-1 might well be our best hope again. RSC is obviously better equipped than Dickov to play that way.

Couldn't agree more, 451 covers the cracks so to say. I also want to stop all this floating the ball up to the front line, we are so cheap in possession.

The article about winterburn does not fill me with joy, if he's here, he's here. I'm not sure from the interview whether he has had any time with them or not. I find that situation a bit perplexing at the moment

That would be the fighting spirit that let sides like Birmingham, Wigan and Coventry screw us just as hard would it?

Hughes out!

Way hey! Three top ten finishes and signing gems like David Bentley and Roque Santa Cruz.

Hughes out!!

It's easy to cherry pick results in order to prove a point, isn't it?

We haven't had the fighting spirit for 2 years now. Another example: but for Brad, United would have hammered us 6-1 at home last season, and that's just in the 2nd half. Our defence has been folding like a Walmart tent for quite a while now.

We haven't had the fighting spirit for 2 years now. Another example: but for Brad, United would have hammered us 6-1 at home last season, and that's just in the 2nd half. Our defence has been folding like a Walmart tent for quite a while now.

You mean to say the goalkeeper did his job!? :o

Ince takes over a club that finished seventh in the Premier and would think that he was taking over a solid all round squad. You can't blame him for thinking that.

We all know different, don't we.

I think the penny will well and truly have started to drop by now.

Anyone who thinks it would be any different with Hughes here is just plain barking.

Biggest mistake, was not selling bents and Friedel. The biggest mistake ince has made, has been changing our style of play. The 1st thing he should have done, was to consolidate the team's performances from last season. It seems the fighting spirit has disappeared. As much as Mokoena is terrible at passing, he would have disrupted those Arsenal passes, and he would have showed alot of heart and courage.

People suggest that Hughes didn't get off to the best of starts, but let's get some perspective here. Hughes had inherited Souness' mess, and the transfer window was already closed. His job was to rebuild the side and ensure we didn't get relegated.

Ince on the otherhand takes over a top 7 side, sells our two best players, one of which hasn't been replaced, and then uses the transfer window to sign lower division journeymen. He's also ripped out our fighting spirit, as we bend over and let sides like Arsenal screw us in the jacksy.

Is that the same fighting spirit that got us beat 6-2 against Arsenal, or the one at Coventry, Larissa. West Ham away etc? Just as people gave Hughes a chance then, Ince deserves a chance now.

The two top players you mentioned handed in transfers during the Hughes era (as well as Roberts, ooijer and The Axe), are you blaming Ince for that? Ince has had ONE month to set up a scouting network to replace a £15 million pound player, not much of an ask is it?

"journeymen" would imply more than one, Bunn is 24 years old, hardly a journeyman and he is a number 2... Brown was bought from which club?

Grella- Serie A for most of his career

Carlos- Chilean Player of the year

Robinson- England number 2

Simpson- Man United youngster

Fighting spirit? Did you watch the Everton game, have you heard the players speak about the current regime, 99% has been positive,

So what you say is complete nonsense is it not?

Ince has had ONE month to set up a scouting network to replace a £15 million pound player, not much of an ask is it?

No it is not! 1 month is a long time to find a replacement! Nost people can name decent right wingers for under 15million. He shouldnt even need a god damn scout!

Grella- Serie A for most of his career

Carlos- Chilean Player of the year

Robinson- England number 2

Simpson- Man United youngster

You are missing some accolades out there:

Andrews - as league 2 player of the year

Fowler - player of the year 1995

Is that the same fighting spirit that got us beat 6-2 against Arsenal, or the one at Coventry, Larissa. West Ham away etc? Just as people gave Hughes a chance then, Ince deserves a chance now.

Again, you're just cherry picking results. What about all the other times we rattled the top four and won no favours from the likes of Arsene Wenger and Mourinho? That's the dogged stuff we should show against the bigger sides, but Ince thought we could play them at their own game. How can a guy on the street know this doesn't work but a paid professional doesn't?

The two top players you mentioned handed in transfers during the Hughes era (as well as Roberts, ooijer and The Axe), are you blaming Ince for that? Ince has had ONE month to set up a scouting network to replace a £15 million pound player, not much of an ask is it?

I'm talking about Bentley & Friedel. The Gareth Barry saga has proven you can keep hold of your best players, so we should have kept hold of Bentley until we could at least scouted an alternative. It's no good having the money if you've sod all to spend it on. If Bentley had sulked and underperformed, it would have been counter-productive for his own career.

Friedel was positive about Ince's appointment. Then out of the blue, he leaves the club he's been at for years.

"journeymen" would imply more than one, Bunn is 24 years old, hardly a journeyman and he is a number 2... Brown was bought from which club?

Keith Andrews is a lower league journeyman who has never been made it at the top level. You have to ask yourself why. After awhile, players end up finding their level but Ince is trying to wreck the equilibrium.

Robbie Fowler is a journeyman. Passed from Leeds > Man City > Liverpool > Cardiff, and he struggled with fitness throughout.

Fighting spirit? Did you watch the Everton game, have you heard the players speak about the current regime, 99% has been positive

You mean the game before the underachieving draw against Hull, the thrashing at West Ham, and the capitulation against Arsenal?

So what you say is complete nonsense is it not?

no u.

No matter how good the performance on the opening day of the season the reality is that subsequent results have taken us into the bottom three. We are now a club that is faced with the very real danger of relegation - as are over half the division in fairness. We cannot cling to the belief that we are too good to go down - how well I remember that mentality leading to disaster in 65-66 season. The simple fact is that we have slipped out of the group of clubs chasing a UEFA Cup place into the group below - the one that occupies the bottom half of the table and who can easily slip into the relegation battle given a poor run of results.

I found the most worrying aspect of yesterday to be the manner in which we approached the game. The tactic of pressing the opposition, which Hughes adopted so successfully, was abandoned in favour of an approach which allowed Arsenal to dictate the game at walking pace. Nor was this the Arsenal side of old - as Fulham proved. Yet, they were able to beat us by four clear goals without having to raise their game at any point. Our performance yesterday was substandard and no amount of cherry picking poor results from Mark Hughes time at the club will change that fact. Ultimately, Hughes brought a period a stability and success to Ewood Park and for that we must be grateful. I suspect it will be some time before the Rovers are in a position to qualify for Europe again, let alone do it in two successive seasons.

The task that Ince now faces is different and the loss of Friedel and Bentley means that the main priority must be Premier League survival. We have conceded 11 goals in just 4 games and clearly that is relegation form. As one would expect with such an inexperienced manager he has already made mistakes and his activity in the transfer market has done little to ease concerns about his ability.

Ultimately, he must be given time to prove he can lift the club to a mid-table position but if results don't improve the amount of time he is given is going to be open to debate. At the end of the day Premier League survival is the only thing that matters.

Ince takes over a club that finished seventh in the Premier and would think that he was taking over a solid all round squad. You can't blame him for thinking that.

We all know different, don't we.

I think the penny will well and truly have started to drop by now.

Anyone who thinks it would be any different with Hughes here is just plain barking.

I partly agree with your overall assessment; It was becoming increasingly obvious last season ( despite a 7th placed finish) that the squad even under Hughes desperately needed freshening up. Hughes made several public appeals for some money in which to improve the squad which fell on deaf ears & was one of the sole reasons he desperately wanted out of the club.

Whilst, I believe that Hughes would be struggling to match a 7th placed finish this season with rovers. I do believe that he would be performing better in both the transfer market and on the pitch. I mean Andrews & Fowler as signings when we desperately need a replacement RW :rolleyes:

Most posters on here could up with a realistic dozen man short-list to replace Bentley, yet it seems increasingly obvious that Ince’s knowledge of the top level is vague at best. This is where Hughes had the advantage over Ince- He would of replaced Bentley with a player of comparative ability much the same he did with Ferguson & Bellamy.

Again, you're just cherry picking results. What about all the other times we rattled the top four and won no favours from the likes of Arsene Wenger and Mourinho? That's the dogged stuff we should show against the bigger sides, but Ince thought we could play them at their own game. How can a guy on the street know this doesn't work but a paid professional doesn't?

WE HAVE FACED ONE TEAM IN TOP 4 AND LOST, BUT BEATEN A TEAM CONSISTANTLY IN THE TOP 5, SURELY YOU CAN JUDGE INCE ONCE WE HAVE FACED ALL THE TOP TEAMS NOT ONE?

I'm talking about Bentley & Friedel. The Gareth Barry saga has proven you can keep hold of your best players, so we should have kept hold of Bentley until we could at least scouted an alternative. It's no good having the money if you've sod all to spend it on. If Bentley had sulked and underperformed, it would have been counter-productive for his own career.

Friedel was positive about Ince's appointment. Then out of the blue, he leaves the club he's been at for years.

BENTLEY THREW A STROP AND WAS UNPROFESSIONAL, THIS WOULD HAVE UNDERMINED INCES CREDIBILITY IN THE EYES OF THE PLAYERS IF HE HAD STAYED, BARRY IS A PROFESSIONAL AND COMMITTED HIS FUTURE TO VILLA ONCE LIVERPOOL FAILED TO AGREE A FEE.

FRIEDEL GOT OFFERED A LOT OF MONEY BY VILLA AND HE WENT, HE HAD OFCOURSE HANDED IN A TRANSFER REQUEST BY THE TIME THE BLUES GAME ENDED- SURELY YOU SHOULD QUESTION HUGHES MOTIVATION FOR MOVING TO MAN CITY? I THINK HE WENT BECAUSE HE KNEW HALF A DOZEN KEY PLAYERS WERE UNHAPPY WITH HIM AND HE COULD NOT GET US INTO THE TOP 10 THIS SEASON.

Keith Andrews is a lower league journeyman who has never been made it at the top level. You have to ask yourself why. After awhile, players end up finding their level but Ince is trying to wreck the equilibrium.

ANDREWS HAS BEEN GIVEN A CHANCE BY INCE, HE HAS COST US £500K, WOULD YOU RATHER THAT OR £4 MILLION ON CASTILLO WHO IS AN UNKNOWN (PLAYED DIRE FOR EVERTON TODAY BY THE WAY)

Robbie Fowler is a journeyman. Passed from Leeds > Man City > Liverpool > Cardiff, and he struggled with fitness throughout.

YOU SAID LOWER LEAGUE JOURNEYMEN, PLURAL. I THINK YOU WILL FIND FOWLER HAS SPENT ONE SEASON IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE FOR EVERY OTHER SEASON- THIS IS NOT A JOURNEYMAN, HE MAY HAVE STRUGGLED WITH HIS FITNESS BUT HE HAS SCORED GOALS WHEREVER HE HAS GONE AND WE HAVE SIGNED HIM ON A PAY AS YOU PLAY FFS!!

You mean the game before the underachieving draw against Hull, the thrashing at West Ham, and the capitulation against Arsenal?

WE BEAT EVERTON, DRAW AT HOME AGAINST HULL (WHO BEAT NEWCASTLE AWAY YESTERDAY), GOT BEATED 4-1 AGAINST WEST HAM (BUT LOST EVERY TIME WE WENT THERE WITH HUGHES) AND THEN GOT BEATEN BY A WORLD CLASS OUTFIT LIKE ARSENAL (WHO AGAIN WE HAVE NOT BEATEN IN THE LEAGUE UNDER HUGHES)

no u.

AT LEAST WRITE IN CORRECT ENGLISH.

Archived