BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

cn174

thats why i dnt think roberts deserves his place in the team! i have always said this so dont think im just saying it because hes just missed 1 chance, id rather have derbyshire in as i think he will score more than roberts ever will, roberts needs 5 chances to get 1 goal!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reflections so far:

Rovers are playing all the football. Tugay is excellent although he faded a bit as the game went on. Samba excellent and Nelsen has put in 2 first class tackles/interceptions. Oojer doing well against Davies.

Robinson made an outstanding save ............he was going left and then had to rapidly dive full length to his right to palm it round the post.

Some good dead ball delivery from Carlos and even Bert. Roberts should have scored with his head from a peach of a delivery from Bert.

Earlier, Carlos received the ball on the edge of the box and quickly adjusted to fire a shot that grazed the crossbar.

All in all a good performance but we need some teeth up front. Roberts just isn't good enough and Robbie has been given his chance but it is time for Derbyshire or Benni.

Am I the only person enjoying this game?

43% of the play in Bolton's defensive 1/3rd. 6 shots to their 3, 4 corners to their 2. Davies completely nullified by Ince playing Ooijer at LB - something the sages on here would never have thought of.

Sure Roberts and Samba should have scored, but I think we are looking good

Roll on the 2nd half

Am I the only person enjoying this game?

43% of the play in Bolton's defensive 1/3rd. 6 shots to their 3, 4 corners to their 2. Davies completely nullified by Ince playing Ooijer at LB - something the sages on here would never have thought of.

Sure Roberts and Samba should have scored, but I think we are looking good

Roll on the 2nd half

No No No.............I am enjoying the game very much. I watched the corresponding fixture last year in a pub in London and I had invited some mates to join me..........Yes we won..............but it was turgid!

This time we are playing football..................Carlos has grown into the game I think. Ince looks relaxed so far.

the goal from either side was on the edge of the knife, especially for us at the end, but never went in. With a better formation from Ince we could have won this. We're not going to progress with results like these.

Benni was great after he came on, I really, really don't understand why we don't play him.

the goal from either side was on the edge of the knife, especially for us at the end, but never went in. With a better formation from Ince we could have won this. We're not going to progress with results like these.

Benni was great after he came on, I really, really don't understand why we don't play him.

Because he is an unfit, lazy, fat lump of lard.

hi,

I need to know I have seen all the time people referring to it as the breezeblock stadium I don't get that joke can someone explain it to me?

Because Breezeblock sounds a little bit like Reebok. It's not that good a joke really. When built, ten years ago it was a state-of-the-art stadium. It's not too shabby now. Oh, and it least it's finished. B)

Hillbillys - sheesh! ;)

Roberts wasn't amazing today and although McCarthy looked much better when he came on I couldn't see him playing like that for 90 minutes.

A shame Villaneuva didn't get to stay on for longer too. I think I would've preferred Derbyshire to replace Fowler who did bugger all.

Some great defending today too, can't remember them putting a foot wrong! And Tugay was excellent too.

I think a draw was the right result, considering all the chances that Bolton had. We got quite lucky on a few corners.

Because Breezeblock sounds a little bit like Reebok. It's not that good a joke really. When built, ten years ago it was a state-of-the-art stadium. It's not too shabby now. Oh, and it least it's finished. B)

Hillbillys - sheesh! ;)

Hillbillies? Is this a Burnley board?

Oh, I see you mean US :rolleyes: I suppose that makes us a bit like you Moor dwelling Pigs from "slaughtered lamb" terriory.

Ya F***** goat.

i thought we were excellent in defence today, nelsen and samba had their best games for a while and i thought ince got his tactics spot on having ooijer at left back to take care of davies who was frustrated all game. simpson done well and also got forward when he could.

first clean sheet for robinson which must be a confidence boost and made a cracking save.

our midfield was very competitive and tugay's skills were top class. the only problem with having tugay and warnock in the centre is they both sit and we don't have a runner going into the box late.

carlos was unlucky to hit the bar and although didn't play brilliantly, i was gutted he was taken off because if a goal was going to come, he would of been involved. emerton was one of our better players, worked hard and put in some decent crosses.

up front we were awful, we missed rocky badly! roberts and fowler looked out of their depth and were drowning in the rain! the header from jase was not one of a premiership striker. on the plus side benni looked really good when he come on, maybe he's hungry for it again.

A bit disappointed we didn't win, but to score you need to have shots on target and we had none even though we made the better chances.

i thought we were excellent in defence today, nelsen and samba had their best games for a while and i thought ince got his tactics spot on having ooijer at left back to take care of davies who was frustrated all game. simpson done well and also got forward when he could.

first clean sheet for robinson which must be a confidence boost and made a cracking save.

our midfield was very competitive and tugay's skills were top class. the only problem with having tugay and warnock in the centre is they both sit and we don't have a runner going into the box late.

carlos was unlucky to hit the bar and although didn't play brilliantly, i was gutted he was taken off because if a goal was going to come, he would of been involved. emerton was one of our better players, worked hard and put in some decent crosses.

up front we were awful, we missed rocky badly! roberts and fowler looked out of their depth and were drowning in the rain! the header from jase was not one of a premiership striker. on the plus side benni looked really good when he come on, maybe he's hungry for it again.

A bit disappointed we didn't win, but to score you need to have shots on target and we had none even though we made the better chances.

I agree with that. Fowler was awful, really awful. I hope I never see him play from the start again. Ooijer kept Davies very quiet which I guess was the entire point of playing him in the left back position. A better manager might have changed formation but Megson didn't.

A view from the home end !!!

Zulu, from the West Stand Lower this is my take on the match, the fans and the whole day out.

Firstly, your set of fans have as many morons as Rovers.

Secondly, your Greenhalgh pies are simply disgusting and the beer is flat.

Thirdly, the seats are uncomfortable whils tthe clientel around me were not exactly overborne with brain matter !

I survived to tell the tale, I didnt need to move because I dont think there was anyone around me intelligent enough to hold a conversation with, apart from myself that is ;) .

So, the game. I thought it was a typical hard fought derby game of the old style, I mean from the 80's. Blood and thunder tackles, players not whingeing and getting on with it, the ref trying his best to let it flow and a game where two teams wanted to win.

Chances were at a premium and those that presented themselves were squandered by both teams.

Guilty parties, Roberts and OBrien. Two highly paid individuals missed from 3 yards out with clear headers.

Rovers, my view and agreed by Den as it was his comments on the way back home, is that Rovers had too many playing out of position. I can understand why Ooijer played at left back to nullify Fatboy,a job he did so comfortably well. I can understand why Carlos was given an outing.

What I cant understand is what was Robbie Fowler on the pitch for. Anonymous, losing ball after ball, passing to Bolton players and not winning any 50/50 tackles ! Instantly with him on the pitch, we had a 10 man Rovers team versus 11 of Bolton.

Tactics were probably right and although I thought we shaded it I was happy to come away with a draw and a point.

so then onto the big issue.

Bolton made so much noise in the build up to this game about FANZONE and have ranted and raved through the media about how successful it has been. excuse me Bolton, where was it today ?

Only a mere 24000 decided to make it to the game, vast spaces in the home ends, particularly the Nat Lofthouse Stand. shame on you Bolton and with the promise of a free pint as well !!

The so called singing area ? Where was it exactly ? Rovers fans comforatably outsung and outshoute the home support, infact they drowned out any noise prompted by the winkers with ease.

sorry to upset you Zulu, but I expected you to at least meet me for a pint but you failed miserably.

Big up for the Rovers travelling support. You sounded and looked good and if we get a mention on MOTD you will undoubtedly sound loud and proud.

Now for the Middlesboro backlash ?? :mellow:

Archived