BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

cn174

we didnt create many chances because it was like we played with 10 men. Fowler was out of the game and when he got the ball he lost it. The rovers fans rightly booed the decision by ince to keep Fowler on and take off Carlos. He is a quality player, you can see that. He creates chances out of nothing much and has the skill and ability to take on and release the ball. Fowler was way too slow and to be selected infront of Benni and Matt was a huge mistake, and ince knows it. Thats why he tried to defend the decision to play him.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we didnt create many chances because it was like we played with 10 men. Fowler was out of the game and when he got the ball he lost it.

Ince: "But he (Fowler) didn't get the chance because of the way I wanted him to play, he was a little more reserved, dropping off into the midfield but he got 70-odd minutes under his belt, he's got that experience, he keeps the ball and is always a threat."

lol.

None whatsoever with that sort of attitude. :huh:

For heaven's sake den, you've been like a big kid since the new manager took over, anyone disagrees with what you say, or the general tenor of your postings you take your bat and ball home!

Is that not similar to what you're doing in reverse Simon?

I try to post in the match topics and not on Ince in general yet whenever I give an honest assessment of what I've seen it's looked upon as anti Ince. I'm beginning to wonder if there's a point.

Anyway guys no shots on target in 90 minutes against a poor side, hot on the heels of the United 'performance', it's all good stuff.

We were queueing at the ticket office at Leyland, for train tickets to the Reebok. Two young rovers supporters, one in a bright orange top were in front of us, asking what platform the train left from. They were told "platform four". One of the lads wanted to book the tickets there and then, while his mate was clearly didn't want to. Anyway they left without their tickets. We got ours and went down the steps onto the platform.

After we had been waiting around 5 minutes, the two lads crept onto the platform via a side gate, obviously they were going to get onto the train without paying. Shortly afterwards, a booming tannoy announcement came over, onto the small station. "An announcement for anyone waiting on platform four for the train to Manchester, via Horwich Parkway;- The train will be eight minutes late". There was a short pause, then "which gives the lad in the orange top, time to get up here and buy a ticket"

Fabulous. :D The platform was in raptures.

Pro-Ince stance? Have you read what I posted because you haven't quoted me fully have you? Have another read and then come back and say my stance is pro-Ince. You also seem to think that I think it was a good game, I don't think that as I posted but it wasn't as bad as you made it out to be. Nowhere near that bad in fact.

Ivan, I never said you thought it was a 'good' game you said we played decent and that it was not as bad as some are making out. If you read my post properly you'd have seen that. However, if you think that playing 'decent' constitutes no shots on target then be my guest.

Can anyone give me a link to a Sunday newspaper report that gives an impression of a good, or even decent game? I've only read two but no joy so far.

Oh and I didn't quote you fully cos you were feverishly editing your original post after my posting was 'live', as you will see if you check the times.

The 2.19pm train from Chorley never appeared Den-Could the two lads be to blame?

Glad we got the 13:13 from Leyland then Ozz.

It really was funny though. The lads took it all in their stride mind. Carried on for a while as if it was nothing to do with them, then realised there was no-one else with a bright orange top on. Slunk off to buy a ticket then.

TBH, it was nearly as funny as Baz "inserting" the lad in front of us in the ground, who insisted on standing up in front of us all the game, back, firmly into his seat. :D

Is that not similar to what you're doing in reverse Simon?

I try to post in the match topics and not on Ince in general yet whenever I give an honest assessment of what I've seen it's looked upon as anti Ince. I'm beginning to wonder if there's a point.

I think there is a point, in that I enjoy what you write and I more often than not agree with you.

The 2.19pm train from Chorley never appeared Den-Could the two lads be to blame?

There wasn't any room on the 1:56, so I was waiting at Aggy for the 2:19 from Chorley. I gave up at 2:30 and went back home for the car. Missed the first ten minutes.

Typical derby game, not much in it I thought although the game did seem to pass me by. I still have the feeling it was two points lost.

Oh and I didn't quote you fully cos you were feverishly editing your original post after my posting was 'live', as you will see if you check the times.

Actually, I posted then went and had a shower then came back and edited my post. I had no idea you had posted as you had no idea I had edited my post in the first place. The effects of timings on this board.

What is the implication of the word 'feverishly' anyway? Is that meant to indicate my 'pro-Ince' stance? By editing my post and posting what I think of Fowler and Inces involvement, do you think I'm trying to justify what I think? I'm still giving Ince the chance to prove he can cut it so that can be taken as pro-Ince if you like. I think he's ballsed up regarding Fowler from what I've seen of him but I've only seen the one extended period from Fowler so I'm not deciding yet. Fowler was awful yesterday, truly awful and his play cost us some good positions and what might have developed into good chances. That's not doing Ince any favours but a lot of other things Ince has done and is working on is showing Ince has something.

I thought it was a good game too. Well fought. More so than previous Bolton games. Ince wanted Rovers to carry on playing football and that was always going to be hard task at Bolton who were up for it. They beat West Ham last week 3-1 a team we lost to 4-1. We had 55% possession and territorial advantage across all the papers and didn't resort to lumping it either. I for one am well pleased. It carries on from the Man U game.

Rovers fans who yearn for the pre-Ince days watching us hoof it, have just 45% possession (or less) and reminisce about some dodgy 1-0 (like they were watching Brazil just because we won!!), know nothing about football.

It was an end to end game, no quarter asked, no quarter given. Rovers put a lot of good moves together to attain the level of advantage they succeeded in achieving. Not many teams will gain that level of advantage at the Reebok this year. Like United the only problem we have had is the final 3rd. Roberts, Fowler, Derbyshire aren't competing at this level. Apart fro that we are doing well despite some injuries. Also on a positive note; Benni looked much better when he came on.

Andrews again looked accomplished. Winning tackles and driving forward. He always seems to get up to support the strikers feeding them good balls. I think he will mature into a decent player for Rovers.

Rovers fans who thought that was a poor performance obviously are living on a diet of sour lemons over Ince's appointment. Anti Ince, anti Andrews anti Fowler anti Carlos now.....

I also think that come next years fixture at the Reebok. 4 or 5 of those players won't be playing. I also like Ince afterwards saying publicly that Roberts miss was a bad one and we can't miss those. If we want to be a genuine top 6 team, (not a fake top 4 one under Mark Hughes), then Ince has grasped the issue. You have to play football to gain the upper hand. Teams that gain the upper hand might not win every game but come the end of the 38th game they will have succeeded more than the clowns who hoof it.

Please, somebody, do something about Fowler. Soon.

Look on the brightside Mum. If he is infact on a performance related pay deal, after yesterday he probably owes those of you that went to the game a few quid :tu:

Anyway guys no shots on target in 90 minutes against a poor side, hot on the heels of the United 'performance', it's all good stuff.

That "poor side" stuffed West 'aaaam away in the previous game.

I've got to say I'm a little disappointed with the quality of our performances after being so good on the opening day, but we're currently ninth which I think is quite creditable after a massive upheaval in the wake of the departure of Hughes and the entire coaching staff.

Deal with reality, RevidgeBlue. We were awful.

Don't know why I'm bothering replying to such a blatant troll but if you insist:

We got a point away from home with a performance that was probably neither the best nor the worst.

We also currently lie ninth in the table.

We should put this game in perspective.As a spectacle this fixture always seems promising but never delivers. Its almost always an embarassing advert for the Premier League. This game between us was actually better than some I've witnessed. My "complaint" is about the result which was down to selections and positions.

I didnt think it was as bad a game as people have said.We could have and should of won it but the piggied could have as well.Dont know whose miss was worse roberts or the bolton one in the 1st half when they blazed over from the 6 yard line.As has been asked wtf was ince doing picking fowler instead of matty.Benni seems to have shed a few pounds too.Back to fowler I think he touched the ball 3 times and gave it to a white shirt three times.Tell you what i never heard as many boos at the substitions for long long while ,I was shocked at how many there were.The first was truly baffling.SAS are you sober yet hahaaha???

Where do you think we'll finish this season Rev?

A lot might depend on the January transfer activity and whether RSC is sold then but all things being equal, I'd say tenth to twelth.

I don't think we're performing significantly better or worse than in the last twenty eight games of last season under Hughes really, and our points ratio is similar or better than in that period as well.

Archived