BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview

MCMC1875

To be honest I don't even think Carlos has had that much of a chance to show what he can do. The one game I remember him starting was Bolton away in which he didn't disgrace himself, I thought he'd have been kicked all round the park.

Angel only came good for Villa are a season or so.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There must be something wrong with Villanueva in training, or we just dont fancy him as a player. I have to say, i didnt see anything wrong whenever he has played,maybe just that he is a bit light weight.

Big Sam has to go with experience before flair - if he can get the likes of Pederson etc playing at their best, then that will be good enough to keep Rovers in the prem. Hard game today in my view.

i think this ref wants to send off mccarthy today.

God knows how he can book benni for that and then not even give a free kick when nosworthy clatters straight through the back of him.

Playing quite well, looking better at the back and Robinson looks top draw today, a couple of great takes from dangerous crosses.

Yep Reid is a danger....but a bit of a porker as you say.

Robinson has been decisive and solid.

Defence has been good I think but 2 players again went for the same ball in the box and nearly let Jones in.

Dunn and Andrews disappointing.

Lots of long balls and we haven't won any of them!!

Roberts and McCarthy have been no threat at all so far.

McCarthy was offside for most of the promising balls but he was badly fouled at the end and no whistle from the ref.

Pedersen offers nothing going forward as usual.

Can't grumble about the effort....but the quality is missing.

(Watching live in Oz).

0-0 HT, i think Sam will be happy with that scoreline going into half-time.

Just been checking out the stats of that first half, over 80% of our attacking moves have come from central areas. I'd look to change that a bit in the second half otherwise our play will become predictable and easy to defend against.

Worried Benni is going to get sent off after the stupid yellow card the ref gave.

We need to win this game.

40 points will be nowhere near enough this year. We still need a lot of wins.

My feeling too. This morning I thought it'd be great to keep the points ticking over with perhaps a draw, but after seeing the Hammers thump Pompey and Citeh doing Hull over, you feel that we need a win here.

Archived