SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview

MCMC1875

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Very disappointed, if I'm being honest, we needed to beat them. A draw is just not good enough, and I think if we do go down it will be results against dross like Sunderland that doom us. They didn't even have a shot on target did they?

Positives: Clean sheet, 2nd in a row. Got a point.

Negatives: We can't score. Our midfield is useless without Dunn. Jason Roberts - get rid. He's cost us 2 points today by missing an open goal, and is not premiership class in any way, shape or form. We desperately need a right winger, and a left winger too, as MGP might as well not be there.

Sadly more negatives than positives, not confident of staying up right now. We must, must buy in January. We will not survive with this squad.

Can't believe how gutted I feel right now, it's almost like we lost. :(

What have you done Jason Roberts. What have you done. What have you done.

He needs to apologize to every one of his team mates and every single Rovers fan on the stadium. Then he should go back to the training ground and practice scoring at an open net until he wears down 5 pairs of shoes. At 11:59 PM December 31st he should still be out there shooting, because that miss will go down as one of the most unforgivable ones I have seen in my life. Absolutely murdered us out of 3 points.

Draw is a fair result when you look at all the play and to get a clean sheet against a side that has scored 8 goals in its last two games is a decent effort. At the same time you can't help but feel slightly gutted that it could have been all three points.

Man of the match for me was between Nelsen and Robbo, i think Nelsen slightly shades it for me. He didn't make many mistakes and made several key interceptions and tackles, his best game for a while IMO.

That has to be one of the all time great misses.

I was just thinking that the two players on the Rovers side lacking Premier League class were Andrews and Roberts and Jason went and did that.

Nelsen was absolutelt magnificent but there were great performances all round including from Benni, MGP and Bert. Gutted for Dunny- he looked inconsolable coming off.

Ugh- that miss. I am still in a state of shock. At least we have the sheer class of RSC to come back.

Apart from that, today has re-enforced that there was only ever one thing wrong with Blackburn Rovers this season:

INCE

Archived