BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sell Out At The Emirates

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks a lousy result but the only important thing is that we stay up. Our strength in depth is poor and when you have injuries to key players you are going to get this kind of result.

The Club and Sam knows what they have to do in the Summer.My concern is that we wont get 19 million for Roque,especially if Villa goes to City, and we may struggle to attarct quality unless Sam can do his magic.

A note about Diouf. We know what he is about ,but he was one of the few players that stayed in the game and got us a couple of good free kicks outside the area. We wasted them of course. If Diouf is what it takes to keep us in the Prem then so be it.

Well the side that was out there got it's just reward for an abject second half, but given that by the time of the second goal we were missing Santa Cruz, Nelsen, Andrews, Reid, Emerton, Grella, Givet and Warnock, it's hardly surprising that we got a thumping. Lets hope at least some of them are back for our "winnable" games. Oh, and Simpson is cack.

4-0, we've had a good beating by one of the best footballing teams in the league and Danny Simpson is a pathetic waste of a shirt.

I've got nothing else to say on the matter

and a team that should not be able to stand after playing penalties in Rome.

This whole thing managers keep going on about "oh how we're so tired, we can't compete in so many cups" is a f**** joke. Apparently they're too tired to compete vs Middlesbrough, but not Rovers.

Jesus...that was absolutely horrible to watch.

We looked awful. Nobody can really come out if it with much credit but a special mention for....

DANNY SIMPSON

He should never put on a rovers shirt again. hes utter crap and totally not commited to our cause. All he did was go through the motions in a basic right back performance. He got turned inside out constantly but what ###### me off most of all...and it was even before he was made to look a prat for the second...He was running with an arsenal player and almost stopped, totally slowed down, constantly appealing for offside!!! WTF!?!? Were in a battle...play to the EFFING flag. Then when he had that crap shot he walked away smiling. Hes only in it for himself. GET HIM OUT NOW.

Well the side that was out there got it's just reward for an abject second half, but given that by the time of the second goal we were missing Santa Cruz, Nelsen, Andrews, Reid, Emerton, Grella, Givet and Warnock, it's hardly surprising that we got a thumping. Lets hope at least some of them are back for our "winnable" games. Oh, and Simpson is cack.

You've just opened yourself up for ridicule there.

95% of us expected nothing, we got nothing, all the other results went our way. We've not dropped a spot and have 2 winnable games coming up. Yet we have some typical Rovers fans who moan moan moan.

SA better have learnt a lot from today, i did, we have some extremely poor players in our squad, we can;t cope with injuries, its a huge worry that we can keep first eleven fit

Danny Simpson: I'll be amazed if he plays in the premier league, thats the worse right back i've seen at the club

I can't remember a 2nd half where we were so comprehensively outplayed. Maybe outclassed would be a better term? The number of times Arsenal's slick passing cut through our defence is amazing. The final score could have been really embarrassing!

95% of us expected nothing, we got nothing, all the other results went our way. We've not dropped a spot and have 2 winnable games coming up. Yet we have some typical Rovers fans who moan moan moan.

Yes, we didn't expect much but we were humiliated today.

The line up was an insult to the away support that followed the team down there. Having said that I can understand Sam's stance on this - in a similar way to his attitude towards the cup. Losing to Arsenal is never going to define a season unless we are challenging for a Champions League place. We are in a relegation dog fight and we have to give ourselves every possible chance to stay up. Saving players who aren't 100% fit for games which WILL matter has to make sense.

Goal difference could be a problem and it's a shame we couldn't contain that (possibly the thinking behind fielding so many defenders). From that perspective the lack of defending meant the plan backfired.

As things stand other results have meant this result is less significant. The key now is maintaining player morale on the back of a drubbing. But I imagine Portsmouth, Sunderland, Newcastle and Stoke supporters are feeling worse than us tonight. Hopefully that will be the case come the end of the season.

Nothing ventured and nothing gained today... but nothing lost either.

I can't remember a 2nd half where we were so comprehensively outplayed. Maybe outclassed would be a better term? The number of times Arsenal's slick passing cut through our defence is amazing. The final score could have been really embarrasing!

Agree, it was a different Arsenal team in the second half,and a different Rovers team. Pedersen had plenty of free kicks and we had a few corners, back in the day they would have been goals for us.

I was making the point that we were so short on players that, due to the absence of Andrews amongst others, Khizanishvili was in midfield. I know I'd rather have Andrews there than him and I'd be amazed if any other Rovers fan wouldn't.

I didn't expect anything from the game either and am not crest-fallen that we lost, but it's the worrying lack of strength in depth that concerns me. If we're to compete in this league this year and in subsequent years, then the current squad is going to need severly shaking up. With a limited budget I'm not sure how achieveable that will be, but if there's ever a man to build a side on a shoestring, it's Sam Allardyce.

Ratings from where I sat ->

Robinson 8 - Made the saves he should have and possibly one of his best performances yet.

Simpson 4 - Poor. Dont want to waste any energy typing about him. Useless.

Warnock 5 - I am told he was injured from early in the first half and maybe thats why he was skinned by Walcott at every opportunity. Missed his presence in midfield.

Ooijer 6

Samba 6

Diouf 6

MGP 7 - Was creating danger but his confidence isnt back yet

Mokoena 5

Zurab 5

Dunn 4 - Disappeared in the second half completely

Roberts 5 - Fed off scraps but didnt hold up the ball. To his defence support wasnt forthcoming

Olsson 5 - Rubbish. Never seen any potential in him. Too reckless and nervous despite his pace.

Archived