BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sell Out At The Emirates

Danny Simpson is utter rubbish! Martin Olsson is not much better too...

On a more positive note, the results in the other games worked out about as well as we could have wished for. Before we all get suicidal again, let's bare in mind that this was always going to be a 'bonus' game. Ok, it wasn't the best performance I've ever witnessed (though, I thought we did reasonably well in the first half) but I'm confident that it won't be the pivotal point in our quest to retain premiership status.

Diouf again showed why we are growing to love him. Our best player by a country mile today! Hopefully Givet and Warnock didn't pick up anything too serious, and with Santa due to return for the visit of the Spanners we've got to fancy our chances for the run-in... Heads up guys, we'll be Ok.

BIG SAM'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY!!! :rover:

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who should have played instead?

I would have played a 4-4-2 with Benni and Roberts up front and then put Warnock alongside one of our central midfielders and tried to be more attacking. No doubt we would have lost anyway, but as it was all we were doing is putting out a side incapable of scoring and hoping that somehow we could keep a clean sheet despite the fact that we were inviting them to attack us for 90 minutes straight. It says a lot that we can consider ourselves lucky to come out of that having ONLY lost 4-0. The tactics were totally wrong, that would have been obvious to anyone watching. The team was defeatist in my view, as is the attitude on here. Just because we expected nothing doesn't mean that we should accept that type of result or performance. Even with our injuries we had other options and should have been better.

Is Danny Simpson was any cop, Sir Alex wouldn't have let him go on loan in the first place.

Danny Simpson is the worst right back ive ever seen. However, your statement is stupid. ferguson sends them on loan to get premiership experience instead of playing against Bury reserves on a wednesday night.

I would have played a 4-4-2 with Benni and Roberts up front and then put Warnock alongside one of our central midfielders and tried to be more attacking. No doubt we would have lost anyway, but as it was all we were doing is putting out a side incapable of scoring and hoping that somehow we could keep a clean sheet despite the fact that we were inviting them to attack us for 90 minutes straight. It says a lot that we can consider ourselves lucky to come out of that having ONLY lost 4-0. The tactics were totally wrong, that would have been obvious to anyone watching. The team was defeatist in my view, as is the attitude on here. Just because we expected nothing doesn't mean that we should accept that type of result or performance. Even with our injuries we had other options and should have been better.

So who should we have played then, and who should have been on after the injuries to Warnock and Givet?

I think what underpins the criticisms of Eddie and his mate Rover6 is an inability to take into account the quality of the players Sam has at his disposal. And the fact that neither ever go to EP.

Danny Simpson is the worst right back ive ever seen. However, your statement is stupid. ferguson sends them on loan to get premiership experience instead of playing against Bury reserves on a wednesday night.

I thought Simpson was merely used as compensation for United snatching Eric Steele? I think if Fergie really rated Simpson, he'd be grooming him as Gary Neville's successor by easing him into the first-team.

just got in, no suprise thev result but what were the injuries to warnock and givet thats what matters, looking on sportinglife sit warnock went off 55 minutes and givet 13 so not really suprising the durge left out ther conceded 3.....................injuries very worrying

[/b]

Yes, we didn't expect much but we were humiliated today.

Lets be real.

Rovers took a beating and lost 4-0 to an Arsenal team that are in the Quarter finals of the Champs League, the quarter finals of the FA Cup and who are 4th in The Premiership and who boast a team that are worth millions.

If you want to talk about humiliation look no further than Mould triffid.

NOW THAT WAS HUMILIATION

Lets be real.

Rovers took a beating and lost 4-0 to an Arsenal team that are in the Quarter finals of the Champs League, the quarter finals of the FA Cup and who are 4th in The Premiership and who boast a team that are worth millions.

If you want to talk about humiliation look no further than Mould triffid.

NOW THAT WAS HUMILIATION

If you don't feel humiliated after getting tonked 4-0, regardless against who, it speaks very bad about the club's ambitions and pride. Results like this should never be accepted.

Went to watch the game with the mindset that we wouldn't come away with anything results wise and I think half the players on the pitch had the very same thoughts...

Certainly wasn't the away performance we gave at Old Trafford the other week, but we are still there by the skin of our teeth.

So who should we have played then, and who should have been on after the injuries to Warnock and Givet?

I think what underpins the criticisms of Eddie and his mate Rover6 is an inability to take into account the quality of the players Sam has at his disposal. And the fact that neither ever go to EP.

Seen the game today?

Didn't think so.

After the injury to Warnock and Givet we couldn't have done much really, but my criticism isn't the substitutions we made but rather the starting line-up and the instructions that must have been given to the players. As I said, I would have played 4-4-2 with Benni and Roberts and then played Warnock alongisde someone in midfield (one of Mokoena, Dunn or Andrews depending on fitness reports).

That will be the last time I answer your "who should we have played then" question, I can't really get more precise than that. Somehow everyone here seems to have been blindly converted to 4-5-1, a formation we haven't employed on a regular basis for a long time and despite the fact that are team continues to look better whenever we play 4-4-2. We were embarrassing to watch today.

If you don't feel humiliated after getting tonked 4-0, regardless against who, it speaks very bad about the club's ambitions and pride. Results like this should never be accepted.

Probably not the time to be philosphical,we are where we are and we know why. As long as the result does not impact our confidence to take on Spurs and west Ham, and we get some guys off the treatment bench then thats all the counts.

I saw the game and bearing in mind the team we put out,we did Ok in the first half. We lost the plot in the second half but they were individual moments of error from people not in the team regularly or out of position. Remember we have been 3-0 down to Arsenal at home after 15 minutes before.

I aint doing cartwheels but as long as we learn from this and put it to good use in the next game then the result will be forgotten.

Results like this should never be accepted.

Poor team gets a poor result. Only suprise was that we hung in it for so long.

We always switch off vs arsenal with 10mins to go and they rip us apart. Both games this season we have lost 4-0 and let in 2 in the last few mins.

Perhaps, but unless you have a time machine, there's nothing that can be done to change it!

Seriously, all this whining is pointless. What really bugs me is that we are supposed to be supporters of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. We claim to bleed blue and white. Yet all we do is moan and b1tch. Is it any wonder that the atmosphere at ewood has been sh1te this season?!? And how do you think this makes the players feel? It's all good singing our hearts out when the boys are on top, but when they're down is when they really need us.

Let's let bygones be bygones and get behind the boys. We can really make a difference...

Guest Kamy100

The manner of the defeat was dissapointing but I would have settled for a win at fulham and defeat at Arsenal rather than 2 draws. The crucial games for rovers are the next 2 games both at home. 6 points = nearly safe, 4 points = squeaky bum time, 2 points or less = huge trouble.

The key to survival is that we are beating the teams around us, we have lost three games under Big Sam ALL to top 4 sides.

Boro draw against rivals, as do Newcastle, Hull, etc is a massive bonus for us.

I expect 6 points in the next two games and survival to be virtually assured, 4 points is a still a good haul.

I only hope our injured players are back for the next game, RSC is a must for the two games.

I expected nothing today, but I didn't expect to start with 4 centre halves and only be Bendtner away from the Premier League's biggest ever defeat. I fail to see why today was any better than the spineless surrenders in the first half of the season. No ambition and no clue. Injuries sminjuries - if they are not up to it, why are they in a first team squad on first team squad wages?

There were two Ince players out there today so there's no use blaming him. The line up was rubbish, the offside trap tactics were rubbish, Diouff was loathsome, Dunn put in his usual 30 mins then had nothing left in the tank. And we looked so much like Bolton - who nobody on here ever had a good word for - that the commentator said Spurs and Wham are next up at the Reebok.

I appreciate that staying up is paramount, but next season I fear we will have lost all our identity.

I expected nothing today, but I didn't expect to start with 4 centre halves and only be Bendtner away from the Premier League's biggest ever defeat. I fail to see why today was any better than the spineless surrenders in the first half of the season. No ambition and no clue. Injuries sminjuries - if they are not up to it, why are they in a first team squad on first team squad wages?

There were two Ince players out there today so there's no use blaming him. The line up was rubbish, the offside trap tactics were rubbish, Diouff was loathsome, Dunn put in his usual 30 mins then had nothing left in the tank. And we looked so much like Bolton - who nobody on here ever had a good word for - that the commentator said Spurs and Wham are next up at the Reebok.

I appreciate that staying up is paramount, but next season I fear we will have lost all our identity.

I would say needs must. Our first 11 is a good team, our 2nd 11 is very poor to say the least. Can Big Sam be blamed for this? hell no! The two players he has signed look quality.

I would suggest that this conversation about losing "our identity" is left to next season as if we are not in the league we may not have a club let alone an identity. I would rather play average football and win, than good football and lose.

The manner of the defeat was dissapointing but I would have settled for a win at fulham and defeat at Arsenal rather than 2 draws. The crucial games for rovers are the next 2 games both at home. 6 points = nearly safe, 4 points = squeaky bum time, 2 points or less = huge trouble.

only 1 goal down when warnock went off, losing warnock and givet does kind of rip the stable foundations out from under us and what happened next had to be expected............as olssen and simpson show how pish poor they are thankfully in a game that would have been a bonus rather than a wham or stoke game.

Archived