BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shearer Next Newcastle Manager

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was that last season 07/08? Because I was walking past when a load of Villa fans appeared to be throwing bricks at fellow Villa fans, although I wasn't totally sure at the time. God knows why the coppers stood there and let it happen.

Nope, it was the Brum vs. Villa derby game 4 or 5 years ago. Both my sister and her sargent (now married to my other sister) were assaulted by Villa fans whilst protecting the Brum fans. They are both coppers by the way. I think it was that really bad tempered game when 2 or 3 players were sent off, one of which was Dion Dublin. for headbutting. I keep mentioning it because it still annoys me.

Anyway, my dad is good friends with another Villa fan who is a top bloke, and a very good architect. So not all of them are nobs.

Nope, it was the Brum vs. Villa derby game 4 or 5 years ago. Both my sister and her sargent (now married to my other sister) were assaulted by Villa fans whilst protecting the Brum fans. They are both coppers by the way. I think it was that really bad tempered game when 2 or 3 players were sent off, one of which was Dion Dublin. for headbutting. I keep mentioning it because it still annoys me.

Anyway, my dad is good friends with another Villa fan who is a top bloke, and a very good architect. So not all of them are nobs.

Robbie Savage I believe. :rolleyes:

Guest Vinjay606

More lies from Shearer yet again as he's quoted in the Star lying about turning down Manchester United in 1996.

It should be put on the main page of this site in bold, block capitals. JACK WALKER REFUSED TO SELL SHEARER TO MANCHESTER UNITED.

I suppose Newcastle fans will believe everything Shearer says but it's about time somebody speaks out whenever he broadcasts his one sided view. He knows the truth yet chooses to lie about it simply to increase his already high reputation in Newcastle.

It's quotes like those today that make me even more pleased he turned down the opportunity here in the summer. I wouldn't have protested against the appointment but he refuses to tell the truth.

More lies from Shearer yet again as he's quoted in the Star lying about turning down Manchester United in 1996.

It should be put on the main page of this site in bold, block capitals. JACK WALKER REFUSED TO SELL SHEARER TO MANCHESTER UNITED.

I suppose Newcastle fans will believe everything Shearer says but it's about time somebody speaks out whenever he broadcasts his one sided view. He knows the truth yet chooses to lie about it simply to increase his already high reputation in Newcastle.

It's quotes like those today that make me even more pleased he turned down the opportunity here in the summer. I wouldn't have protested against the appointment but he refuses to tell the truth.

Seems he's now intent on winding everybody up. That statement might be enough to persuade RFW to play a few more of the kids v Hull. The old RFW has a long memory imo.

Posted this in the other thread but...

Man U squad to face Hull:-

Man Utd (from): Kuszczak, Amos, Neville, Brown, De Laet, Ferdinand, Chester, Eckersley, Simpson, Fabio, Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Tosic, Martin, Drinkwater, Macheda, Welbeck.

Simpson in the squad. Has Sam sent him back early especially to play in this game.

Guest Vinjay606

Read something about them threatening to sue Man United if they choose to play a weakened side. I hate Man United but if BRFC were in their position I would fully expect BRFC to do the same thing. I would be a hypocrite if I said otherwise.

Still it would be good to see Man United get sued though I can't see anything Newcastle or others could achieve against them legally. They should sue themselves as nobody is to blame other than them.

Ferguson blamed Jack for Shearer not being sold to them. He accused him of hating Manchester United (fair point I suppose) and even said that he portrayed it as a victory to fans because at least they didn't sell him to Man United. Perhaps he saw Peter White's quote when he called it a consolation that at least he hadn't been sold to Man United. I wouldn't say Jack considered it victory but Newcastle was better than Man United as far as Jack was concerned.

I guess Ferguson still holds a grudge for 1992 though when he really did turn them down.

Regarding the squad above didn't Nixon say he wouldn't be eligible for Man United for the rest of this season?

My guess is he is available because we terminated the loan. Remember, before the Beckham agreement with Milan was made, his registration was originally set until end of May, but he was expected to be re-called before it expired and still play for LA.

Newcastle or Sunderland would simply be making a scapegoat out of Manchester United, if they're relegated as a result of Hull's result. If we were in the same position, my grievances would be much closer to home.

Heskey has been crap throughout his career. Even the inconsistent Beattie is a better player.

Aston Villa, your fans threw a brick at my brother in law and dislocated my sister's jaw, but I'll forgive you if you win the last game and send the barcodes down.

Is it necessarily Heskey's fault? Villa needed a 20 goal a season striker, which Heskey invariably isn't.

Newcastle or Sunderland would simply be making a scapegoat out of Manchester United, if they're relegated as a result of Hull's result. If we were in the same position, my grievances would be much closer to home.

It's arguable but if imo that squad would finish above Sland and NUFC anyway.

It's arguable but if imo that squad would finish above Sland and NUFC anyway.

I agree. I doubt the following team would be relegated if they played every week.

Kuszczak

Neville

Brown

Ferdinand

Fabio

Nani

Gibson

Tosic

Fletcher

Macheda

Wellbeck

It's Newcastle's fault if they go down, theyv'e had 37 games to put things right and haven't so threating to sue United is alload of crap. United have the CL final a dream for players to play in, what are MUFC supposed to do play Tevez and co and watch them get injured etc.

Hope Newcastle go down, horrible place, horrible fans, horrible owner and co! Oh and a fat Shearer.

I would be upset if rovers were relegated because United played a team from the squad named above - against one of our relegation candidates.

I mean, the comments from Scudamore completely miss the point. This isn't squad rotation. This is Man Utd putting out a side without any concern for the result. That's different.

I would be upset if rovers were relegated because United played a team from the squad named above - against one of our relegation candidates.

I mean, the comments from Scudamore completely miss the point. This isn't squad rotation. This is Man Utd putting out a side without any concern for the result. That's different.

If United played a full strength team and Ronaldo and Rooney got crocked, how stupid would Ferguson look then.

I can see the other point of view but in my opinion football is certainly a squad game and the manager has to use the squad to the best of his ability in order to get success for his club. If United didn't have a champions league final coming up then I would be dubious by playing Hull with that squad. However they do.

You have to ask yourselves is it in the best interests of Man United to play a weak side against Hull on Saturday? Of course it is. They pay the players what £X million per week. They should be able to do what they want with them in order to maximise their own chances of success.

Archived