BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shearer Next Newcastle Manager

Didnt Shearer once took the reins temp with Glenn Roeder as his number two and did a good job.I think Shearer is being clever .If Newcastle stay up his hero status will be even greater.and thats what hes pursuing..Its also very achieveable..Just think the Premiership is getter tougher and tougher for everyone ..even if you have internationals in your squad. no one is safe nowadays ..City werent much different till the oil barons came along..

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Vinjay606
Didnt Shearer once took the reins temp with Glenn Roeder as his number two and did a good job.I think Shearer is being clever .If Newcastle stay up his hero status will be even greater.and thats what hes pursuing.

Exactly. Made a similar point recently myself.

I'm sure Shearer honestly believed his presence alone would lift the Magpies out of the relegation zone. To be fair, so did many people on here and in the tabloids. I never thought it'd work and it hasn't. Shearer didn't seem to factor in that the players he was taking over generally do not care about Newcastle as much as he does. I don't think he really had any idea how much of a mess the club was in, and judging by the cracks beginning to appear in his demeanour, he now knows that keeping them up will take far more than a simple morale boost.

And thank God we didn't appoint him!

According to alot of papers this morning - Shearer is enjoying management more than he expected and is likely to continue next season regardless of their league status.

Some pundits on Five Live said he's already scouting players for next season.

I'm very much looking forward to Newcastle's impending relegation. The sight of their hysterically delusional fans blubbing into their Shearer Dugout Debut Special Edition jerseys (before proceeding, of course, to the steps outside SJP to shout into any Sky TV camera they can find) will fill my heart with joy. It's nothing they don't deserve; their tiresome supporters and breath-taking mismanagement have been cluttering up this league for far too long. Good riddance.

I've a sneaking suspicion that Boro could diddle them on Monday night.

Moko, Andrews & Simpson would do ok in the Championship :rolleyes:

To be fair Andrews was good today.

Some pundits on Five Live said he's already scouting players for next season.

Nothing like having a head bigger than your intellect!

I'm very much looking forward to Newcastle's impending relegation. The sight of their hysterically delusional fans blubbing into their Shearer Dugout Debut Special Edition jerseys (before proceeding, of course, to the steps outside SJP to shout into any Sky TV camera they can find) will fill my heart with joy. It's nothing they don't deserve; their tiresome supporters and breath-taking mismanagement have been cluttering up this league for far too long. Good riddance.

Me too, I would laugh my socks off!

I disagree. I would like all the Northern clubs to stay up.

I personally would like to see the back of teams like Spurs (who had their share of mismanagement) and the FA and Journo favourites West 'Am (who should have had a stint in the Championship instead of Sheffield Utd) to be honest.

It looks like Shearer and Barton have kissed and made up. how many chances is he going to get?.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2432276.ece

Thats right Big Hard Shearer bans the player for the length of time of his suspension. as soon as thats over they kiss and make up. What a surprise!

Phillipl's probably right. They 'banned' him and leaked that he might be booted out to see if someone else would be interested. When no-one is crazy enough to take him on, Shearer rebuilds the bridges. And Newcastle keep Joey. Hopefully he'll beat up another player or generally lower morale.

• Backroom

If Hull had strikers capable of scoring they probably wouldn't be where they are now.

If it stays like this, it's going to be an awesome final day of the season.

Archived