BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shearer Next Newcastle Manager

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benmaxwell
I guess their time in the league these last few seasons has been defined by two Rovers Irish youth products: Shay Given who probably stopped them from getting relegated all these years, and Damien Duff who sent them down.

:lol: :lol:

Not forgetting their standin Rovers manager... :rolleyes:

Has anybody tried to go in to Toontastic? Lol

yeah i registered to wind those clowns up ages ago, they've locked guests out from laughing at them but my registration still works and i'm just waiting for the right moment to bait them before my registration gets swiftly killed like they have already done to the posters that simply post "hhahahahahahahahahahahah" may reccomend ince as their new manager

so so funny only be better if spuds had never recovered this season

I find myself getting on OK with the Toontastic lot, but then you can swear on that site. I wanted to say "ha ha ha you're all ___" but I just can't. Perhaps its because my cousin who's like a little brother (and not in a Burnley way) is a Newcastle fan. I did feel a bit sorry for Shearer too-he did look genuinely hurt.

Oh well, hopefully I can idulge the Schadefruede streak tomorrow ;)

Newcastle are a Championship side!

Nope, it never gets old!! :lol::lol::lol:

Just got back from the game and switched on Sky Sports. Andy Gray was banging on about this being the best thing to happen to Newcastle. The pressure's off Newcastle, Shearer/Ashley and a 5-year plan, blah, blah. Yes Okay, Andy. Talk about trying to put a positive spin on it!

Oh and Newcastle are relegated.

...Nope. :P

I can't believe they've gone down..........surely they were too good to go down...........and they're a big club, yeah a really big club.............and their fans are just the best...............and the media love them.......... :o

Hahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :lol:

Made the day even more special. The big cheer at the end of the game when their relegation was announced shows how football fans regard them.

Hopefully this will shatter their delusional self belief that they are a big club, a successful club, and are too good to go down. Doubt it though.

Sacking Allardyce for mid table seems pretty stupid now. Getting rid of robson for top 6/7 finish looking even more bizarre.

For all this talk of this being a positive thing for newcastle think again:

Financially they're in trouble. Duff, Viduka, Barton, Butt, Smith are all on massive wages - and I doubt many people would want them - certainly not for substantial transfer fees. (So is Martins but people will buy him.) Plus all the money they loose from not being in the prem.

Those who stay - will they be good enough for the championship? If the south american contingent have not adjusted to the prem, they certainly won't adjust to the championship. And assuming they somehow get Duff and co off the wage bill, I can't see the rest such as Lovekrands and Ameobi firing them back to the prem.

Thirdly, the championship will be pretty competitive next year. QPR & Ipswich have money, Sheff Utd/Dingles, Preston, Cardiff, Reading, West Brom & Boro will all be in with a shout of the playoffs at least. It could be a tough year for the barcodes.

Happy days. :D:D:D

Edit. Why are the bbc saying that there only hope is shearer staying on. He's got them a total of 5 points. If he'd done that over the course of a full season he'd have got a total of 25 points, certain relegation form. What have they been smoking, the guy hasn't inspired them with his rep and I've seen nothing in his tactics that indicates he'll do a decent job.

article-0-05139FA8000005DC-948_468x450.jpg

Classic that! :lol:

I bet Shearer is not manager next season.

I think his agent as well as the NUFC board will now realise that his actions and words since taking the mags job show that he is simply not management potential.

I hope JW is taking note!

I bet Shearer is not manager next season.

I think his agent as well as the NUFC board will now realise that his actions and words since taking the mags job show that he is simply not management potential.

I hope JW is taking note!

Keegan------------3----------1-----1-----1-----4------1.33

Hughton-----------3----------0-----0-----3-----0------0

Kinnear-----------18---------4-----8-----6-----20----1.11

Hughton-Cald.----6---------1------2----3------5-----0.83

Shearer-----------8----------1------2----5------5-----0.63

All I'm saying is that I would be upset if it was Rovers. I know it's a squad game Hasta, and there wouldn't be too much of a problem with United putting out some of the players who have been used this way during the season, but, if that squad named on here is correct, and fergy plays some of those kids that I've never heard of, then he's giving no respect to anyone else in the league. He's entitled to do that of course, but that wouldn't make it fair to everyone else busting a gut to stay in this division. That's why I would be very annoyed.

Haven't read the last few pages, but weren't you one of the people defending Sam for playing a weak squad in the FA Cup? Speaking of no respect....

Newcastle apparently have no relegation clauses in their players contracts, ROFLMAO, administration beckons. Isn't there wage bill in the 70M's, Shearer walked into an impossible situation but I'd like him to stay on at Newcastle. He can serve his apprenticeship there before coming to a big club like ROVERS!!!!!!

I see Duff has made a commitment to his £70k a week contract!

• Backroom

Duff wants to stay at Newcastle... but if he's truly committed he'll have no choice but to sign a new contract with significantly reduced wages. Wonder if/when that's offered to him he''ll still be as "loyal".

Seen a projection that Newcastle United will make a loss of £50m next season.

Only Owen and Viduka are out of contract leaving 13 players each earning individually more than Newcastle's entire Championship TV rights are worth. Four players' contracts alone swallow up the parachute payment for next season.

Leeds, Leicester, Norwich, Southampton and Charlton have all gone Premier League to League One in three seasons or less within the last three years.

Grim in the Toon just now.

Archived