BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shearer Next Newcastle Manager

Guest Vinjay606

Newcastle suing Man United would be like Chelsea suing them if they lose the FA final to Everton. As they played a weakened side in the semi final.

If BRFC were preparing to participate in a major final I would expect a weakened side for an irrelevant fixture. It would be a lie if I said otherwise.

I hope Man United lose the European final to Barcelona but I don't blame them for wanting to play their strongest possible side without risking injury.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If United played a full strength team and Ronaldo and Rooney got crocked, how stupid would Ferguson look then.

I can see the other point of view but in my opinion football is certainly a squad game and the manager has to use the squad to the best of his ability in order to get success for his club. If United didn't have a champions league final coming up then I would be dubious by playing Hull with that squad. However they do.

You have to ask yourselves is it in the best interests of Man United to play a weak side against Hull on Saturday? Of course it is. They pay the players what £X million per week. They should be able to do what they want with them in order to maximise their own chances of success.

All I'm saying is that I would be upset if it was Rovers. I know it's a squad game Hasta, and there wouldn't be too much of a problem with United putting out some of the players who have been used this way during the season, but, if that squad named on here is correct, and fergy plays some of those kids that I've never heard of, then he's giving no respect to anyone else in the league. He's entitled to do that of course, but that wouldn't make it fair to everyone else busting a gut to stay in this division. That's why I would be very annoyed.

I would be upset if rovers were relegated because United played a team from the squad named above - against one of our relegation candidates.

I mean, the comments from Scudamore completely miss the point. This isn't squad rotation. This is Man Utd putting out a side without any concern for the result. That's different.

I agree that I'd hate for us to ever be in such a position on the last day. As it's Mike Ashley's Football Circus, though, it's tough titty and a bloody good laugh if both they and Hull do win.

What if Fergie played Rooney, Ronaldo et al, who played with their hearts in Rome and conceded to Hull? What then? 'I'd be upset if Man. Utd's star players never turned up.' ??

Teams should take responsibility for themselves instead of looking for an easy scapegoat.

If i was them players that will be facing Hull, i would be absolutely irate at the fact that a team like Newcastle or Sunderland questioning the capability of that United squad. Its not just down to Ferguson, its players like Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo etc telling SAF the Champions league is more important for them to play in, than a game where they have nothing to play for. Im sorry, but if you in the bottom 3 with 1 to play, you have to take a good long look at yourself, and blame yourself not the champions of England who could become champions of Europe 3 days later.

Ever since the Champs League has been played, and even prior to that, sides have wanted to play the larger clubs either immediately prior to or after a a big European tie, preferably aftr a long trawl to eastern Europe. And why was that? Well it was because they would be tired or would select a weaker team by protecting star players. This weekends events are just an extreme case of what's been happenning for years - so tough sh!te geordies, oh and bye bye

Heskey is a crap player, and they should have gone for a proper striker. They have paid the price for that.

When Villa were flying high and they made that signing the vast majority of posters on here said it was a great signing...

Where's that majority now?

Oh the romantic myth that is Newcastle United. Now Sir John Hall on 5 Live saying that Mike Ashley tried to run the club like a Tottenham but you can't do that because Newcastle is a completely different club. Well I suppose Spurs have a fine tradition of top flight attractive football and have won stuff so maybe he has a point. :lol:

Oh the romantic myth that is Newcastle United. Now Sir John Hall on 5 Live saying that Mike Ashley tried to run the club like a Tottenham but you can't do that because Newcastle is a completely different club. Well I suppose Spurs have a fine tradition of top flight attractive football and have won stuff so maybe he has a point. :lol:

He has run it like Spurs circa. mid nineties, remember Mr. Gross. Its just he has moved it on a level.

When Villa were flying high and they made that signing the vast majority of posters on here said it was a great signing...

Where's that majority now?

I didn't think it was great signing but I thought with Carew carrying a long term nagging injury Heskey wasn't a bad replacement. It hasn't worked for them. Heskey hasn't played as well as expected but he's not on his own in that respect at Villa. No transfer move is a nailed on success, I've seen plenty better than Heskey flop. Has Berbatov had a good season ?

Your point was ?

Tomorrow night at 6pm, no one will have died, no one will have gone forever, we will still support Newcastle United, everyone of us will still retain the deep love we have for this football club. It doesn't matter what happens, who snipes at us, all of the ###### takes, all of the run downs, all of the abuse no one, no one can take away our love for this club, and that's what you should think to yourself win, lose or draw.

In every corner of this country there is someone who will rejoice at our demise should the worse come to the worst, regardless what we think of Sir John Hall, he made the club at one point briefly the second best in this country, with it came a national fanbase which was bourne of it, and I don't often talk like this, but I think for once you have to look and think these fans we garnered in the 90's, they've actually stuck with us through all of the @#/?, and many of them are still here, when they were kids they saw the passion of the club, how much it means to this city, and they seen something special. Because of that in every corner of the country, someone will know a Newcastle fan. Our league status over the last 15 years is immeasurably better than all of what I believe to be clubs who's potential isn't as great as our own. I've touched on it a few times but their animosity is bourne out of a bizare jealousy about how we're projected, how we view ourselves and how they perceive that we view ourselves. Tomorrow we stand shoulder to shoulder we live and die together, tomorrow if we go down it will be like standing together in front of a nuclear detonation - if we go down, we go down together, we'll come back, and we'll be just as envied the next time as well.

It's not over though, we'll be back, people pass through the club, managers, players, directors, we'll be there, we'll be back, I'd rather be Newcastle United in the Conference than any soulless succesful organisation where you're expected to politely applaud goals and chat cordially with opposition fans.

I wanted to put this song down because we can still do it, and I'm not ######, I haven't had a drink all weekend, saving myself for tomorrow, but we're still there, this song is cheesy but it's how I feel tonight. Newcastle United Will Never Be Defeated

Geordie delusions. Priceless.

To be fair there is quite a lot of self awareness and humility in there.

They make a good point about anyone being up for a big club to go down becuase it is different than standard relegation fodder. However personally I wouldn't be that bothered either way if it was Everton or Villa in the mire. I am not particualrly fond of them (I am an underdog man) but I do not have anything against them.

For some reason particularly Spurs, Newcastle and Man City who get my goat. The common theme I guess is those three all buy big name world class players for shed loads of money. It sort of seems like cheating to me and a lack of imagination to be honest. And it is funny (and puts your faith back into football as a competition to a certain extent) when this sort of "guaranteed" success fails. Same reason I dislike Arsenal much less than Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. Wenger is much more imaginative than just pulling the checkbook out.

• Backroom

The only thing thaat really annoys me about Newcastle fans is that most of them consider themselves a "big club" who should be in the top 6. The way they've treated most of their managers is nothing short of disgraceful. The fans have to take a fair share of the blame for that - if so many of them hadn't demanded Allardyce out he'd probably still be there and they'd likely be safe. They blame the board/chairman but fail to recognise it is their own warped perception that causes a lot of the problems their managers have.

The only thing thaat really annoys me about Newcastle fans is that most of them consider themselves a "big club" who should be in the top 6. The way they've treated most of their managers is nothing short of disgraceful. The fans have to take a fair share of the blame for that - if so many of them hadn't demanded Allardyce out he'd probably still be there and they'd likely be safe. They blame the board/chairman but fail to recognise it is their own warped perception that causes a lot of the problems their managers have.

Same situation with spurs!

Archived