BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shearer Next Newcastle Manager

What utter rubbish Vinjay. Sure, we might punch above our weight, but any fan that thinks we are league 1 material are not real fans of this club. We are realistic, and we have done well under good solid management in the past. We still a premiership outfit, and unless we go down, we are premiership material.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

record shirt sales at st james' as nufc switch from the traditional black and white stripes to white and black stripes. geordie barstewards are keen to show their team that they are behind them all the way down! oh, there goes shearer rowing away from the titanic with his head held high saying that if he had been asked sooner he could have done something.

I think Shearer took the Newcastle job on the current basis knowing he was in a no lose situation.

If he kept them up, he'd helped the Club he loved and his legendary status on Tyneside would be enhanced ten fold.

If he didn't, well no-one could really blame him for that, and he could always retreat back to the comfort of the MOTD studios if required.

It will be interesting to see if he takes the job permanently if they go down. If he does, all due respect to him.

If he doesn't, where do the Geordie faithful go from there? They've tried Messiahs one and two Keegan and Shearer and they've both failed.

Oh dear what a shame never mind!

:lol:

Hughes etc might well end up there...... Depending on circumstance...... but if I were fat ashley I'd already have been on the blower to his agent.

There was a lot of opposition to him on here.

Got to confess i was sucked in by all the romance at the time and I'd have been one of those over the moon to see him and Newell in.

I must not be romantic. I never wanted him for a minute................ err that is until it was announced that we'de appointed the complete 4th Div dud! By then even Stan Ternent would have looked like Sir Alf Ramsey in comparison.

Shearer is making Barton a scapegoat while trying to deflect attention away from his team's (and his own tactics) incompetent display. The sending off had no impact on the result.

Thats good that! It means Barton'll be dirt cheap when we buy him in summer if we stay up.

Guest Vinjay606
What utter rubbish Vinjay. Sure, we might punch above our weight, but any fan that thinks we are league 1 material are not real fans of this club. We are realistic, and we have done well under good solid management in the past. We still a premiership outfit, and unless we go down, we are premiership material.

I don't subscribe to this "punching above" nonsense. As far as I'm concerned the club is being held back under current ownership which is why I'm so obsessed with takeovers.

People wonder why I question mentality when people make statements like that.

I don't subscribe to this "punching above" nonsense. As far as I'm concerned the club is being held back under current ownership which is why I'm so obsessed with takeovers.

You do know what the difference is between a benefactor and an investor right?

I tink the mails have just foud out what we have been saying for weeks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...st-Shearer.html

Newcastle and Middlesbrough are so bad — Newcastle have won once in 17 games

and Boro twice in 22 — that comics expect both to lose on Monday. Certainly a draw could lead both to relegation

the assumption that no team, not even Blackburn or Bolton, will be daft enough to spend money on a player who has become a liability on and off the field.

With 3 games left to save their Premier League hides, Newcastle have apparently leaked news that they are looking for ways to terminate Joey Barton's contract as a result of his reckless challenge on Xabi Alonso.

Looking at the very public mess he's gotten himself in to, Shearer was wrong to go public on on this in the first place. Rather than concentrating on survival, Newcastle are once again embroiled in bitter internecine strife. What a ridiculous time to so publicly go looking for ways to wriggle out of the bad bargain they made with Barton. God knows what kind of message this sends to the other players. Shay Given must be thinking the so called 'theatre of base comedy' at Eastlands is an oasis of calm after the circus that is Newcastle!

Dave Whelan of Wigan seems to have hit the nail on the head when he remarked that relegation will be no more than Ashley deserves for the lack of class he has shown since taking charge on Tyneside. That Shearer chose to associate himself with such an unpalatable character as Ashley, after seeing an honourable man like Keegan walk out a few months earlier, makes me realise what a lucky escape we had in the summer.

Shearer should have known better than to become involved with an uber-chav like Ashley. He should also have known better than to appoint someone of the character of Iain Dowie as his assistant. Dowie was effectively branded a liar by a High Court judge after being found guilty of fraudulently deceiving his former boss, Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan.

It just goes to show; if you lie down with dogs; you get up with fleas!

• Backroom

I'm sure Shearer honestly believed his presence alone would lift the Magpies out of the relegation zone. To be fair, so did many people on here and in the tabloids. I never thought it'd work and it hasn't. Shearer didn't seem to factor in that the players he was taking over generally do not care about Newcastle as much as he does. I don't think he really had any idea how much of a mess the club was in, and judging by the cracks beginning to appear in his demeanour, he now knows that keeping them up will take far more than a simple morale boost.

How any team that has had 5 managers this season can expect to do well is beyond me. Newcastle are a club in crisis and have been for 12 months. Emotions are too high up there when it comes to football and common sense flies out the window. Allardyce was sacked by fan power;Keegan came on an emotional tide and all would be well despite being out of the game for years.

He packs in and Kinnear who himself had been out of the loop for a long time comes in ;Hughton fails and so Shearer the Messiah is invited to work his magic without having any managerial experience at all.

Not to mention the antics of the chairman who is quite prepared to break the rules by drinking whilst watching a game.

Such a club gets the publicity but our club is thought of as an irrelevance at times despite being sensibly run.

I "would just love it" if they went down and we stayed up.

Guest Vinjay606
With 3 games left to save their Premier League hides, Newcastle have apparently leaked news that they are looking for ways to terminate Joey Barton's contract as a result of his reckless challenge on Xabi Alonso.

Looking at the very public mess he's gotten himself in to, Shearer was wrong to go public on on this in the first place. Rather than concentrating on survival, Newcastle are once again embroiled in bitter internecine strife. What a ridiculous time to so publicly go looking for ways to wriggle out of the bad bargain they made with Barton. God knows what kind of message this sends to the other players. Shay Given must be thinking the so called 'theatre of base comedy' at Eastlands is an oasis of calm after the circus that is Newcastle!

Dave Whelan of Wigan seems to have hit the nail on the head when he remarked that relegation will be no more than Ashley deserves for the lack of class he has shown since taking charge on Tyneside. That Shearer chose to associate himself with such an unpalatable character as Ashley, after seeing an honourable man like Keegan walk out a few months earlier, makes me realise what a lucky escape we had in the summer.

Shearer should have known better than to become involved with an uber-chav like Ashley. He should also have known better than to appoint someone of the character of Iain Dowie as his assistant. Dowie was effectively branded a liar by a High Court judge after being found guilty of fraudulently deceiving his former boss, Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan.

It just goes to show; if you lie down with dogs; you get up with fleas!

Shearer's a liar as well so choosing Dowie as an assistant was a natural selection for him.

Held back in what way Vinjay? Do you rather want some foreign maniac in charge like an Ashley, or the current owners who imo are keep the club stable. Your obsession with a takeover is becoming rather ridiculous now.

Guest Vinjay606
Held back in what way Vinjay? Do you rather want some foreign maniac in charge like an Ashley, or the current owners who imo are keep the club stable. Your obsession with a takeover is becoming rather ridiculous now.

Stable? Is that what you call being threatened by relegation because of their lack of funding?

Ashley isn't foreign though Newcastle fans might consider London a foreign country.

Stable? Is that what you call being threatened by relegation because of their lack of funding?

Ashley isn't foreign though Newcastle fans might consider London a foreign country.

Newcastle is foreign "Geordie Nation"

It may be their lack of funding in your head vinjay but it is also their club!

• Backroom

Barton is a grade A nob but it wasn't nearly as bad a challenge as people are making out.

At least Shearer has a scapegoat though

shearer and Ince are just the same, not good enough to manage in the premier league yet.....

I make no other comment other than that they appear to have been our boards first and second choices!!!! <_< It must be difficult but it beggars belief to automatically assume that star players automatically make good managers, after the long list of such failures. Maybe our board are just star struck.

btw we need at least a point v Pompey or I might be eating my words re: ol big ed. :unsure:

Archived