BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shearer Next Newcastle Manager

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great to see some of those clips, just makes you remember what a very special player he was, and how much of an honour it was that the best years of his career as a player were in the blue and white.

my thoughs exactly.. its "easy to forget" the class shearer had, he was one of the most lethal finishers the game has ever produced. After watching that compilation of goals, your just left with a thought of WOW. The variety of the goals is amazing, left foot, right foot, the head, volley, half volley and so on, he was clinical and composed infront of a goal.

When you reflect on what Shearer accomplished as a Rovers player in comparison to the absolute zero he accomplished as a Newcastle player i just wish he'd take more pride in his part in Rovers history. He rattles on about Newcastle but in his media appearances he shows no bias whatsoever towards Rovers. He should appreciate that his best footballing years were in the blue & white halves, not as a barcode, even if they were his hometown team.

He wont save them from relegation, and if his inexperience does help them to go down then we can be almost as grateful to him in helping us stay up as we were 15 years ago when he helped us to the league title.

Its clear Newcastle have offered it to him for 8 games only currently but he would stay if they asked. The media conference he made it clear, in not so many words though, hinting that Kinnear has a role and you have to ask the board what that is...

He wants to stay there especially if they stay up.

Hope if does its in the fizzy pop league.

The Youtube compilation warmed the cockles of my heart. He did give Rovers the best years of his career but I secretly envy his dedication and commitment to his home club. This is something sadly, but inevitably, rare these days.........it's what makes Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas so special. We all love Dunny and Derbyshire for their home-town links and long may it be so.

I wish him all the best.....................as long as we stay up!

To say he has no experience appears to be incorrect. I heard that Shearer effectively* managed Newcastle for years such was his influence whilst a player.

* or should that be not effectively?

Have you got Jason Roberts email address? If so send that link. Once clear on goal Jason, look up, pick your spot, don't look there again instead just keep your head down, your eyes on the ball concentrate on your balance and belt it. Leave the keeper to worry about which way he will go.

What is so bloody difficult?

The Youtube compilation warmed the cockles of my heart. He did give Rovers the best years of his career but I secretly envy his dedication and commitment to his home club. This is something sadly, but inevitably, rare these days.........it's what makes Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas so special. We all love Dunny and Derbyshire for their home-town links and long may it be so.

I wish him all the best.....................as long as we stay up!

I agree that Ronnie was an absolute star for us.......but we weren't his home town club.

I agree that Ronnie was an absolute star for us.......but we weren't his home town club.

Yes, but you know what I mean. I reckon we have many "Rovers till I die" type fans who weren't born in Blackburn. It's sticking with one club through good times and bad I suppose...............especially when you are still a rabid fan when you reach your seventies (or later!)

To say he has no experience appears to be incorrect. I heard that Shearer effectively* managed Newcastle for years such was his influence whilst a player.

* or should that be not effectively?

If rumors are true he was (had a big say) in picking the team after Kenny Dalglish left at rovers

Just a thought...........

Shearer's signing will have united the geordie hordes alright BUT it appears to have united every other football supporter against em. Everybody I've spoken to appears to want to see Shearer fall on his smug face and the Mags to go down. His introduction might have made the home games a little easier for the team but I think the away games will be harder.

You forget just how great Shearer was as a player as all you hear about are his Newcastle years. He really was one of England's best ever strikers, and could have had a better international record but for injuries and Terry Vegetables' stupid christmas tree formation.

He will probably be a mediocre manager though

Cheers for that cracking vid!

This is the second time in my life I've gone abroad only to come back and find out some shocking shearer news.

Absolutely gob-smacked, its probably the best role of the dice Ashley could have played.

But to be perfectly honest relegation may do them the world of good. Shearer could strip the club down and start from scratch some thing they obviously need. Money wise yes its a blow but its the football that matters.

Its a pity I'd always hoped it would be with us.

• Backroom

This decison by Shearer kind of confirms some of my beliefs about him, the mans a coward.

They go down and he wont take any blame, they stay up and it's all down to him, he can't lose.

Even a draw would've given everyone at Newcastle a lift, and from what I heard of the game (the first half) Newcastle certainly seemed a lot more up for it than usual. Hopefully that loss will crush the optimism of the Shearer factor.

Stoke to me is their make or break game. A win could well kick start a revival, especially given Sunderland's downward spiral, but a loss and 5 points with 6 games to make up will be extremely difficult to say the least.

Archived