BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shearer Next Newcastle Manager

Bad, bad news for us.

why is it bad news for us Den?, Shearer has never had any experience of being a manager yet, so how do we know how he is going to do?. I think Newcastle are taking a big gamble, just like we did when we appointed Ince.

He could help raise the players and the fans, but deep down has he got what it takes to help Newcastle survive this season?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why everyone is getting so worried. Newcastles fixtures are pretty bad and the team aren't playing well. I doubt Shearer coming in will have that big an effect upon a poor team.

Chelsea is his first game and I can't see them getting anything from the new manager effect in that one.

They still have to face Liverpool, Fulham, Spurs and Villa, which they are unlikely to pick up more than the odd point.

The crutial games are Pompey, Stoke and Boro. All winnable but they won't win them all, especially with the other teams fighting for points.

We just have to win the games we should and pick up a few away points.

Newcastle are now 6/5 to go down. Now there's a bet.

I know, far better than 8/13 to stay up. The hysteria is setting the market, very pro-Newcastle at the moment. Best time to get a good rate.

As for the whole Shearer thing, it's definitely going to have an effect one way or the other, just not sure which. I can see both sides of the argument, here's hoping for the negative effect one.

I know, far better than 8/13 to stay up. The hysteria is setting the market, very pro-Newcastle at the moment. Best time to get a good rate.

As for the whole Shearer thing, it's definitely going to have an effect one way or the other, just not sure which. I can see both sides of the argument, here's hoping for the negative effect one.

I can see it being positive but that still doesn't mean they will automatically start winning. A 5% improvement would be positive but not enough. There are lots of things still to take into account like which games they have left at home where the crowd can make a difference and which away, which players get back to fitness when, what the other teams they play are fighting for etc etc.

why is it bad news for us Den?, Shearer has never had any experience of being a manager yet, so how do we know how he is going to do?. I think Newcastle are taking a big gamble, just like we did when we appointed Ince.

He could help raise the players and the fans, but deep down has he got what it takes to help Newcastle survive this season?

You answered your own question Gazzsimm.

The atmosphere at their home games with 52000 born again barcodes will be worth a goal start for them.

You answered your own question Gazzsimm.

The atmosphere at their home games with 52000 born again barcodes will be worth a goal start for them.

big clubs like chelsea are use to that Den, I rather we have have a an experienced manager like sam, then an guy who has not managed a club yet, especially considering where we both are in the league.

big clubs like chelsea are use to that Den, I rather we have have a an experienced manager like sam, then an guy who has not managed a club yet, especially considering where we both are in the league.

Seconded - the fans might well be worth a goals start on Saturday but I expect Chelsea will score 2 or 3. Whilst I don't disagree that Shearers appointment will be a welcome shot in the arm for the club I don't think it will improve their plight - at least not enough. The belief that the players hearts aren't in it and their is a lack desire to win at the club are wide of the mark in my opinion - it's a combination of injuries, poorly organised teams and sub par individual performances that have got them to this point.

Newcastle are another team who need to go back to basics like Rovers did when Sam came. Stop leaking goals, get organised and play as a team and then build from the back. Whereas I'm sure Shearer can fire them up, I doubt he has the experience to get them sorted, at least not in such a short space of time. Strangely enough, I suspect the most important appointment was Iain Dowie

The SS Newcastle is sinking fast and I think the rescue party is too late.

Some have been saying we're now going down because Shearer is manager of Newcastle - Twaddle. If we go down it's our own fault - would anyone swap our plight for Newcastle's at the moment? Thought Not.

Much as I hate to say it, an inspired move by Ashley. I wasn't that confident we'd stay up before this, I'm even less so now.

Sky Sports have just run a stat showing that Keegan first time round, Dalglish, and even Glenn Roeder got fourteen, fourteen and thirteen points respectively from their first eight games in charge!

The only exception was Wor Kev Mk 2 last season, only three points from his opening eight games!

I think for Alan, it doesn't matter if they go down. If that happened, he knows the fans won't give him grief, and he can build the team up in the 1st division and put the team on a solid footing for the future. Mind you even the Geordies may turn on St. Alan if they were to do a Charlton. As for Iain Dowie, his influence may be negative, as he has got experience, but that is experience of failing and being sacked after players fall out with him.

Sky Sports have just run a stat showing that Keegan first time round, Dalglish, and even Glenn Roeder got fourteen, fourteen and thirteen points respectively from their first eight games in charge!

It doesn't really mean much though. This is the least talented/committed bunch they have had in along time.

The only thing that will save them imo is if Owen stays fit and scores 6 or 7 goals, but does he have the creativity to feed off?

The only thing that will save them imo is if Owen stays fit and scores 6 or 7 goals, but does he have the creativity to feed off?

You could say the same thing about Roque. Is their midfield any worse than ours? I honestly don't know, I'm just asking the question aloud.

You could say the same thing about Roque. Is their midfield any worse than ours? I honestly don't know, I'm just asking the question aloud.

Our midfield is worse but all of ours are pitching in with goals. Warnock, Diouf, Andrews, the only one who isn't is MGP.

Newcastle have a better midfield in which I can only really think of Butt, Barton and Spiderman, but they don't seem to be firing.

The good thing for us is that Benni and Roberts can feed off the energy that Warnock creates, but also can work off balls from deep. Rocky has struggled all season, due to injuries mainly, but also lack of service and I couldn't see him scoring enough on his own to keep us up. What I would give to have Bentley back for the last 8 games.

Billy: Duff has just picked up a hamstring injury. Not sure how bad though.

Also have to remember that Given is no longer earning them extra points, much like Brad isn't for us, Harper is an ok 2nd choice but not good enough.

Shearer will give the team and the fans a boost and new managers have a honeymoon period more often than not.

Although he has no experience of management, his influence on the team with his stature will be massive.

The latest rumor I've heard is he's going to dust of the boots and get a squad number!

Has the news shown the 'Geordie Nation' fans on the steps of St James's exulting with tears in eyes, screaming that they are THE biggest club in the world yet?

:rolleyes:

According to all reports they are being remarkably restrained about it . Very few at the ground and sort of waiting to see what develops. Think thye weren't too sure it wasn't a wind up with nothing official coming from the club. No doubt by tomorrow they will be in full welcome the Messiah mode.

I have been in a positive frame of mind for a few weeks.(since 3 points at Hull) cos I have thought Newcastle were going down along with Middlesboro and West Brom.

But this is in my opinion is an inspired appointment , it is desperation too not many managers or ex players would touch it with a barge pole and they must be paying him a kings ransom...

April 1st it might be , but Newcastle United will not be relegated with Alan Shearer as manager !!!

Not just Rovers fans will be worried though ,Stoke have to play them (something we dont have too) ...

I still think we will stay up but now we are going to have to beat West Brom on the final day I fear ...

Just a few thoughts on this. Ashley must be desperate with the position they are in he wants to sell the club but can't if they go down what chance has he. How many times has shearer be linked with the club in the past Ashley must be paying him a fortune to come. Has he got enough time to sort them out before the Chelsea game who have got into a good run of form. Like people are saying they have a hard run in but they might pick up a few more points than they would have pre Shearer but will it be enough I hope not.

Archived