BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 2009/10 Football Kit Thread

Why dissapointing? If its smart then whats the problem?

Its only like this year where we had a similar away kit to the home kit. Also its out in time for our summer hols this time :rover:

True, its good having it released early. Id just rather a halved kit, something a bit different, but I suppose we get what we are given.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would go with that.....like the England 2nd strip.

A white away kit? Our home kit is mostly white.

Lets just hope it's not the orange/rust/gold colour again....

My Choice would be yellow with blue shorts, the Spall kit of the '80s. And while we're at it we should have blue socks for the home kit.

I quite like the white mock up. I know we already have a half white kit but this season we did have a dark blue away kit.

I still think Groobs is doing some Jedi mind trickery.

It says earlier in this tread that the numbers and lettering are red so the top cant be red mustr be white or navy

Where abouts is that?

I get a horrible feeling we are just going to see the shorts tomorrow and they'll be orange or something similar.

It says earlier in this tread that the numbers and lettering are red so the top cant be red mustr be white or navy

On the official messageboard somebody pre-ordered the shirt, on their receipt it states the numbers as being black! Which would work with a red, white or yellow shirt.

Don't see the point of having a white away shirt if our home kit is mainly white. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they go down this route, didn't see much point of our current away kit to be honest and thought the red and black halves was a far better kit.

I’ll be buying the home shirt but if the new away kit is as bad as our current one I’ll be giving it a miss.

BTW what’s the obsession of making a retro kit? I think the current England shirt is tacky and everyone else I’ve spoken to thinks the same.

Regarding kits:-

Chelsea will be wearing next seasons kit against us this weekend. Pity we aren't wearing our next seasons 2nd strip too.

Fans Forum minutes can answer that one -

TF confirmed that the away kit would be launched in May and the home kit in July. The club would have liked to have worn the new away kit in the final away game at Chelsea but this contravened Premier League rules.

I remembers Spurs wearing their new kit (away I think?) when we went to WHL on the last day of the season a few years back, why is it different now?

That's an easy one. They're Spurs and we're Blackburn Rovers.

That's an easy one. They're Spurs and we're Blackburn Rovers.

Maybe it's because Chelsea applied for permission to the Premier League in plenty of time, I'm not sure Umbro had Rovers new kit ready in time to ensure availability for the last away game of the season.

I remembers Spurs wearing their new kit (away I think?) when we went to WHL on the last day of the season a few years back, why is it different now?

Although Bob F probably has a point, I think it's because clubs can be given dispensation to wear a changed kit at their final home game only. So we could wear the new away kit against West Brom - personally I prefer us to stick to the Blue and White at home, especially for the last game of the season.

Confirming the above - from page 115 of the Premier League Rules -

20. On the occasion of a Club’s last home League Match in any Season an alternative Strip may be worn provided that:

20.1 at least 7 days’ prior written notice of intention to do so is given to the Secretary and the Visiting Club together in each case with a sample of the Strip intended to be worn;

20.2 the alternative Strip shall be subsequently registered as the Club’s home or away Strip for the following Season.

Confirming the above - from page 115 of the Premier League Rules -

Good Call Tris. Good work.

However, there is probably a bit of "They're Spurs and we're Blackburn Rovers" in it somewhere. Can you imagine the likes of Man Utd being turned down the opportunity to market their new kit at the end of the season?

I've not got an issue with us wearing our new kit's before the season is out, I've just got an issue with double standards with the FA and the way unfashionable teams are treated.

I've not got an issue with us wearing our new kit's before the season is out, I've just got an issue with double standards with the FA and the way unfashionable teams are treated.

But you're basing that on absolutely nothing in this instance. Nothing has happened for you to make that statement. At least wait until we're actually hard done to before trotting out the 'poor old Rovers' thing, it's tiresome enough as it is!

If I've understood what Tris posted correctly...we could still wear the new kit on the final day providing we supply written notice at least 7 days before the game? Or am I missing something?

But you're basing that on absolutely nothing in this instance. Nothing has happened for you to make that statement. At least wait until we're actually hard done to before trotting out the 'poor old Rovers' thing, it's tiresome enough as it is!

If I've understood what Tris posted correctly...we could still wear the new kit on the final day providing we supply written notice at least 7 days before the game? Or am I missing something?

I'm just speaking my mind, it's not just a Rovers thing but the less fashionable clubs in general. Yes I know it's not 'everyone is against Rovers and they wont let us wear our kit'. like i said, it doesn't bother me whether we wear it or not before next season, I'm just enjoying the banter and having a little fun.

You are correct in saying we could wear our new kit on the last day providing everything is in place, but surely you mean the home kit. I certainly wouldn't choose not to wear our home kit at home.

I sincerely hope we are not wearing it on the last day of the season. I am bringing two adults and two youngsters who have never been to Ewood before, one of the children is already muttering about 'Liverpool' :angry: and I want them to fall in love with all things blue and white not red or whatever colour the new away kit is going to be...

We wore our 'new' home kit at the end of the 2005/06 season vs. Manchester City.

I'm not the best with stats but I'm pretty sure we wore our new away kit before the end of the season not too long ago.

I think we've usually had an issue with manufacturing timescales and not had the kit ready over the last few seasons.

I sincerely hope we are not wearing it on the last day of the season. I am bringing two adults and two youngsters who have never been to Ewood before, one of the children is already muttering about 'Liverpool' :angry: and I want them to fall in love with all things blue and white not red or whatever colour the new away kit is going to be...

Good point Roversmum, Blue and White is the only way to go at Ewood.

slightly off topic but didn't we have changed strip mid season against Wolves for a anniversary game?

we did, but to celebrate the start of the football league (I think) and as it was against a founder member for the 1 game i'm sure they were given special dispensation for it. It may even have been pre arranged with the league before the start of the season

We also one season had to wear our away top at home due to everton having a blue home and white away kit with no third strip!!

Archived