BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 2009/10 Football Kit Thread

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ordering the shirt from Australia but the site has no information on sizing. The Lonsdale shirt long sleeve I got a small and it was to small but this years crown paint design I got a medium and it was too baggy. Anyone know where I can get size info from or am I just losing and gaining weight at a very rapid rate <_<

i presume there would be a rule against having white shorts on both the home and away kit!!

Surely the only ruling is that the kit does not clash with the opposition???

We could have a change to blue shorts if the white shorts clashed, like we did when Ossie Ardiles played for us!

I cant make my mind up on that design so far - will have to wait until tomorrow to decide. It might be completely different in the flesh. It has a kind of pin-stripe look on that photo from that phone.

Il be getting it anyway.

Im I being cynical or is it just a coincedence that the official messageboard goes down after the picture of the supposed away shirt was published on here?

BTW If that top really is the away shirt, I think its rubbish and I can't understand why its white when it clashes with our home shirt. Last seasons away shirt was bad enough but two seasons on the run is unbelievable.

If we do have an away shirt, I can't see it as nothing more then a money making racket, we will be selling 3 shirts in the club shop instead of two!

To justify the white shirt it will mean wearing the white shirt (away)against teams who's shirts don't clash with our home shirt!

very very very poor decision.

To justify the white shirt it will mean wearing the white shirt (away)against teams who's shirts don't clash with our home shirt!

If you're gonna say that, surely it's the same with any away shirt we produce to "justify" it?!

if that is the kit it has grown on me since i first seen it, certainly different and what harm is there in that?!

i may very well get it sooner rather than later. does anybody know whether the current kits will go down futher in price when the season ends?

BTW If that top really is the away shirt, I think its rubbish and I can't understand why its white when it clashes with our home shirt. Last seasons away shirt was bad enough but two seasons on the run is unbelievable.

very very very poor decision.

A white away shirt could be worn against Everton, Birmingham, Portsmouth and Chelsea which all clash with our home kit.

It could also be worn against Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Boro which would all clash with a red or red and black away shirt.

It could also be worn against Villa, West Ham, Burnley(!), Wolves, Hull and probably Man City, Wigan, West Brom and Newcastle depending on shorts and amount of white content in their new kits. That's probably 17 non-clashes from this season and next!!

The only problems where this seasons dark blue away shirt might be needed are away at Fulham, Spurs and Bolton.

The likes of Sunderland, Stoke, Sheffield United are away games where we could wear blue and white halves.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the actual article, but everyone slated this years effort when it was revealed (especially following the popular red and black halves) ... however a glance around Ewood on match day confirms that the dark blue shirt has sold extremely well. I expect this one will too - it looks very wearable if those pics are correct.

As a mum I loved the dark blue ones - don't show those stains that won't come out - and find the home strip hard to get mud free without the away strip being white. we've never had a white one that I can remember - why now, if it is white?

A white away shirt could be worn against Everton, Birmingham, Portsmouth and Chelsea which all clash with our home kit.

It could also be worn against Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Boro which would all clash with a red or red and black away shirt.

It could also be worn against Villa, West Ham, Burnley(!), Wolves, Hull and probably Man City, Wigan, West Brom and Newcastle depending on shorts and amount of white content in their new kits. That's probably 17 non-clashes from this season and next!!

The only problems where this seasons dark blue away shirt might be needed are away at Fulham, Spurs and Bolton.

The likes of Sunderland, Stoke, Sheffield United are away games where we could wear blue and white halves.

Against the likes of United, Liverpool, Boro etc we always wear blue n white do we not? Why would we now start wearing our white one, when the shorts & socks would clash with the main colour of theirs?

If we had a red/yellow shirt we could use it against these teams

We could use our home shirt against these teams if the shirt is red and away if its yellow

Again a red or yellow shirt could be used against these teamsThe only problems where this seasons dark blue away shirt might be needed are away at Fulham, Spurs and Bolton.

There wouldn't be a problem if we had a red or yellow away shirt and no excuse to have a money making third strip!

I'll reserve judgement until I see the actual article, but everyone slated this years effort when it was revealed (especially following the popular red and black halves) ... however a glance around Ewood on match day confirms that the dark blue shirt has sold extremely well. I expect this one will too - it looks very wearable if those pics are correct.

I may be wrong but since this thread started I don't recall anybody suggesting white as the away colour, most have gone for either red or yellow.

People have been saying "we've never had an away shirt thats been white" thats because it clashes with our home shirt!

i will be absolutely stunned if it the away top is mainlywhite.

surely the only white top we'll have is the training gear (as we have had in past seasons).

Maybe red & blue halves - not white - that would be a no no. If they cannot wear the home kit against some teams they would not go for white as an away kit. As an example they would need a third kit to play spuds. It is a red top, red shorts and red socks imo.

Is anyone going down to the shop at 7am to get it?!? :wacko:

Which one Hughesy? :lol:

Personally I like the look of the white one but not with red shorts.

As has been mentioned seems strange why it would be primarily white rather than a colour change.

Archived