BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Reid

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, wasn't Fergie sniffing around at one point? However when he came back last he did not look as good, but he didn't play that many games.

With Ince around who knows what was going on!!

Hopefully we can just ease him back in minute by minute and get him back up and running. 52.5 m.s. thats quick.

With Ince around who knows what was going on!!

Hopefully we can just ease him back in minute by minute and get him back up and running. 52.5 m.s. thats quick.

Yes I agree, but he will need time, he hasnt had any football for two years almost!!

Unfortunately Shearer's blast was too quick for the MoTD cameras which missed it and so it didn't win goal of the season.

How does that work? So nobody knew he scored it? You can't see all of the flight of the ball but it clearly cannons in off the underside of the bar.

IIRC, the goal of the season that year was Le Tiss's second in the Blackburn End. How can anybody argue with that?

How does that work? So nobody knew he scored it? You can't see all of the flight of the ball but it clearly cannons in off the underside of the bar.

IIRC, the goal of the season that year was Le Tiss's second in the Blackburn End. How can anybody argue with that?

Agreed Le Tis' was very special but the original footage of Shearer's blast showed him strike it then it bouncing once off the underside of the roof of the net, into the back of the net and rolling out. There was later a doctored version which purports to show the ball travelling between the two with a blurred Riverside behind.

My recollection is the ball struck the underside of the bar bounced down inside the goal hit the roof of the net just inside the cross bar bounced to the back of the net and came back into the field of play.

Although it was struck from well outside the area, the ball went in directly over the QPR keeper's head- the keeper half heartedly put his arms up but made no attempt to get airborne or make contact with the ball.

Anyway, that I think is the only Rovers shot I have seen which could remotely measure up to Steven Reid's rocket at Wigan.

Reidy of old was all about power and pace - a bit like Roberts but could hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Sadly, the types of injuries he's had tend to diminish those attributes. I do hope not because he's a top bloke and I suspect he'll be chomping at the bit to do well

As others have pointed out, when you have been out as long as long as he has, you a bound to pick up minor strains and niggles. Hopefully it isn't serious, because my word he has had some bad luck. No matter how long you are back in training, it's not until you play a game that you really test yourself and that's when injuries happen. If Reid is out for large chunks of this season, I'm afraid that we will have to let him go, even though I'm a big fan of his and think that he could be a great player for us.

Reid's appearance record isn't all that terrible. Got 20 starts in 07/08 for example. He's had two major injuries that take some getting back from and as a few have mentioned above, players often get a niggle when they come back. Let's face it, this was a game to blood/bring players back to the squad and so a bit a niggle isn't all that unexpected.

Pet topic of mine but I'd bet a lot of the people who want shut of Reid would take sicknote terrible goal scoring record Bellamy back in heartbeat! Probably the same people who were gutted to see Santa Cruz go too.

It's not the same injury so means nothing. If you haven't played for a while you are more susceptible to injury.

Bang on - its a minor niggle - shouldnt rule him out for long. Think we are just taking alot of precaution with him & Emerton.

Thanks Presty for the 189km/h shot at Preston by Reidy. Only 485,000 people have viewed it so far!

The view I got of the shot from just above that corner of the goal frightened the life out of me and then the whole stand went mad. Great memory of our first Premier match away at Wigan.

Get back soon reidy.

That goal against Wigan, and the characteristic tackles which only Samba can copy at this club, just shows what a player Steven Reid could have become. He had a massive six months (?) for us before getting injured, where he showed why he was more highly rated than the brilliant Tim Cahill at Millwall. He could have become a lesser club's Gerrard, now it's just a matter of patience and luck.

Get well Reidy, we need you!

Didn't know where to put this so I've put it here.

Just by chance I followed a link to KUMB a Wet Spam linked web site and under a thread on 'post blackburn thoughts'

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=...p;sk=t&sd=a

I found a post bottom of the page 1 by 'parkeys balls' who had been to Ewood and who wrote the following............

met steven reed outside well he parked next to me and i was like you play for this lot dont you, couldnt belive he was saying "we are in so much trouble, you will beat us today" he didnt play injured he was saying but talk about being a defeatest when the clubs ment to be paying his wages

:angry:

Like WHU are finding Prem League life a bowl of cherries at the moment! Is Reid a surrender monkey or what? Or are there dark forces at work at BRFC that we don't know about yet? :huh:

Come on Gord, are you being intentionally gullible? Even if there is a grain of truth in what Reidy supposedly said (and by the way, would that sort of conversation constitute a pretty severe disciplinary offence in the 'real' world?), could it be it was said with tongue firmly in cheek and with a grin as apparently BFS' remarks after the game were?

1) The guy is probably exagerating.

2) When with a West Ham fan or a few of them Reid is probably going to be a bit tactful and downplay our chances so not to cause an incident (especially after the mid week fiasco).

3) There are a couple of weaknesses in terms of players coming back from injury, which didn't help our chances, and would be a fair comment for Reid to make.

Archived