BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Reid

The fact that he's being farmed out to QPR suggests that he can't cut it at this level. Whilst I would love him to get back to the form of two or three seasons ago, however brief that form was, I don't think it will happen. He seems to be studying from the Paul Gascoigne and Matt Jansen joint biography of last chances.

Surely it's because clubs outside the Premier League in England can still loan players whereas clubs in the Premier League can't. Therefore it makes sense for him to join a club now and play games rather than in January.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People were deluding themselves if they thought he could be the same old player. He was a shadow of his former self after his last injury already.

I loved his style of play. He will be missed in our midfield.

You expected him to be the same old player in only 4 games after his injury....under INCE? I think he CAN become the same old player, but it will take games and that's why I'm glad he's going out on loan. In other news, JW is planning contract talks with Reidy, as well as Pedersen, Dunn and Hoilett.

You expected him to be the same old player in only 4 games after his injury....under INCE? I think he CAN become the same old player, but it will take games and that's why I'm glad he's going out on loan. In other news, JW is planning contract talks with Reidy, as well as Pedersen, Dunn and Hoilett.

Its not like its his 1st injury Michael.

Out of all the championship teams I'm glad its QPR, if it is actually a deal to get him sold.

I know that after all these injuries he wont be worth much. But a couple of good performances and QPR are financially stable enough to come up with a good offer and not just waste our time.

Still would prefer him to stay.

Only a complete idiot would think that he deserves a new contract. I will admit hes been an honest player for us and has had the desire to play for Rovers but unfortunately were not a charity club and we cannot afford to keep a non playing midefielder on the books. Thanks for some good perfomances over the years but Reidy its time for you to go.

Bit suprised about this, as I'd have thought if he's fit enough to play he'd be a better bet then Andrews, and thus warrent a place in the squad.

However the more I think on it it's not a bad move. He does well, we've got a decent player back (although like others I doubt he'll be the player he was) and can offer him a contract - pay as you play orientated obviously, if not then he's at least putting himself in the shop window.

As it is I'd prefer him near the team as oppose to Andrews, and for nostalgic reasons I'd like to see him come back into the side, but I guess that might be too much to ask for.

Reid is most certainly limping at the last chance saloon.

Part of me thinks him doing well at QPR wont help us that much, as it will raise the question of a potential new contract. It's best we just cut all ties now.

A bit surprising I agree... just the other day, it seemed like Sam was eager to give Reid a run in the first team. Not really sure what to make of it to be honest... I suppose it's a good move, as he'll get some important game time with QPR and can then be sold for more or kept as an option in our team for next season (if he does well).

It can be seen one of two ways. Its giving him the chance to play regular football and get his fitness up, with the view to bringing him back if he proves he can playing regularly and deserves a new contract. Or, this is the end of the line and we are letting him go now, with the view of releasing him in the summer. I can't decide which one I think it is.

It can be seen one of two ways. Its giving him the chance to play regular football and get his fitness up, with the view to bringing him back if he proves he can playing regularly and deserves a new contract. Or, this is the end of the line and we are letting him go now, with the view of releasing him in the summer. I can't decide which one I think it is.

Id say its abit of both.

1st of all - go out and prove yourself and get yourself fit and then comeback and play for us.....however pick up another long term or medium term injury and probably see that as the end of your blackburn contract.

Sam has said it is Reid's decision as he wants to play football. Reid's comments on QPR website says he is out of favour with us, so has come to play games. Says it is a short term deal but could be extended.

Read into that what you like, presume we will hear more about it today from Sam in the pre-Bolton match media comments.

Sam has said it is Reid's decision as he wants to play football. Reid's comments on QPR website says he is out of favour with us, so has come to play games. Says it is a short term deal but could be extended.

Read into that what you like, presume we will hear more about it today from Sam in the pre-Bolton match media comments.

Its only fair that he isnt in favour at the moment - we cant afford to be getting players in the team that are not match fit - he needs to go away and prove that elsewhere which is what he is hopefully going to do.

Sam has said it is Reid's decision as he wants to play football.

That implies that either QPR are picking up all of his wages, or Reid has taken a temporary drop in order to play games. There is no way we'll be paying him to play somewhere else if it's his decision.

Archived