BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Reid

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not on the injury list on Physio room, and they are always pretty accurate.

If he is recovered it is another option of course. Problem is I can't see anything he offers that Emerton and NZonzi don't. Maybe slightly more attacking than NZonzi...

Hmm. Not sure where he is going to fit in. Will have a real fight on his hands just to get on the bench at the minute.

Didn't know where to put this so I've put it here.

Just by chance I followed a link to KUMB a Wet Spam linked web site and under a thread on 'post blackburn thoughts'

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=...p;sk=t&sd=a

I found a post bottom of the page 1 by 'parkeys balls' who had been to Ewood and who wrote the following............

met steven reed outside well he parked next to me and i was like you play for this lot dont you, couldnt belive he was saying "we are in so much trouble, you will beat us today" he didnt play injured he was saying but talk about being a defeatest when the clubs ment to be paying his wages

:angry:

Like WHU are finding Prem League life a bowl of cherries at the moment! Is Reid a surrender monkey or what? Or are there dark forces at work at BRFC that we don't know about yet? :huh:

Ask yourself which club did Reid come from? More mischief making from Whammers.

He's not on the injury list on Physio room, and they are always pretty accurate.

If he is recovered it is another option of course. Problem is I can't see anything he offers that Emerton and NZonzi don't. Maybe slightly more attacking than NZonzi...

Hmm. Not sure where he is going to fit in. Will have a real fight on his hands just to get on the bench at the minute.

That was yesterday, he's had the whole of today to pull up with something.

LET reports that Rovers are going to play some behind closed door friendly games this international break involving, Reidy, Emerton, Nelsen, Di Santo, Diouf and Salgado. This is in the hope that they'll all be fit for the Wolves game. It also reports that Reid has been in the training ground for the last two years whilst he has been injured doing work on his knee and his all round fitness. He is apparently one of the fittest members of the squad barring his injuries.

LET reports that Rovers are going to play some behind closed door friendly games this international break involving, Reidy, Emerton, Nelsen, Di Santo, Diouf and Salgado. This is in the hope that they'll all be fit for the Wolves game. It also reports that Reid has been in the training ground for the last two years whilst he has been injured doing work on his knee and his all round fitness. He is apparently one of the fittest members of the squad barring his injuries.

We won 4-1 against Burnley in a behind closed door friendly last night apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see his best buddy is Dunn - wonder if that is why he was at the reserves watching the other night - as he was chatting to Dunny when he saw him in the stand.....

Good to see Reid in the LT too - saying he hasnt had any contract talks, but he owes the club alot and thanks the club and fans for sticking by him and that he plans on getting fit, winning his place back, winning a new contract and then hopefully going to the world cup with Ireland.

Interesting to see his best buddy is Dunn - wonder if that is why he was at the reserves watching the other night - as he was chatting to Dunny when he saw him in the stand.....

Good to see Reid in the LT too - saying he hasnt had any contract talks, but he owes the club alot and thanks the club and fans for sticking by him and that he plans on getting fit, winning his place back, winning a new contract and then hopefully going to the world cup with Ireland.

It would need to be on seriously reduced terms though. No doubt Reid and Pedersen will be pulling their tripe out to earn new deals this season. Only to slip out of form and onto the treatment table, respectively, once the ink is dry!

LeChuck, are you being sarcastic? Surely, seeing as his best form - when, allegedly, he had Fergie on his case - was as a CM and therefore he would naturally consider this his best position?

BTW: It seems everyone thinks Gael Givet is an appalling dresser who takes no pride over his image. GOOD ON YOU, GAEL!!! Leave the narcissistic eye-brow shaving to the prats.

LeChuck, are you being sarcastic? Surely, seeing as his best form - when, allegedly, he had Fergie on his case - was as a CM and therefore he would naturally consider this his best position?

I wish the lad well but not in central midfield. I always found him frustrating to watch (in this position) because he rarely showed imagination; he was always looking for the simple (usually sideways) pass.

I wish the lad well but not in central midfield. I always found him frustrating to watch (in this position) because he rarely showed imagination; he was always looking for the simple (usually sideways) pass.

Dunno about that, that season when we finished 6th just a couple of points off 5th? Reidy was a huge part of that team and one of the main reasons we had such a great year, he was excellent alongside Sav.

Agree with that....He bacame our most progressive midfielder with good strong runs into the area...The goal at Wigan was fantastic and summed up his form at the time...Right behind that I was...

Alas we have waited in vain for a repeat................and he did try................

He is not a prolific goalscorer - only 6 in over 100 appearances for Rovers (only 6 assists in that time too). He scored 7 in 124 if you include cups and Europe). His strength, IMO, is his energy and uncompromising tackling.

Reid scored a great goal at Sunderland in this period too, got the ball on the half way line, and then ran at the defence, got to the edge of the box and banged it into the net. Reid's main strength is exactly this-picking up the ball and running at the opposition-his first touch is usually the problem, though once he has it under control he's pretty effective.

Until his knee falls off or similar.

Reid scored a great goal at Sunderland in this period too, got the ball on the half way line, and then ran at the defence, got to the edge of the box and banged it into the net. Reid's main strength is exactly this-picking up the ball and running at the opposition-his first touch is usually the problem, though once he has it under control he's pretty effective.

Until his knee falls off or similar.

Quality.

I recall the exact tactics were that Dickov and Bellamy were heavily marked (due to being pacey, annoying, mouthy little tits) and so they moved apart, bringing the markers with them, allowing Reid a clear shot on goal. Quality training piece that. I once scored a similar goal (tho more accidentally).

• 2 weeks later...
Problem with Reid has been injuries - IF he gets fit and stays fit then he is a big player for us. He looked very strong the other night for the ressies - give him 6-8 game to get his fitness up and he is a massive boost for us!

Yes but the problem is that he never seems to get 6-8 games under his belt before he gets injured again.

Archived