BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lars Jacobsen Signs

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think West Ham have got themselves a bargain. He's a solid right back who played consitently well for us until Salgado came in. I'd have much rather seen the back of Chumpbonda.

Apparently Chimbonda was going there, until we demanded a fee and West Ham pulled out and opted for Jacobsen. At least one of them had to go, due to the surplus of right-backs.

the surplus of right-backs.....

.....was something that we could all see last Summer. So why was Sam allowed to sign them all?

Presumably the demand for a fee for Chimbonda was due to his ability to play LB or CB as well. As a squad player this gives him a huge advantage over Jacobsen. No doubt his wages reflect that - and then some.

He doesn't actually say that. He says he's looking forward to playing the "West Ham way".

Trying to endear himself to West Ham fans early on. Never heard him once make a peep whilst at Blackburn, he just got on with it.

If he was really unhappy here (which I doubt), I'm even more impressed at his attitude.

Lars Jacobsen gives professional football a good name.

He doesn't actually say that. He says he's looking forward to playing the "West Ham way".

Trying to endear himself to West Ham fans early on. Never heard him once make a peep whilst at Blackburn, he just got on with it.

If he was really unhappy here (which I doubt), I'm even more impressed at his attitude.

Lars Jacobsen gives professional football a good name.

He says he didn't like the long ball game. He preferred playing it from the back, on the floor.

The thing is, he wouldn't be the only player thinking that - would he!

He says he didn't like the long ball game. He preferred playing it from the back, on the floor.

The thing is, he wouldn't be the only player thinking that - would he!

I don't give a toss what they think, they are paid damn well to earn points for Rovers.

Slowly, but surely, I think our style is improving under Sam. We will never play like Arsenal but we are getting easier on the eye over time.

I think he forgot to mention the fact that a 35 year old who'd played the passing game at Real Madrid for 10 years was the one that kept him out of the side tosser.

Damn dude.

He's entitled to his opinion and its been taken out of context. I think the lad did a good job here for his few games. A very useful player, kind of reminded me of a poor mans Berg with some of his runs and pressure on the opposition defense.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived