BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lars Jacobsen Signs

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could ask Man Utd the same about letting Ronaldo go, ok there's a hell of a lot less money involved but I'm sure you get the gist.

Eh? United are getting a huge amount of compensation for losing Ronaldo, and it's not as if they wanted to let him go anyway.

Everton are getting nothing and seem quite happy to let Jacobsen go. Hardly the same thing at all really.

Eh? United are getting a huge amount of compensation for losing Ronaldo, and it's not as if they wanted to let him go anyway.

Everton are getting nothing and seem quite happy to let Jacobsen go. Hardly the same thing at all really.

Probably didn't want to take the risk on injuries. We have - same deal as Cruz really. Also I imagine room on the wage bill would be an issue with them chasing Jo and Owen etc. If we keep him fit it will be a good deal, if we don't it will be bad one.

Window has not officially open yet and we have signed four. Pretty good going. I would honestly say all we need now is a striker and a midfielder. And probably the midifielder is contingent on moving someone on.

I have to confess to being quite happy!

Probably didn't want to take the risk on injuries. We have - same deal as Cruz really. Also I imagine room on the wage bill would be an issue with them chasing Jo and Owen etc. If we keep him fit it will be a good deal, if we don't it will be bad one.

Window has not officially open yet and we have signed four. Pretty good going. I would honestly say all we need now is a striker and a midfielder. And probably the midifielder is contingent on moving someone on.

I have to confess to being quite happy!

Agreed.

My ideal situation would be as follows:

Di Santo

#1 striker (take your pick of the names listed)

central midfielder (again, take your pick)

get rid of

Brown

Rigters

Gallagher

Reid

Is Jakobsen of the Givet mould, never coming over the half way line.

Trying to get a picture of what Sam has in mind for his formation/s

Jacobsen likes to come forward and play 1-2 with the right wing, i would say that he can make up to 10 assist this season if we get the right persin in front of goal :-)

It can be managed, medical science has moved on somewhat but there still is an inherent risk with this kind of injury.

I don't think Bryan Robson ever really got the better of his shoulder/collar bone injury. And he would have had the best treatment possible. Mind you if he'd have used the other arm to lift his pint he may have been O.K.

You cant fault signing an International right back on a free transfer.

I agree with the other posters that said the 2 year deal is a precaution, he has only played in 12 games in the last 2 seasons after all.

I think he could be good with us if he's injury free and especially with Denmark heading to way to the world cup finals, he will want to play well to keep his position in his national side.

judging by this forum and the way they treat transfers i think the main question we should be asking ourselves is what this guys future sell on price will be...

I'm an Everton fan, seen all his games for us.

Wouldn't have minded him staying as a squad player but at the same time don't really care that he's gone elsewhere.

He's quite comfortable on the ball, his defending is ok (but his positioning seemed a bit iffy at times) and while he's not exactly lightening fast he's not slow either.

I think he's up to Premiership standard but is nothing special. You could see watching our side that Baines on the other flank was a cut above him.

judging by this forum and the way they treat transfers i think the main question we should be asking ourselves is what this guys future sell on price will be...

In three year's time it will obviously be someone else's problem.

It can be managed, medical science has moved on somewhat but there still is an inherent risk with this kind of injury.

I dislocated mine about 6 years ago.

It's certainly never popped out again and I've done a lot of running/ exercise since then.

That's not what I meant,

You said - "If he's that good why have Everton let him go?"

I was using Ronaldo as an example, comparing what you said and putting Ronaldo into the equation like this, if Ronaldo is that good why have Utd let him go? I did mention the money aspect too.

Players come and go, also Everton are 5th/6th place finishers in this league we finished 10 places below them last season, they are a better team than us at the moment. I'm not giving Everton too much respect but they were a better team than us last season despite us taking 4 points off them. Everton are a top side. If we'd signed a right back from Arsenal or Aston Villa would you think the same?

Good player Jacobsen. If he stays fit, we will have a solid right back. Imo Jacobsen is a better right back than Seiterides(i wanted Seiterides,but) and he offers EPL experience. Im happy with the signing of Lars. Welcome to Rovers.

Ah! bloody Ah! He's on a free.

Rovers have a decent record of signings from Everton, Matt Woods, best uncapped Centre Half in English topdivision in his time, couldnt get a game at Everton, George Sharples a quality midfielder and Mike newell didnt do badley either!!

Quite happy, he's worth a punt on a free.

For all those sarcastically bringing up resale value, obviously this situation has flown way over your ahead. Have you asked yourself why we're having to take a punt on an injury-prone player on a free transfer? The answer is because a few years ago we paid a relatively large amount on a 32 year old, who then left on a free this summer.

Quite happy, he's worth a punt on a free.

For all those sarcastically bringing up resale value, obviously this situation has flown way over your ahead. Have you asked yourself why we're having to take a punt on an injury-prone player on a free transfer? The answer is because a few years ago we paid a relatively large amount on a 32 year old, who then left on a free this summer.

On the flip side, the same player- Ooijer was excellent value for money, a good centre half who played at right back when required. Was he worth the fee? Of course he was, we purchased a full international player, they dont come cheap but are relatively low risk as they should succeed, I would sooner do that then spend £6.7 million on an up and coming Italian... :blink:

Let's not beat about the bush, he is not much more than a journeyman. If Eddie Nolan had been given a chance, maybe we wouldn't be needing this guy.

I'm sure he'll be solid but we should really be producing our own "solid" players. It's true star quality that we should be recruiting.

Ah but once you have dislocated a shoulder, it nearly always becomes a weak spot, and has a nasty habit of popping out again at the slightest provocation. So I have been told by a doctor friend of mine.

Let's hope Rovers medical staff have looked at it properly in this case.

Does anyone know if this is his first one?? and if not what age he was when it happened??

I dislocated mine about 6 years ago.

It's certainly never popped out again and I've done a lot of running/ exercise since then.

He'll have to work on his rotator cuff muscle but even then its a contact sport (shoulder to shoulder is very common), right impact at the right angle. He's got a 50/50 chance of doing it again, good old stat's , LOL.

Archived